PS4/Telstra ISP - Australian Disconnection Issues (LC-202 / BC-101)

1. Consistently at all times of the day.
  2. They’ve become increasingly more frequent as the days have passed. I’m lucky to stay in for a couple of minutes before seeing a giant red disconnect symbol plastered across my screen and getting an LC-202 error.
  3. Telstra
  4. If connecting to internet via personal hotspot on my phone (Optus 4G), I’m able to play, albeit with minor connection and movement issues. I do not get kicked.

Hey again all,

We’re getting different answers for step 4 here, so I edited the instructions to make them more clear. For those who tried step 4 before but did not disconnect their phone from their wifi, can you re test for me using the updated instructions? We need you all to temporarily test on data to ensure we’re on a different network, since most players with this issue are going through specific ISPs. Please be advised that you don’t want to download anything on data - only play a quick match at most and see if the connection is more stable.

Once my phone was disconnected from Wifi, I was able to log into the game and play an entire game without disconnecting whilst connected to my phone hotspot. Phone is Optus 5G.

1. Happens at all times of day. Have tried morning, evening and late at night.
  2. Disconnections happening every minute or two (Lost connection to game server LC-202)
  3. ISP is Belong
  4. Tethered from my phone - 4G Telstra network. Same problem. Disconnected after 2 minutes. Same error message (LC-202)

Hope you find a fix ASAP! Social isolation without Overwatch ain’t too fun.

I tried tethering with optus 4G it worked and wasn’t disconnecting

A post was split to a new topic: Umami - Connectivity issues

1. Disconnections happen at any time of day
  2. Sometimes I can get in and play a couple games without it disconnecting, other times I can’t be in game for more than 2 minutes without being disconnected
  3. Telstra
  4. Don’t have a device I can tether from to check
1 Like
  1. Consistently throughout the day and night.
  2. Every 5 minutes, including being logged into the game and not playing.
  3. Telstra.
  4. Disconnected phone from local WiFi and connected to my 4G data tethering also on Telstra, also being disconnected.

Additional information… this started happening to me from 21st March 2020, 7 PM AEDT onwards. I was not having any issues the same day, that morning. There was a very brief message stating that a “patch” was applied when I started Overwatch and logged in at 7 PM.

Steps I’ve tried:

• Restarting my PS4 / turning off
  • Restarting my router
  • Changing to WiFi, Ethernet, mobile tethering (all on Telstra unfortunately)
  • Changing my PS4 LAN DNS to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
  • Disconnecting my battle.net account from my PS4
  • Reconnecting my battle.net account from my PS4
  • Deleting Overwatch all together and reinstalling
5 Likes

Tethered my Telstra 4g and got consistent disconnects

1 Like

It disconnects about 1 minute and 30 seconds in the game with LC-202
It happens on every match I play.
ISP is Belong
I’ve tried disconnecting, reconnecting everything from the modem to link account.
None of them seems to work

Hey Drakuloth,

1. The disconnections are constant, I’m lucky to even load into a game.
  2. Every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes as soon as you successfully sign in to the game the connection will drop.
  3. Belong, I think they might be apart of Telstra. Not too sure.
  4. I’ve attempted this multiple times and the problem persists.

I hope the answers help, thank you for acknowledging the problem. We hope to get a solution soon.

-Tyler

1.Consistently.Can’t even play a full match without it disconnecting.No issues prior to the recent update.
2.Always.Every couple of minutes.
3. Telstra
4. No tethering option

1. Consistently may be able to play 1 minute in a match
  2. Every 2 to 3 minutes
  3. Telstra
  4. No no phone tethering option
    It starting to get worst every day

Hey again folks,

Thanks for all the data so far, I’ve collected all of this and it seems that 100% of players with this specific issue are on Telstra Internet or a subsidiary company of Telstra. (Keep in mind that not all PS4 DCs with these error codes will be related to this issue, there is just a current problem in Australia that we are investigating.)

I’m updating the thread title to reflect this and forwarding this information along to other folks. Let’s continue posting these details in case our network people need it.

5 Likes

I’ve just played 3 games in a row… is it fixed?

Having this issue aswell on ps4. Only get to play a match for 2 mins then kicks me and logs me out everytime.Yes I’m with Telstra internet aswell.

get some more info.

1. Do these disconnections happen at a certain time of day, or consistently?
    It happens every time I log in, and also join a game. Which has resulted to a season ban because I’ve been kicked out every time I join competitive play

2. How frequently do they happen?
    All the time

3. What is your ISP?
    Telstra

4. If you have access to a mobile phone with a tethering option - can you connect your PS4 to your phone and see if the problem stops?
    Please ensure that you disconnect your phone from your local wifi when attempting this work around or it won’t provide the correct information.

1: Consistently whether day or night
2. All the time - Cannot play a game. Sometimes cannot get to main menu, otherwise can’t queue for games. Either BC-101 or LC-202 error
3. Telstra
4. No phone tethering

Definitely not, just tried logging in again and was kicked within seconds

• Do these disconnections happen at a certain time of day, or consistently?
    They dont stop, no matter what gamemode, no matter when. But they never happen on other games.
  • How frequently do they happen?
    Every 5 - 10 minutes, even on the title screen
  • What is your ISP?
    Tesltra