Please nerf Sombra. I can't take it anymore

When? How often?

They still have their weapon, they STILL contribute pretty well.

Do you know who doesn’t contribute to a fight? Someone burst down.

It is uncommon for a Doom to do that, well for it to go the way you think it will.

Let me tell you how the fight goes.

The doom SEES there is a Sombra, because… if you are cloaked, then he jumps in, and kills someone and is gone BEFORE you can hack.

So, 1 he can see her.
2 he then pick a target, and jumps in, going to do a slam / shot / uppercut / leave right?

With me so far?

If you look at how fast he moves, and the range of hack, and the time hack takes…

You will learn a thing. Which is why he can do this WITHOUT being hacked.

Because he can cover the distance, and slam SOMBRA before hack CAN happen.

AND… It is the main fight, and she has already lost.

Doom has the advantage, if Sombra is the target.

BUT… say she doesn’t get slammed.

If he is bubbled, he wins.
If she takes ANY damage, he wins.
If she is stunned he wins.

If She DOES manage to get the hack of… then NOW he is in the middle of your team.

Happy days.

You STILL have to burn through his health, as in, a part of your teams damage will have to go towards that.

What is your prize? HER being able to do her damage, since she isn’t hacking a second target.

Guess what? it is ALSO garbage.

The hilarious part is that people whine about Sombra/Sym/Mei/Moira ‘‘not belonging’’ in a ‘‘fps game’’ but you dont see complains about Genji or Tracer despite being literally just as much if not even more unorthodox by fps standards.

2 Likes

That’s a dumb question and you know it. You know there aren’t specific stats on that, I’m using my own experience.

No they don’t.
By your logic, if Sombra is hacked herself, she can still contribute pretty well because she can shoot them.
The thing with Sombra, though, is that she has a better gun than Lucio.

Or here’s this

Sombra is cloaked and sees Doomfist about to dive her team. She goes best her team or at least in range of the Doom, and as soon as the Doom punches to move in, she decloaks and hacks him before he can kill someone and escape.

No but we can go though that.

Remember all of our talks about how she HAS to engage outside the main fight?

She isn’t killing a damn thing there.

AND he has killed and left.

Decloak is too slow. Try again.

IT TAKES TIME. He slams before hack can even happen IF she is decloaked to begin with.

You can’t save someone if you are cloaked.

She HAS to been decloaked, and have picked the right target.

What?

He doesn’t do that in time. I’ve tried it myself, he gets hacked at around the time he upercuts

Against ones which haven’t had to decloak.

Ok, lets go though it, lets maths the hell out of it.

Lets take different situations, and give them changes of happening, and the outcomes.

I was cloaked. This is a scenario pulled directly from several games that I’ve played Sombra in as well as games I’ve played as Doomfist

Ok, lets do this by the numbers.

Before the main fight, she is out there and tries to get ult. lets do this, because it happens all the time.

And in the main fight, lets take the Doomfist situation, BECAUSE, it is interesting what happens EVEN if she wins (the team has to get through his health, and she is left there with a bad gun trying to make up for the “value” of even dropping the doom)

Ok, lets start with out of combat fight.
Hanzo, S76, Tracer, etc will kill her. Hacking a DPS is right out, fighting them without a hack is ALSO right out.

Why is she “out there” when a team fight is about to start?

BEFORE… like the ENTIRE time before.

You argue that pre-fight was the wrong term, don’t even try with this.

So, who is she going to jump? It can’t be anyone in LOS of Hanzo, etc, because she will die. So maybe it is over before it starts.

What time before? It’s pretty clear that a Doomfist will typically try to dive your team when his team is about to engage.

Look, we are going to go though ALL of the situations with Sombra, not JUST your “I made up the best one I can think of because she is garbage outside of a VERY smaller set of situation ones”

So, the enemy team has left spawn and going towards the point, and she needs power.

You think she is strong here, so, lets see what the expected risk vs reward is.

We will then take senarios in the main fight, and they will not go as well as you think they will.

It a very common scenario. Sombra usually plays with her team these days because then she is even less likely to get interrupted when hacking and because of Dive.

Ok, so your COMMON scenario is, Doom is jumping in WITHOUT a bubble, NOT at sombra, and but amazingly at someone Sombra is near, and she is ready to hack, and she isn’t going to take even a single point of damage though all of it?

THAT common Scenario?

That is the one? Where they are running dive, and are diving alone, without bubble? Where Sombra is in exactly the right place, and doesn’t have anyone shoot at her.

You do realize Doomfist isn’t doing that well right now, right?

THIS IS YOUR SENARIO IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT PICK ANOTHER.

You picked it, because you thought it would show her being strong.

Pick another one.

You’re the one getting upset over the scenario, not me :man_shrugging:

Ok, he jumped in and is bubbled, GG sombra.

He jumped in and Sombra took a single point of damage, because he wasn’t dumb and jumped in alone.

He jumped in and Sombra took a single point of damage, because he wasn’t dumb and jumped in and someone with range shot her.

He jumped in and Sombra wasn’t near his target?

Lets give them probibilities.

Her team then bursts the bubble and Sombra hacks him. GG. Or the person he dives gets bubbled and nothing happens, or both.

More unlikely, lets give that probs as well.

Bubble + doom is VERY common, It isn’t always before he jumps, and it doesn’t matter if it is broken in that case, hack is gone already.

Bubble being broken isn’t very common, and it REALLY isn’t common to happen in the first fraction of a second, and if it lasts longer than a fraction of a second, then Hack fails as well.

And this is the case where she is literally going against one of the 2 heroes she counters the most.