It's YOUR FAULT you can't climb! Stop making cheap excuses

Posts like yours completely miss the point. There’s nothing you can do about situations like these, but they aren’t holding you back in the long run. Not every game is like that, and if you think every game is, then you have the wrong mindset and are falling victim to confirmation bias.

I started low silver in season 4. Now I’m GM on this account and high master on my main account and have four more 3.3k+ accounts. You can git gud, but you need to accept that this stuff is not the problem; it’s your own personal skill.

3 Likes

You should probably track your competitive games in a spreadsheet like Basilisk’s Overwatch Performance Tracker and put in the notes when you encounter these things both on your team and the other team, and see how often it really happens.

Then, you’ll need to evaluate whether the problem is that you tilt at the slightest provocation when people on your team don’t do things the way you want.

If you assume it’s everyone else’s fault, you’ll find things to blame it on, and never determine whether you can get better.

If you assume that there’s something that you can do better, you’ll use methods such as vod review, requesting coaching, and you’ll probably find things that help.

1 Like

I agree on blizzard not knowing that a hero needs to also be fairly balanced. There needs to be a balance in required skill to value. Blizz sucks with that big time!

Regardless I mean you have 12 gamers in a game and 5 teammates. Whoever expects every game to be in their control completely regardless of playing in their skill rating (where their teammates and enemy are about equally as skilled as them). It just doesn’t make any sense.

They could make you feel more in control however by for example nerfing all ults. So plays can be made out of the game. And the winning factor is less off a press q better and farm q better.

I don’t think anyone makes this claim. I think the claim (which is fairly accurate) is that across a sufficiently large number of games, your contribution does matter, and it adds up to either SR increases, or SR decreases. Sufficiently large is probably 20-30 games? It might take 100 games in a season to have a really accurate SR.

1 Like

Some ppl here and in other threads seem to make that claim quite often.

Anyways.
I agree with you it should be a little faster (much faster would also be bad) to reach a sr representing your skill accurately once your mmr is set.
I think as long as your performance from past season stayed consistent after like 20games you have the same sr as past season.

At least that was the case for me always. Given meta didn’t majorly change and I didnt play better or worse.

Very clearly you. How openly toxic as hell and two faced can one get :thinking:

Need I quote more to prove my point?
You say look at yourself in one thread yet very clearly and openly blame everyone but yourself in another :thinking:

Also, private profiles are fine. Anyone who complains about them are obviously just upset they have less people to reliably scapegoat.

This is true. I used to flex a LOT and climbing took forever. Now that I’m only a DPS player my actual skill with each of my mains is so much higher, and I can win much more easily. That being said, a little flexibility is important as you can’t always play your preferred hero/role. Additionally, having been a flex player really helps me out here as I can swap around comfortably in niche situations that require heroes that I don’t play anymore. For the most part, 2 heroes in every role (maybe 3 in your main role as well) should suffice.

use your brain!
if these people can be on your team, they can be on your enemy team just as likely. which means these factors simply reduce to zero.

so no, those things dont hold you back in the long run, only in a certain specific game at a time. but if you tilt and stop grinding once you meet these people, of course you wont climb.

and the other option is that maybe your “best effort” is on the level of those throwers. thats a possibility, but ill give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are better than them.

I dont see how its my fault that my team cant protect their mercy, but okay. It isnt hard to climb though.

This season I climbed back to gold with a 50% winrate, I was losing about 15-20 SR on loses and gaining about 25 SR for every win. You shouldn’t really be climbing at a 50% winrate, but if you play better then everyone else in your rank you can still climb.

But i didn’t place in gm while im clearly a gm player(my mommy told me im really good) D: The system must be rigged against me!

Consider going 0/1 IRL

I agree that a lot of players make excuses. But when you keep ending up in matches where your dps has zero kills, half the dmg from the opposing team and you (me, I play support) have the highest heals, assists and more kills than the dps… It’s hard to see how the problem is oneself not being good enough.

its your fault that you didnt motivated your dps to play good enough , you should be ashamed . You had to give him a motivational speech at the start of the round to make him believe in himself! what kind of player are you? its disgusting to hear how much you neglect your team mates!!!

1 Like

And can you control any of that?

Is there a button you have, some skill you’ve mastered, that can make the other people in the lobby play the way you feel is optimal?

No?

Alright then, your best bet is to just take a breath, realize you can only change and affect your own gameplay, and do your best even through all the garbage.

No, you can’t help it when your tank decides to throw the match. What you can do is pick your best and play your best to the finish line, even if it’s a guaranteed loss. You’ll lose points just for losing, but I ghot a secret for you…

Overwatch don’t give you jack for having a high score. And really, are you that concerned about what some sniveling nerd here on the forums says about your ranking?

Play to get better at the game, regardless of if the match you’re given is hardmode or not.

1 Like

Four years to come up with this?
Maybe you should go first if your life moves that slowly.

2 Likes

The games are a clown show. I can’t tell the difference between B5 or P5(two accounts in each). That could be because I have gold players in my B5 games though. Everything is too random and inconsistent to be taken seriously. I’m not sure how anyone can defend this mm and rank system. It’s dumb. I don’t care though. I like how much I’ve improved since S1. Rank is meaningless.

As a solo queuer, you go against stacks, so that’s not the case at all for us. It’s not a serious mode. All the ranks are nonsense. I look at people’s profiles that have high ranks and they hardly play comp. If you place, and then don’t play much, you’ll be at a higher rank than if you played a lot. You also see where people get boosted. They don’t play any or just a few games and shoot up a few ranks each season. It looks completely random to me. I think the matchmaking and ranking system are inadequate.

2 Likes

the operating theory among the apologists is essentially every loss streak is exclusively your fault and every win streak is luck. It’s absolutely moronic, but it is what it is. The playerbase is bottoming out and these drooling mouthbreathers refuse to admit there is even a problem - I guess that’s why they’re the only ones left, too stupid to see the writing on the wall.

Defend the game to its grave. See how that works out for you.

8 Likes

The matchmaker is designed explicitly to do one thing and one thing only - ensure complete steamrolls EVERY game. If you get a game that isn’t, then that’s a statistical anomaly, a complete outlier. The matchmaker’s algorithm is “Put the best five players on one team, the worst five on the other.” Much easier to implement than something that would be FAIR. They’ve been doing this since WoW PvP and will be doing it until the company fails completely.

1 Like

while i don’t disagree, the matchmaker is really trash