Private career profiles were a mistake

People learn from doing, they’ll never be able to learn to play zen if they don’t play him.

They allowed making career profiles private to avoid people like you who use it to make the experience toxic for other players. The reality is that people checking profiles leads to false reports of one-tricking, smurfing, throwing, and cheating. It’s availability accomplishes nothing except for creating toxicity in try-hards that are willing to go out of their way to blame individuals for their team’s loss. And try-hards getting upset over nothing is easily the biggest problem in the game right now so minimizing their toxicity is a step in the right direction for Overwatch.

Their right to have fun is more important than your right to win. If winning is the only way you can have fun in this game then that is your problem, not theirs. If they are genuinely throwing the game then you can tell without having to check their profile page. If you need to check their profile page then it isn’t obvious enough to make a claim of throwing.

1 Like

You can ask

Pff! I don’t care about your hero…

I just want to see if you’re a HR among a sea of Golds…

“I want to make sure you’re playing the heroes I personally verify via arbitrary non-contextual metrics or I will be calling you a thrower before the game even starts”.

Yep… Private profiles stay.

12 Likes

Op getting drug pretty hard… Kinda amusing, Was gonna add to it, but you guys got this one locked down pretty well! :rofl:

Rather be accused of being insecure than have a public profile. :v:

3 Likes

Last time I’ve checked, you dont have the right to know other people’s business and their history :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but if you need to micro manage your team’s choices by demanding that info it would seem you’re the insecure one.

Private profiles were a decent idea, the only mistake was allowing people to still click “see profile” instead of graying out the option when it is turned to private.

It’s honestly insane that they haven’t figured out what a huge improvement such a small QOL change would be after all this time.

1 Like

I see you like to look at peoples profiles and harass them based on what heroes they play.

Oh look I was right! You should be banned from the game for reporting people based on hero picks.

7 Likes

Are we absolutely sure about this?
What would it even look like!?
Like a Borat swimsuit?
…maybe?

And you’re not entitled to that knowledge.

1 Like

Having “hours” on a hero is not a meter of proficiency.

2 Likes

Indeed

A pro Mercy player could make a new account with no hours on Mercy, yet remain 1000% (or more) better than me with my many many hours of time on Mercy

One example of many

1 Like

You know what i always say to people when they ask for my profile?

I always tell them to buy my account. Then they can legally look at all the information they want.

It’s not a good sell but that’s partly because my sales skills are nowhere near 100% good. Im more in the ballpark of 35% good salesman (i havent worked in sales in like…years)

To make it enticing tho, i even give them my real password with the last TWO letters remaining blank. But no one ever goes for it. Sigh.

Get’s them off my back quicktimes.

Personally, I don’t give a flip if people can see my profile. I’m terrible anyway. LOL

Game on.

It’s annoying to get flamed by people who accuse you of being a OTP when it’s known that most people have multiple accounts. I play nearly every character in this game A LOT. I’ve had 5 years to do that.

This is what’s gonna happen in any game this team dependent and this overly competetive, randies will demand to see your resume lol
God, this game…

sounds like you’re just pissed and looking for another reason to be toxic

1 Like

You’re literally a 1 trick Lucio and you wanna give other people with private profiles crap? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes