Please Respond to #reworkmercy

Thing is, people who need to complain about something will make posts about it, while others who think something is fine won’t bother as much to go on forums and say “Oh btw I love playing Mercy and I think she is fun now”. Some, like me, will do it from time to time, but usually we are busy playing the game and don’t want to spend hours on posts about something which is in a state we currently enjoy.
I have over 1000 hours on Mercy, still playing her, and like her better than the “old” Mercy. Yet this is just an opinion, and while I wouldn’t mind a little buff to her kit if Blizzard has one planed, I can say at least that I don’t want a rework. And since I enjoy playing her right now, like other Mercy players, I am not too inclined on spending hours writing posts on Mercy trends.
There are so many various opinions and it got so messy that I have no idea how Blizzard will sort it out. At least most people seem to agree that she is pretty balanced, though the “fun” element being subjective, balancing that out won’t be too easy I suppose.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha YES!!! So true. They are always happy until dps whine they can’t effectively target the mercy so naturally she needs to get nerfed lol.
I am not asking to be op. I’m asking to open dialogue.

I always figured you could change the visuals of mercys beam. The beam actually should shoot scrolling texts of the word “fun” to heal people. Then make mercy as heavy as winston so there is a tremor effect when she lands. Mercy would then be fun and impactful. Problem solved. I’m ready for my new job as a blizzard developer.

2 Likes

picks up mic
Her mechanics are directly at odds with that. There is a swap time between her gun and her healing staff and her main function is a healer. No other character has their primary fire locked behind a weapon swap, but she does.
We have to assume that is a specific design choice, so what kind of design choice is that? Mercy has a gun specifically for the players not to use, which reinforces the idea of her being a pacifist.
You want to talk about someone “not to heal but TO FIGHT?” well, choose literally any other healer and you have a better example of that.

1 Like

While I respect your opinion I will state that the cry for mercy to be addressed is much heavier because most Mercy players don’t like where she is. Again most. Not all. And that’s fine. The point of this discussion was to bring awareness and dialogue between community and devs.
Do you have any opinions on how to make her more impactfulwithout overpowering her?

You guys had multiple response!

Just read this thread if you want to know what they said during the interviews on Blizzcon. (I don’t have the time to look up the stream and clip the right moment.)
(Updated) Jeff and Geoff finally responded to Mercy feedback

2 Likes

Perhaps try Bethesda first.

Nope I think we should make mercy as big as wrecking ball and have her shoot fun beams.

2 Likes

No, no no no…

Fun chain beams.

What if we just remove mercy and replace her with king k rool. Probably a better choice tbh

1 Like

Exactly my point though. She HAS to waste time switching weapons. While Moira and lucio don’t. She should be outhealing them but is unable to because of the massive nerfs. And thank you for admitting she IS a pacifist as that’s a main point why her ult should be boosting her healing/Rez capabilities and NOT her pistol.

On that note I must go all. It’s late and I have a life to live tomorrow so I must go.

I’ll probably be on tomorrow to see what f*ckery I missed lol. But I love you all. Even those with differing opinions. I tried to express mine concise and clearly in hopes that we can humanely talk to one another. It’s kind of worked. Thank you for all who participated. Goodnight!

1 Like

I’ve been saying this a lot. Mercy should be deleted and Pharah should get a new ultimate called “Mercy”. She presses Q, yells “Mercy do something” and a Mercy bot shows up to pocket her.

Perfect.

2 Likes

We have fixed the problem. We can close this thread now.

1 Like

What part of that addresses her issues?

Like I said, a lot of talk about balance, which is missing the point.

“Ashe’s addition to the game may restore Mercy’s glory and it might show how strong Mercy really is.”

Now that’s pissing on players without the courtesy of calling it rain.

1 Like

Don’t let yourself get disheartened by all the neagitve comments here.

The OP even said, he wanted to keep it civil and just wanted to discuss ideas regarding Mercy, and in the first five answers, there are already insults, like calling OP a “kid”, who allegedly is “pathetic” for expressing his opinion.
You have created a well thoughtout post with many right remarks and even more good suggestions for improvement.

The amount of arrogance and stupidity in many of these negative comments is astounding.

Claims like: “If they would rework Mercy now, it just shows that if enough people complain, Blizz will rework any hero”
Yeah no sh$$t Sherlock, what do you think happened before the Mercy-Rework disaster?
Mr. Seagull lead the pitchfork movement against Mercy and her ult. And the consequences of this movement continue to damage this game to this day.
I take special amusement in the fact, from all people, its the Seabird that is now complaining, that there is no counter to ultspam ^^

Whatever.
Your post is intelligently written and was a pleasure to read.
Keep it up and dont get frustrated by the fact, that intelligent and polite people are rare to find these days.

2 Likes

So they think Mercy is strong and can play her role as support hero better with the addition of Ashe (just like how she has a great synergy with Pharah)? :thinking:

What about this:

They confirmed that she will not get a rework (or a revert in another post).
They want to see how Mercy performs with the latest buffs before deciding if she needs buffs.

Please do tell me.
Is Mercy unbalanced, unviable and broken?

• Her average healing is on par with other main healers.
  • Her pickrate is higher in lower ranks than in higher ranks. This can (partly) be blamed on the fact that she isn’t meta. But she still has a decent pickrate in high ranks.
  • Her winrate is above 50% in play and higher (just like most heroes).
  • Her kit doesn’t seem broken nor is she affected by bugs like many other heroes.

Does Mercy need changes?
I would say no. I think she is balanced in her current state.

Is (un)fun a valid reason to change an already balanced hero?
Again, I would say no. Fun is subjective.

3 Likes

It is the answer though, Mercy is not getting a rework.

The reason the rest is ignored is because you already have the answer.
You can keep asking the same question after you’ve been given the answer, that doesn’t change the fact that the question has been answered

5 Likes

you know they can’t reply to everything and everyone, right?
Demanding that they make a post addressing every single complaint ever is absurd and reeks of entitlement.
What more do you need?
“We thought mass rez was unhealthy for the game, because it was holding mercy back and incentivized hide’n’rez”.
The devs said hide’n’rez was a thing. Because it was.
It wasn’t the sole thing you’d do, but let’s not kid ourselves that it wasn’t a legit tactic. The devs have far more data than we will ever get, no matter what a select few users say.

Also, despite how noisy these complaints are, remember they are exclusive to a specific subset of fans of a specific hero. Overwatch has 40 millions accounts. Even if half of those are smurfs, the amount of mercy mains truly unhappy with her current state is still a minority.
You need to start accepting that mercy shouldn’t take all the attentions of the devs, she’s been tweaked pretty much every single patch, everytime.
Stop saying she’s ignored just because they don’t do those very specific things you ask for.

Can you also stop blaming seagull for literally everything you don’t like about the game?

2 Likes

outheal lucio? heh it will be prety hard this guy has a constant passive chain healing
yea it is low but man dont cross him in total mayhem it makes the team hard to kill

Pocketing another hero doesn’t change Mercy at all.

It’s the same as above, so I’ll give the same answer:

I followed Blizzcon quite closely. It was frankly as embarrassing as the Diablo mobile stuff albeit on a much smaller scale.

They talked a lot about Mercy’s balance and how “Ashe is almost like a buff to Mercy”. Meanwhile the feedback on Valkyrie is mostly unrelated with balance, I have yet to see someone who likes to play this game as Pharah’s Bob.

And by the way, they have been “happy with Mercy’s state” for 15 changes.

1 Like