PS4/Telstra ISP - Australian Disconnection Issues (LC-202 / BC-101)

I have tried many options and it is still happening.
I get in the game and able to do things until I join a match in which it leaves the game and comes up with LC-202

1. All the time
  2. All the time after like a minute and a half
  3. Optus
  4. Still disconnects

Everyone I know who plays PS4 in Australia has had these exact problems
Pls fix
Cheers

3 Likes

5g yikers 5g yikers 5g yikers 5g yikers

Worth noting that when I’m playing connecting to my Optus 4G hotspot, game chat is extremely robotic and buggy and there are weird involuntary movement issues that occur occasionally.

1 Like

Yep can confirm disconnections as well on PS4 in Australia (Melbourne). Lost over 200SR and banned :((((

1. All the time consistently
  2. All the time
  3. Telstra
  4. Tether with Telstra 4g and same issue

I’m having this problem too on PS4
I’ve never had an issue with connection before and my internet is connecting just fine everywhere else. Including overwatch on PC. I played on the ptr for like 6 hours learning echo like two days ago. I’ve lost important games with my team because of these issues. I’ve tried everything with my router and it doesn’t seem to be that either.

Told you it wasn’t my set up.

1 Like

Any update on when this will be fixed? I’ve got a penalty on my account now and that’s simply by trying one game a day to see if the error is fixed? My issues started on Saturday at the time just assumed it was DDOS.

Can confirm I’m with telstra and the disconnects seem to only happen when I join a game. No issues in training grounds or skirmishes it seems.

I’ve tried mobile tethering but I suspect my mobile might be on the telstra network too!

1 Like

Fix the servers ps4 servers

1. Every time I hop on overwatch on ps4 both day and night
  2. they happen every game including quickplay and other playlists they even kick me out when I am searching for a game
  3. Telstra
  4. Still disconnects regardless

I Have xp bans and Huge loss off SR cause of this crap
Overwatch on ps4 is UNPLAYABLE
you see it every session I am in
for the first time I will miss out on challenges for a event due this crap
lost my ranking and have to spend more hours just trying to get SR back that was loss to the servers
WIPE MY BANS CAUSE I HAD A CLEAN SLAT before this !

1 Like

Can confirm that this has been happening since Friday morning for most Australian OW players on PS4. I need a fix fast! Anyone have a clue of when this will be fixed?

Just saw the questions,
All the time
Telstra
It’s fine on PC
I haven’t tried mobile hotspot but I’m with Telstra there too and from what I’ve seen in this thread it won’t help much
I’ve lost league games because of this. I was supposed to be playing in CGL today. My main has lost a lot of sr and I’m losing contact with some really close friends. Please fix this asap.

Come on, Blizz. This is obviously a widespread problem in the community. At least put a temporary lock on Competitive play in Australia until this is resolved.

3 Likes
  1. Anytime of the day
  2. Whenever I try and load into the game or mid game (no matter the mode)
  3. Telstra
  4. Using mobile hotspot I had no disconnect issues.

I’ve been having these issues with LC-200 error code.

1. Do these disconnections happen at a certain time of day, or consistently?
    I have tried all different times of the day and cannot connect at all.

2. How frequently do they happen?
    Everytime for the past 4days or so

3. What is your ISP?
    Telstra FTTN NBN

4. If you have access to a mobile phone with a tethering option
    I have also tried and does not work.

Troubleshooting I have done;
Factory reset modem
Tried WiFi and Ethernet connection
Signed out and in of PS Network account
Signed into Blizard account - disconnected and reconnected PS account
Tried different network options
Still error code everytime I attempt to play any type of game

1 Like

Some info for people who can’t play.

Affected Telstra networks:

Telstra (main)
Belong
Woolworths Mobile
ALDI Mobile
Mate
Telechoice
Lycamobile
Pennytel
Tangerine Telecom
numobile
Boost Mobile

All these providers run from the Telstra network and wont work with OW currently.

Solutions (for those just hell keen to play and don’t want to wait anymore haha):

• Hotspot from a phone that is not with any of these providers.
  • If you have an old phone sitting around, you can get a cheap as SIM for a non-telstra network and just load it up and hotspot from that.
  • Pre-paid mobile dongle from another network (e.g. I have an optus dongle I use for work that you can load up with pre-paid data, works perfectly with OW).
1 Like

I am in the same boat, Telstra, PS4, Melbourne.

I thought it was my whole Battle.net connection with PS4 account, so I’ve disabled/reconnected but now I get the BC-101 and can’t even log in.

Gonna miss out on the weekly skin because of this, not to mention my SR.

3 Likes

Same issue with Telstra wifi and hotspot from my phone, no response in 24hrs isn’t fantastic considering most of Aus is with Telstra

Since many of you are on Telstra, I checked their Twitter feed. They mentioned they will be behind on repairing issues due to COVID-19.

While they don’t specifically state outstanding issues, since not all players are affected by disconnections, this might be one of those issues on their “to do” list.

2 Likes

Hey Drakuloth,

1. Disconnects at all times of day.

2. The disconnects happen at random times. A few minutes apart, 30 seconds and can’t even login past the main screen either.

3. ISP is Telstra. Also my mobile phone as well.

4. As it is with Telstra as well it’s having the same issues.

Long shot but I also have a permanent ban on Competitive play this season due to the connection issues. I also only play Competitive would there be any chances of have this ban lifted as result? The account is a plat border nearly diamond.

Also be nice to be given the weekly skin, that in all likelihood we will not be able to acquire.