Private career profiles were a mistake

Haris1C-2931 has no insecurities confirmed

Nah, OW coming out with the ability to see someone else’s stats in game was the mistake.

1 Like

I’m defending myself?

You should read again, I merely pointed out his hypocrisy and the rest is about a quality of life change I doubt anyone would argue against.

1 Like

How about you ask the guy, then?

I don’t like private profiles as well, mainly because they make smurf detection basically impossible, but it’s not that big an issue. The upside of having them might be more important.

seeing your team profile does nothing but tell you whether of not they know the hero they pick, which if they don’t only put you into a negative mentality

and seeing the enemy team profile does nothing but give you insight on what they’re most likely to pick, allowing you to counter pick inside the spawn room, which is bad too

A speedo with a giant surfboard for a hammer

1 Like

Then private profiles work like intended. What you want to do is being toxic about your teammates hero choice before they even started playing.

3 Likes

No it’s not.

“You can’t have everything you want”

Correct. You can’t view my profile

Care to establish the truth of this claim? Or is this just a baseless assertion?

Nope. Not even close actually. You can be harassed AND block/report/ignore. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

You know this, right?

Typical.

Not wanting to be harassed isn’t “crying”. Your use of language and general attitude about it tells me that you are the exact type of player that a private profile is needed for.

I can block people AND make my profile private to prevent further harassment.

It honestly seems like you didn’t think before posting this

I don’t know if mines currently private or public because I change it depending on the community when I’m playing.

You and I fundamentally disagree, and that’s ok.

But if someone wants to use the private feature the game offers that’s their choice and not yours.

If you don’t like it get upset at blizzard instead of calling the community insecure.
You’re creating toxicity in the community over something that’s is their freedom of choice to do. This posts encourages toxic discussion because now people have to defend their right to use an in game option because you called them insecure. Stop being part of the problem

So direct your anger at blizzard and not your peers.

I find it very strange that you keep linking my post and Cuthbert’s together, when they contradict each other almost completely.

My post does not support the handicapping theory. Among other things, SR is not a factor in matchmaking, and all the handicapping theories I’ve seen rely on MMR and SR interacting in a broken way.

1 Like

Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean that everyone else will feel the same.

No. No, they were not. They were the single best feature ever added.

How about no? Why don’t you say what you really want - to see my rank. That’s all it is. You want to see my rank so you do the standard “diamond border and hardstuck in X”, or “shut up, you’re just in this rank”. You don’t want to see what I play, you just want to feel superior. Or if you do see what I play you’d do the “why is Mercy main play a Widow?”.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Again, you just want to call people out on their ranks. Before private profiles were added, my buddy who had a plat border would constantly be getting the “this high level and hardstuck in plat” comments. Now I’m a diamond border, I’m getting fake friend requests from some smurfs who want to see my rank.

Private profiles are absolute best. Stop pretending like anyone used open profiles for anything other than complain at others. Just yesterday had smurf Tracer in bounty hunter that went: “holy shin, private profiles on everyone, you gotta be silver”.

2 Likes

So they can complain that you’re not one-tricking your main or why are you playing DPS when you’re a support main.

Why? Your teammates are gonna be more toxic about your main/rank than the enemy team.

That literally doesn’t matter. If someone wants to be toxic towards me they’re going to be toxic towards me regardless of whether they see my profile or not.

What matters is that if I have my profile public my teammates can check out information about me that will help them to better play around me. However the downside to having a public profile is that my opponents also get that info so they can better play against me. That’s why I would like to get the benefits of my teammates seeing what I play and how I perform to better play around me, while not having the downside of sharing that same info to the opponents which is a plain disadvantage :slight_smile:

And how is Mercy main going Zen throwing? THIS is what I’m talking about - “You’re not on your main? Report for throwing”.

2 Likes

ALL of this. This is all people who call private profiles a “mistake” want - “This isn’t your main? Stop throwing”.

1 Like

NO! My profile was public and everytime ppl like you was pushing me to play other hero becouze got more time on them and if I refuse to switch then suddly Im the toxic one and throwing.

That’s my career, not yours, I wanna play hero that I choose, if you don’t like it then quit the game.

1 Like

The truth is that it isn’t about insecurity. It is about others insecurity. They feel so insecure about their own performance that they look for anyone to blame but themselves.

Career profiles going private in hindsight was a good idea (I hated it at the time) as it eliminates a way to target specific people.

There is zero reason you need to see my profile. Want to know what I can play? Ask.

That would defeat the purpose of private profiles as it would be way to easy to know who is “hiding” something. The purpose of default private is so those who specifically want it as such can be a tree in a forest. Not a tree in an open field.

Basically you want to prejudge someone so you have your blame hammer ready.

Multiple accounts. Not to mention there is always a first time in ranked. No one should be doomed to play only one hero.

3 Likes

Uh how about no? Why would I want you to look at what heroes I play? You would find out as soon as the match starts lol. Why don’t you focus on yourself instead of worrying about what other people are playing? Private profiles stops a ton of bullying and if blizzard removed borders, toxic players would have no way to rank shame anyone. Ive been playing this game for years, Ive made it all the way to top 500 and players would always rely on my stats to determine how they would play the game. They expected carries and whenever we would lose, they would say I didn’t belong in the rank or the top 500. People are toxic and most of you don’t know how to control yourselves when speaking to strangers. The more private stuff we can have on this game, the better. Its not being insecure, its being exhausted from being constantly shamed for personal stats or ranks.

2 Likes