Public profiles in competitive please

because it’s private by default so they aren’t putting it private… seriously what kind of jump in logic are you using reporting people for having the default setting

Precisely because of your attitude.

I’m not a bad person just because I don’t feel like playing the same hero every single hour of my life.

Yet you somehow feel I should be banned just because I flexed for my first couple of games and wanted to play a different hero for a change.

4 Likes

I can’t tell whether you are high or trolling? Why would you want scummy players like throwers, trolls, boosted and boosters, cheaters ect to be able to hide???
What good does that do? Are you sane?

I was neutral about private profiles, maybe even a little more against than pro, but people quickly made me realise that I rather would like to have my profile on private than public. The less reasons people find to be toxic about the better.

1 Like

Paranoid delusion is a fine replacement.

I’m not saying I want ppl to play their main. I want ppl to try and win. I want ppl to not play a hero the first time ever in comp. I’m sure you agree with that no?

I will support you if you wanna play tracer instead of mercy. As long as you do roughly ok. Even if we are losing I have no hard feelings towards you.

Now what I don’t like is if you play tracer, do nothing, are not cooperating. Have 0 min on her and just decide to randomly one trick her when all you have ever done before was play different heroes.

Then they just make fool of themselves and it’s much easier to find some support from other teammates in that case.

I know what I’m saying. I’m a Sombra main. You have no idea how many players trash you right in the first second you pick her. I don’t want even to know what Torb/Bastion/Sym mains have to go through…

1 Like

‘Gameplay Sabotage’ is:

“Actively harassing or disrupting your team through the use of game mechanics or player actions.”

By deliberately playing a hero at which you are inferior, you are hindering your team’s chances of winning. Quick play exists for a reason.

When you come to competitive, everyone needs to be willing to play at their best and give their team the best chance to win. This is not about you. This is not about any one person. This is about the team.

The Sym not in comms who demands (even without saying it) that everyone play around them? Sabotage.

The Mercy one-trick who is having a bad day or is being countered and doesn’t do anything about it? Sabotage.

Do everything in your power to win or get out of comp. Don’t demand people try and fix your mistakes or pick up your slack. This is what leads to toxicity and general angst within the community.

3 Likes

Must hurt to know that private profiles are here to stay.

2 Likes

I’m just saying private profiles haven’t solved a whole lot and in my opinion created a paranoia problem. Just look at this very thread or LFG demanding public profiles. Public or private, you’re still harassed for picking Sombra.

Cuz I have a feeling your definition of throwing is not playing what you want them to play. Either way I repeat the same thing, those not willing to swap characters will not swap characters just cuz you see their profile. That’s not how people work. There is literally no reason to see their profile unless you are planing to boss them around or shame them. Ask nicely and those willing to cooperate will. those not willing wont swap if you ask nicely, beg, threaten and def wont if you see their profile.

4 Likes

Gotta love how the most common argument against Private Profiles always boils down to, “I want to be able to Scapegoat.”

If that hadn’t been the primary use of public profiles we’d have never needed private profiles.

4 Likes

All of this. Every last word.

Don’t blame private profiles. Blame uncooperative and uncommunicative teammates. Control what you can, leave everything else up to everyone else.

4 Likes

I’m a garbo player by overwatch standards, and I was never once ridiculed over my profile. We have some seriously delusional people here.

Not saying harassment never happens, but it’s going to happen regardless of what kind of regulations bliz puts in the game.

And besides, I am just talking about competitive here, not for everything else. I don’t care about your profile generally. But there are times when it’s the only way to find info out about a player who might be throwing or smurfing or who knows?

I don’t even mind if ppl arent on mains or ask to not play main cause they are tired of it. As long as they aren’t majorly inferior to others on that hero. Hence not hindering me from getting my win.

But private profiles just lets all kinds of unwanted behavior pass by much easier.

Much less since my profile is private.

People don’t even look on the winrate, where mine is 70-80% every season on her.

But I have to add that very often she isn’t my first pick. I switch to her when my team has some potential to work with her, but with my current pick we’re not progressing at all.

1 Like

What bearing does this have on private profiles though?

That’s my big thing. If I wanna do that, I’ll do it either way. You looking at my profile does literally nothing for you except for getting you upset, which likely leads to you falsely reporting me.

That’s not them demanding anything then. That’s you imposing your own insecurities on someone else.

A good Sym doesn’t need their team to completely bunker around them.

Gameplay sabotage does not include playing poorly or not swapping.

It is literally in the game. You could not be more wrong about this point.

You know what else leads to toxicity?

Blaming everyone else for not being good enough for your arbitrary standards and threatening to report them for every little thing.

7 Likes

At this point I don’t see them change private profile in any.

They can see the same thing based on how you play that match. They don’t need to see your profile.

Let’s check

Nope doesn’t check out

Still doesn’t check out.

Blizzard has come out and stated explicitly that as long as people are actively trying to win they are free to play any hero of their choosing, whether it’s someone they one trick or someone they picked for the first time. It doesn’t qualify as gameplay sabotage. It only works if all they do is jump off the ledge, stay in spawn or in case of mei keeps walling teammates in.

9 Likes