Private career profiles were a mistake

Make it public in competitive, it’s dumb that they made private profiles because of “toxicity”. Don’t punish the entire community because there are some bad apples who are toxic about profiles, punish those bad people not everyone at the same time.

How does private profiles punish you at all?

5 Likes

they’re set to private by default because people use stats as ammo to dismiss other people’s opinions on the game

1 Like

People flaming me in chat doesnt hurt my ferling it is just annoying when the team and i are trying to communicate, the second someone starts to complain about my hero pick compared to my profile i mute them, i will switch if my pick is not working but i cant know that till the match starts

Sorry, its not my fault. i prefer staying private rather than getting harrased to death because i play brig

1 Like

so you’re saying I should play DVa and Hog in comp instead of shield tanks?

nice

1 Like

It limits working with teams, it doesn’t let you see what your team plays, and what the other team is playing. If one team has all private profiles, and another one has all unprivate, then the private team has an advantage since they can see what the other team plays.

What you said is so true.
There was this time, when I would constantly get teamed up with this Widow in diamond, match after match, for multiple days in the week.

The dude couldn’t kill anything until after the rest of the team get picked off, despite having over 200 hours on Widow.

1 Like

people used to kick other people because they played a certain heroes,so private profiles are actually a good feature

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. Because regardless of what their profile says you are still going to have to work with what they pick. Which you will know immediately.

As for the other team, has it ever occurred to you that there is a reason their hero choice is greyed out for the start of the game? That in fact private profiles help reinforce that reason?

As for your scenario… what advantage? If they play the same hero regardless what does it change? Perhaps a few seconds at most as AFTER they see the player everyone knows what they are playing.

It does not punish anyone at all.

1 Like

Thanks for showing us that private profiles weren’t a mistake in all regards.

3 Likes

Have you tried asking?

1 Like

Incorrect, I really could care less about someones stats, especially with the large amount of smurfs/boosters in the game. But thanks for highlighting your insecurity and proving my point. Keep that profile hidden and your pearls clutched.

So basically you want to bully people into not beeing able to ever play another hero thats not their best?

1 Like

You saying “incorrect” does not make you correct. In fact, in only illustrates your own arrogance for us all to read

You said you could care less about someone’s stats, so either you care or you don’t know how to express your own position correctly

I didn’t highlight any insecurity. There is no insecurity in wanting to play the game and not have people yell about stats. Are you just projecting at this point? How sad

I pity people like you

A one trick is telling people what characters they are allowed to play?

You’re silly.

I’m sorry but you can’t. I think the ones who are insecure are the ones who have such a serious issue with private profiles. Don’t worry about it. Mind your own business. Don’t project your insecurities onto others. Be better. Etc. etc. etc. etc.

I keep my profile private specifically to trigger people like this.

2 Likes

(insert cinemasins laugh)

Oh dear, the gross incompetence is just so pathetic, its almost endearing. Stating something is incorrect in regards to my person doesn’t make me arrogant, its a fact. Your inability to even formulate an argument based on the response is really telling, but keep on with your blissful ignorance.

You are literally incorrect by definition. It’s actually genuinely sad that you think you aren’t. Your unwarranted arrogance only makes your post even more embarrassing

I love how you just act arrogant while doing literally nothing to defend your position from my extremely reasonable and correct contentions.

Your inability to read is extremely telling, and also sad, and you end by projecting again!

Do you expect people to take you seriously?