Post-paid phone requirement

This is unreal, both me and my son have played regularly since release of overwatch 1 and both use pre paid phones so we just dont get to play overwatch 2?

3 Likes

Yea its pretty bad but the only thing you can do is complain on the forums. Blizzard did this same thing in WoW required a phone number post paid and an authentator to make groups in WoW there was some outrage over this at first but that didn’t get them to change their policy.

1 Like

I am a fellow player, not a staff member.

Yeah, I am surprised the requirements are not the same for Overwatch, but that decision likely falls to the specific developers and legal team for this title.

“You” was meant for Blizzard and not you.

Also, if my Credit Card not enough for Blizzard?

Still no response on my support tickets

1 Like

That seems normally considering the backlog of requests created by Wrath of the Lich King. Keep in mind that the support staff didn’t make the decision to layer launches on top of each other, so I believe they are doing as best they can.

This. I had a pre-paid tracfone in like 2010 that I had to bike to the gas station to buy minute cards for. I switched numbers a couple of times when upgrading carriers, and settled on Cricket 5 years ago. But my number is still that 2010 “”“burner”"" phone number as some people would derisively call it.

Even if I went out and got a post-paid phone contract today, it would need it’s own brand new number because I have 12 years of contacts and dozens of websites logged in with my old one.

1 Like

yep!!!

1 Like

There was a region lock mega thread when they added region lock to PC version the game last June and that didn’t phase them either, they posted a few times, then eventually blanked the thread

I think it’ll be the same maybe, CC made some videos on it too like theey have with the phone number, and that didn’t get them to change it either.

Hope this time they listen to the minority on something though.

2 days no response whatsoever. I understand the backlog but this is Blizzard’s problem to solve.

Ticket wait times are currently around the week mark it seems, judging by other posts. Thousands of people submitting country changes, needing phone numbers removed, needing to provide proof of identity… all at once. It causes a backlog.

Yeah, I’m fully expecting to never be able to play Overwatch 2. It’s total horsecrap.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.