PS4/Telstra ISP - Australian Disconnection Issues (LC-202 / BC-101)

Telstra ffth constant dc at any time of the day. No problems with literally any other game. It’s been happening since the update. Can play with no DC on optus mobile

It is not Telstra I think it is the servers

Still broken now I am broken

Since SadTechNerd can play on the Oceanic servers using another connection, I think it’s safe to say this is a Telstra-related issue.

It’s likely that a peer Telstra uses is where the issue is happening. Your routes to other services are not being affected, so they’re working as expected. But it’s the route you use for Blizzard that isn’t doing what it’s supposed to. Unless every service you use is hosted inside the same building, the routes will differ for each one. This creates the misconception that because you can’t connect to the game, it’s the game server’s fault.

2 Likes

In the 1 minute I am able to play Overwatch before being disconnected I do not lag, my ping is fine and every other game on my PS4 works fine with no lag or ping (BO4 and MW as well which is somewhat Blizzard)

How does Telstra work fine on everything else but not on one specific game?

Should I contact Telstra?

1 Like

Not sure what kind of repairing issues they would need considering the only connection issue Telstra has involves console Overwatch and nothing else.

The fact this hasn’t been fixed yet and a large portion of an entire country haven’t been able to play the game for almost a week is beyond a joke. Can’t exactly contact them and expect a fix either, because their customer support can’t do anything about company to company issues and act dumbfounded regarding the specificity of the issue. Waiting around and hoping that they magically fix this issue they’re probably not even aware of isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

I explained this above.

1 Like

Nothing else that you use or play, but it’s possible other services you aren’t using are also having issues. Either way, with COVID-19 reducing the workforce for companies all over the globe, it is possible they don’t know, or just can’t do anything about it right now.

1 Like

Has Blizzard brought this issue to their attention, or are we all just crossing our fingers and awaiting the day they realise something’s wrong and address it? That could be weeks from now, and our only hope as mere customers (that have attempted to bring the issue to their customer service worker’s attention) is that Blizzard has the means and power to communicate with them so they can resolve it when their limited resources allow.

1 Like

The data request from the staff was made only a little over a day ago. They’re probably still in the information-gathering stage, like Drakuloth mentioned above.

Is the problem resolved yet because having no overwatch to play while having no work or school is extremely boring. Also as we players have not been able to play the archives event, we should either receive these rewards or be given another opportunity to complete the events otherwise it is unfair for others to have access to the event rewards and not us.

4 Likes

Telstra internet currently working with every service aside from Blizzard games. Blizzard slept on the problem so will now take longer to resolve. Some people did try to notify about the problem sooner, but they were banned for doing so, and now it’s going to take longer unfortunately. Best bet is to find access to a non-telstra network somehow. Ask your neighbours if all else fails haha.

2 Likes

Best believe if this was an issue that affected the main ISP in the US, it would have been addressed by now.

1 Like

We don’t have a main ISP here, but the situation would be the same. Blizzard doesn’t own any of the US-based ISPs either. Everyone getting more and more aggressive about the situation in these replies isn’t going to make your ISP fix it faster. When another Australian ISP works fine on the servers, but Telstra doesn’t, how can people keep blaming Blizz? :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think anyone is blaming Blizzard here, however I do think the most sensible option, given that Telstra is the primary ISP for the ENTIRE country, is to lock competitive play for Australia until the issue is resolved. Either that or add an in-game notice so users are aware there are known issues for Telstra users. Otherwise people are going to continue to receive penalties and season bans. Not everyone jumps on the forums to check why they might be getting frequent disconnects.

4 Likes

No one is being aggressive, we’re just frustrated. The only way this CAN be resolved is via Blizzard communicating with Telstra, because they probably aren’t even aware such a niche issue exists. We know it is not your fault, but the means of our issue being resolved is kinda reliant on you guys.

If we had an ETA or knew Telstra was made aware of the issue and currently trying to fix it, there’d be no issue with waiting. Being left in the dark (by Telstra) during this quarantine which should be the perfect opportunity to play OW sucks.

1 Like

People are not trying to be hostile. The combination of this issue happening with everything else that is happening (Including missing out on event rewards) is extremely frustrating. A simple response from Blizzard saying ‘hey guys, we have informed your ISP of the issue and they are working on it’ would relieve a lot of angst.

1 Like

The first half of this thread is definitely a pile on Blizz lol.

Absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, they don’t lock Comp that often, only when a bug is causing an issue inside the game.

I don’t know about that, they may have no involvement with the resolution, as was the situation a few times with US-based ISPs. I also dunno how much info has to be gathered before they reach out, plus it was the weekend, so probably nothing could be done during those days.

Yeah, I know :frowning: I’m sorry you all are experiencing this…

1 Like

Im also having this with my optus phone connection. Just aimed it was because it was a phone connection.

I am with telstra on PS4 in Melbourne Australia. After 3 days it has finally started working for me. Haven’t experienced issues since earlier today :smiley:

3 Likes