Plum Fairy Mercy's wings are yellow. Why?

i mean, it looks awful if it doesn’t tie into the rest of the outfit WHICH HAS NO YELLOW IN IT WHATSOEVER. you don’t have to be an art student to know that the wings look bad

2 Likes

Looks good to me. I dont really see how these colors clash at all. The yellow makes the wings stand out. Which is what they are supposed to do. I dont see how subduing them would make it better.

1 Like

The thing is that none of these things change color no matter what skin. Mercy’s wings change color in many of her skins. Hack is always purple, Zarya beam is always that pinkish color, and I think they wanted Reaper’s human lines to remain unique to the event (which I disagree with. I was also disappointed when it wasn’t skin specific).

In this case, it just makes more sense to change Mercy’s wing color to something that is more suitable to the color scheme as they always do. But I’m definitely not disappointed. I love how it looks like it is inspired by Night Elf models from WoW (my favorite race).

fine have your stupid color change so i won’t enjoy the skin then and won’t use it, better the appease those who whine than those that do like it.

because honestly it’s going to look too boring for me, no contrast, no interest.

yeah the skin itself looks good.

Until the trash-wings pop out

imo more people seem to hate it than like it soooo…

also geez dude who hurt you

2 Likes

What the heck guys.

Please keep the discussion positive, everyone has their own thoughts that should be respected. We’re all just sharing opinions and feedback.

Activision is cutting Blizzards fundings so expect lazier skins

those who like it don’t whine on a forum because they don’t feel like the change is necessary obviously,
who hurt me? well i feel kind of not listened to because i only use amber mercy skin because i really don’t like any of the others. and i want a new one that i can change to that isn’t that.

but if they change the wing color to like blue or green or purple i’m not gonna use it because it doesn’t click with me.

so when you’re saying who hurt me, it’s literally anyone who wants to change the wing color from not yellow because i really like it.

1 Like

As Sylvando would say,

Honey you have no taste

2 Likes

if you’re offended by other people’s thought on the wings, then that’s nobody’s fault but yours. im not saying you’re wrong or that you shouldn’t have an opinion or anything like that, but you’re being very very rude to people with how you display that opinion. most people don’t like the wings and have asked blizzard to change them. get over it

1 Like

i’m just stating the case for me, if they change it i’m not using it, it’s that simple.
i’ve said exactly why i like it and why i think they shouldn’t change it.

but because people are complaining about the only legendary skin of hers i want to use i won’t get the yellow wings that makes interesting enough for me to use it.
and i can say the same thing “the wings are yellow, get over it”
but since i know blizzard will most likely change the color because of their track record of doing that i know i’ll never get yellow wings.

the only change i want to the wings if they would oblige me is to make the wings more “fairy like” in shape.

1 Like

Because theyre an ability, and ability colours dont get changed. Her wings get bigger during valk, and the yellow comes out when she glides, aka, an ability.

2 Likes

Sure Jan.
Meanwhile they change in literally every legendary skin but Winged Victory and Zhuque. 2 of her epics also change the wing color.

1 Like

Some other skins that do this are her Pink skin, Combat Medic, and Valkyrie legendaries too. I was talking about the wings, not the ability colors.

2 Likes

That’s how I feel! The more I looked at it the more the contrast appealed to me and the more the idea of a color that matches seems like it’d blend in too much. I’d love it no matter the color though. Absolutely stunning. :heart:

1 Like

Would be nice if Blizz changed the wing colour as so many people in the community are asking for it. Either way the skin is a good alternative to the Pink Mercy skin for those of us who weren’t able to purchase it, for instance I bought it on console and recently switched to PC so now I don’t have the Pink Mercy anymore!

3 Likes

I also agree with the color yellow being too much of an eyesore. I suggest making the wings a blue or purple, I know that will blend too much so applying some particle effects in/around the wings would define it much more.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with some contrast. They could change it but not to some colour that’s already present on the skin, because then it will just be too flat and also conflict with her regular ability colours (yellow beams, res and pistol shots).

1 Like