Poor dVA. Save her

And feeding her mech?

Sure thing.

Common misconception but DM is actually used to keep herself alive and not just to eat every ult in existence.

So what should she tank with her face?

6 Likes

Iā€™m using walls about 80% times more as tanking method than my defence matrix because itā€™s in such a sad state that if I poke my head in, Iā€™ll just get melted.

Forget diving widows, widows will soon be diving me aggressively with their hookshot to get those juicy headshots in. They donā€™t even bother to hookshot away anymore, they just shoot me till Iā€™m demeched because they know they can stand their ground easily.

As someone who also plays symmā€¦ honestly, her ulti is a far better tanking tool than current dva is. That photon barrier actually tanks things and blocks damage.

7 Likes

Literally this,

Either you use most of your DM on the dive or lose 300hp on the way due to your planet size critbox.

Iā€™ve set my sensitivity crazy high and adapted to it so i can fly erratically or flick away my critbox so i can ideally start the fight in my favor.

armor nerf hurt alot more then just dva that was felt by every tank not named roadhog which is why he gained some popularity.

its all pretty much about about baiting abilities out and using dm on a good timing to counter them.

Also if your point blank then range penalty shouldnā€™t be an issue then, and you have boosters to close that range rapidly. Sheā€™s always been a mobile in your face hero now she just needs to adjust to protect her team. If someone spot the flanking mccree and calls it out she should be next the healers ready to engage and the same healer should be ready to give her support. 10 meters still covers alot of ground, especially in maps with confined spaces such as kings row or numabi with alleyways and highground dps try to take advantage of. In more open maps yeah sheā€™s gotten a bit worst but not game breakingly so.

I still get my butt kicked dva and kick butt with her itā€™s all positioning and timing, and a team game so 1 vs 1 ones shouldnt be the focus anyways but dva can definitely hold her own especially with a healer on her.

I think she in a good spot to wear iā€™d still play if the conditions/map were right, I just need to stay a little more closer to whoever iā€™m trying to protect, and boosters more then pick of for the lack of DM range. You might not catch every snowball or grav but itā€™s not like itā€™s impossible.

Iā€™m better at diving widows as symmetra and as mercy. Because they donā€™t have planet sized critboxes and predictable, easy to see flight path and can do very decent damage up close and ridiculously enough, more burst damage too. Widows donā€™t know what hit them when I turret bomb them as symm and orb them sideways and valkyrie mercy headshot them in a second.

Dva though? Youā€™re super duper lucky if youā€™re not getting crit during flight and when you get there and lower matrix to actually start fusion cannoning, you bet the widow is gonna crit you since you have to attack her and then proceeds to rifle your megacritbox down in few seconds while she dodges your missiles.

Or better, just yeets away because dvaā€™s burst is so pitiful it loses to mercy and symm. On these two, widow doesnā€™t even have time to react, much less turn to me or press hookshot.

7 Likes

Agreed,

Itā€™s a huge shift in comparison to D.Va from a year ago who basically could hunt down Widows for fun and was her job essentially.

No Winston/Heals needed.

Opposite situation now itā€™s just strange to think about in comparison.

And poor Winston trying to do that job alone my heart goes out to him these days.

Winston has fun wrangling with reaper waiting for him where widow hookshots to. :ā€™)

Or even new McMachineGun or the ever staple pick Spamzo. As mercy heals them back up because you canā€™t go without a mercy pocket if youā€™re a sniper.

Never lucky Monkey :broken_heart:

The creep recently since the armour changes have actually been absurd all things considered.

Makes me sad :sweat:

I donā€™t know what people are talking about. Dva is a GREAT main tank. The has aggroed the forums pretty darn well all on her own.

They still say she ā€œeats ultimates endlesslyā€, except even at DMs best up time, Dva still blocked the least damage of any shield tank.

Thatā€™s right, Winston eked ahead with his bubble even when his pick rate was lower than Dvaā€™s.

But players complain about her ability to eat ā€œinfinite damageā€ has persisted.

Anyone remember the horror of S1 Dva? My sense is that sheā€™ll return to those days. Where only the absolute best will get good usage out of her and everyone still complain when she shows up. I remember their days where Korean players were marveled at for how well they played Dva but the forums considered her a throw pick.

Iā€™m decently adequate at playing tanks but I die quicker on dva than anyone else. I just canā€™t seem to get anything accomplished before I get demeched extremely fast. She feels straight up bad to play to me

Someone didnā€™t read the rest of the postā€¦

Oh my bad, Iā€™m actually fairly tired lol.

But yea agreed, people definitely continue to overexaggerate dvaā€™s capabilities. Even some streamers still suggested nerfs to dva.

Only in low ranks like plat is she bad. She is fine.

Gold and Plat where Dva is performing her best, which is not much, barely hanging by a thread. :ā€™)

Sheā€™s doing absolutely dreadful in above ranks. You can check those yourself.

1.66% pickrate in diamond | 49.38% winrate
1.65% pickrate in Master | 45.83% winrate
2.5% pickrate in GM | 47.14% winrate

And sheā€™s trending down more and more as the months go by.

Sheā€™s not fine and hasnā€™t been ever fine after the multiple nerfbats. You can keep telling yourself this about hundred times every single time you post something, but it doesnā€™t make it true.

6 Likes

GM has a 52% winrate. Iā€™d say sheā€™s fine. (Which is actually her best performing rank. Her worst performance is in bronze (big surprise)with a 46% winrate, so yeah, she is fine)

Bronze winrate is actually 37%. :ā€™)

Sorry my bad, itā€™s 46.98, so closer to 47%.

No.

She is overtuned and people are tired of seeing her on every single meta since season 2.

Finally seeing Orisa/Hog/Winston (Wihout D.va) not a throw pick anymore is good for the game.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s being moved in line with zarya and hog

So her survivability ne Dā€™s to be looked at. Not blocking.

Do you know how to even use overbuff mate?

One cannot argue anymore that Dva isnā€™t absolutely tanking it.

I wish she could tank as well as sheā€™s tanking her stats lol. Poor bronzies tried to use Dva on new season placement and got a rude wakeup call.

Donā€™t worry though, I will post the same numbers here next week too, they arenā€™t gonna stabilize above 50% winrates.

8 Likes