Post-paid phone requirement

When opening the game now, it asks for a phone number to play the game for free. When I try adding a phone, it only allows post-paid phone numbers. This should really be changed to allow both pre-paid and post-paid or the a huge chunk of the player base is going down.

12 Likes

You’ll want to post in #general-discussion as devs who make that decision are not monitoring the troubleshooting area.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Hope they hear folks like us and change this soon.

They aren’t monitoring that area either lmao

6 Likes

They have staff that collects feedback in the forum. The absence of blue posts doesn’t mean anything.

2 Likes

If that staff is functioning, there should be an overall notice.

2 Likes

It’s there, pinned at the top of the forum:

Welcome to the General Discussion forum! We encourage you to use this forum to provide feedback and/or discuss your experiences while playing the Overwatch. PLEASE NOTE: Users who troll, harass, or try to incite nonconstructive discourse will be suspended.

Our Community forums are a place for users to express their constructive feedback and ideas with fellow posters and the Overwatch developers.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/welcome-to-general-discussion-please-read/118

1 Like

I am unable to even add my postpaid number, so make of that what you will

2 Likes

Which carrier do you have a postpaid plan with?

if you went from a pre paid number to a post paid, it will not accept the number.

1 Like

Yeah honestly this is just as big of an issue as having a pre-paid carrier in general I think, and come launch day we’re going to see tens of thousands of players locked out.

Im guessing the only reason for this policy at all is because of VOIP phone numbers that you can make infinitely, and they can’t differentiate. This policy is blocking a lot of people form the game who are legitimate users.

2 Likes

Comviq (Tele2) Sweden. It used to be prepaid, but I am not going to change my mobile number just because you guys don’t support it. I’ll just have to not play the game at all even though I paid for Overwatch 1.

2 Likes

Since when devs make decisions ? Isnt it more like franchise owners ? :smiley: Yeah I think thats the word and I dont think they care about general discussion either. :smiley:

This company is worse than old CCCP I can tell you that one, just lies, lies and lies to satysfy their egos.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. :smiley: Just find a game which is actually free to play maybe ? And dont buy from thieves Activision/Blizzard anymore ? :slight_smile: Thats what I wouyld do. :smiley:

1 Like

No one really cares. I have a ticket open for this since two days with no response. I have even shared my mobile service invoice.
Tickets: EU83983543, EU83914796

1 Like

So they’re getting feedback, but Blizzard is ignoring it.
It was clear to me that this is a company that does not care about its users.

3 Likes

They probably gonna want your real life ID, I wouldnt be sending it to them because it is very dangerous. You dont wanna your ID to pop up on darkweb and ruin your whole life… Its super easy to steal personal information and sell it nowadays.

Just get over it, unninstall Blizzard scam app and forget about their trash games. There is plenty better games than Activision/Blizzard can offer.

2 Likes

If a number was ever flagged as prepaid and you converted it to a post paid plan Blizzard won’t let you use it because it was once prepaid. Sometimes phone providers give you a number that was once prepaid and thus won’t let you use it on Blizzards account system.

4 Likes

Well, that is a pretty bullsh*t policy if I’m being honest. Who CHANGES their number when switching to post-paid? We all have prepaid numbers in college and just convert those when we get jobs or whatever, don’t we?

1 Like

the problem is the phone number is now the security primarcy , they couuld of done 2fa authentication any number of ways (heck i still have a blizz authenticator) but i suspect they arent willing to open this up to pre paids because every time you change number your going to need to go through support and they dont want to hire the staff back that they just fired to get bobby a bigger bonus.