Please nerf Sombra. I can't take it anymore

Blizzard please, PLEASE remove hack from the game. I’m begging you, PLEASE. It’s so frustrating to the point where i almost want to cry because i can’t play the heroes i want. Please remove hack and perma stealth, it’s so insanely frustrating i’m honestly considering quitting the game completely, i can’t take it anymore.

At this point I’m not having fun in the game at all, i can’t play the hero i enjoy for more than a few min each round before enemy dps switches to Sombra. Blizzard please nerf her. I would rather have Widow 1 shot me from halfway across the map, have Hog triple combo 1 shot me, get flash + right clicked by McCree than to be completely disabled mid fight from a single right click and just die, it’s the most frustrating thing in the entire game.

Since you’re refusing to buff Doom, at least do something about his counters. This game is unfair and so catered around hit-scan it’s honestly sickening.

22 Likes

Lol what!? Sombra is so weak unless she has team co-ordination. If you’re so sick of being hacked then improve your reaction time and damage her to cancel hack it really isn’t that difficult.

63 Likes

It’s beyond difficult and the most frustrating thing in the game

If it is so difficult I don’t know what to tell you. Her coming out of stealth, she literally yells “here i am” and also the sound cue for the hack happening is so loud I don’t understand how you can’t cancel it.

16 Likes

Because it’s mid fight. You’re not standing and waiting for her to come out of stealth. Try playing Hammond/Doom/Lucio for instance and have a Sombra hard focus you the entire game, you’re gonna feel miserable.

3 Likes

You complaining about one of the easiest things to counter and is purely your fault if it goes off, its equivalent to saying remove D.Va’s bomb because i died to it in ult and didnt move to cover.

10 Likes

I mean, I have no issues with Sombra. I guess I don’t play heroes solely reliant on their abilities, but I’ve never felt frustrated against Sombra at all, even on Lucio.

Could be because I main her when I play DPS, but in the same regard, I know exactly what she is going to do and when because of that, so I never have problems versing her.

Sombra is EXTREMELY telegraphed, even if she can go invisible, it’s always so easy to predict what a Sombra is going to do and when, which can make her useless in a match if you inform your team.

Zarya specifically gives me A LOT of issues on Sombra if she is hyper aware of me.

If you struggle so much against Sombra, main her for a little while. You’ll start setting just how easy she is to read and when she has and/or is going to EMP, because I would be doing these same things on Sombra.

Sure, it sucks feeling forced off of Doom or Ball, but EVERYBODY gets forced off their hero and it happens often. Genji is a prime example, and it isn’t even a single hero that forces people off him. I’m considered a Mercy one-trick and even I switch off of her a lot. I end up switching mid-game more times than not. It happens. You just have to get over it.

At least a single hero is causing you to switch. Not just your hero not bringing enough value or getting shredded without the team trying to swap to a hard counter.

12 Likes

You hate hack, but you don’t complain about Sleep, Stuns and Boops!?

Hack just stops you from using skills, Stun and Sleep stops you from playing altogether! How can you hate hack, but not hate the skills like hack that lock down all of your controls!?

23 Likes

Reason: “They’re skill shots.”

When most CC’s aren’t even skill shots.

2 Likes

I mean, I can say the same thing about Doomfist. I’d personally would much rather be alive than dead, but that’s just me.

4 Likes

I remember going against a Doom main as Sombra where he gave ME hell as Sombra. It felt impossible to hack him, no matter what trick or bait I did, I just couldn’t get it off. On my alt, I was 1 game from GM maining Sombra, so it isn’t like I’m not good at her, he was just that much better at keeping me off him.

I was extremely impressed. While it was probably annoying to him that he had to play so safe or aware of me, it is still 100% possible, and I applaud that guy to this day.

10 Likes

There are a couple of Doom mains on the forums who don’t have issues playing against Sombra too. They practiced against the matchup a lot, and while still countered don’t have to instantly switch when they see one.

3 Likes

Hi, yeah, 80 hours on Lucio, about 60 on Doomfist and 40 on Wrecking Ball. Sombra sucks. Don’t go in until you know where she is. Predict where she teleports back to because you can see her translocator. It is really easy to deal with a Sombra focusing you specifically because you know who she’s going after, and you don’t have protect your teammate just yourself.

1 Like

I think Lucio is the hardest one to outplay Sombra on, honestly.

Even with fast reaction time, he has a slow projectile and Sombra will typically hack you outside of boop range. I feel of all these heroes, he is the hardest to keep her off of.

It seems you have a good idea how to stay on him against her, though! Commend you for that. :smiley:

To play against Sombra, it honestly just takes a lot of understanding her to begin with. If you play her a lot or play with a friend who mains her, it makes it all that much easier for you to read her very telegraphed gameplay.

Funny, I just lost a game playing Sombra while the enemy team had a Doomfist and Bastion. Couldn’t cap the first point on Gibraltar.

It must be because her hack is an insta-kill, her gun is super strong and works really good with all the burst healing in the game, and EMP is always a Team Kill.

Oh wait, she’s hot garbage, and the reason I abandoned my Sombra one trick account after 400+ hours. They are never going to make her work on ladder so at least if you encounter her it’s only maybe 1 in every 50 games.

1 Like

Aside from sleep, the others don’t last 5 seconds.
If the player uses them badly they also get the full CD. You can block a stun or sleep and be confident that you countered it for the next x seconds… Hack just comes right back.

Alot of characters heavily rely on their abilities to be effective and/or not die… Hack at the very least should go on CD when the person being hacked blocks it with damage or getting out of line of sight.

Also other stuns generally don’t mean -> get stunned for 5 seconds -> character uses their ult so you are stunned again -> get stunned for 5 seconds after the characters ult ends.

Not being able to use abilities also removes counter-play to other things… removal of counterplay like that isn’t an interesting mechanic tbh.

Hack is BS, way to lenient, disables way too much stuff, you don’t get fair counter-play to it since there is no CD unless it is successful in the cast.

Sombra is not interactive. She isn’t fun to have on your team, she isn’t fun to play against, judging by her pickrate she isn’t even fun to play… just the sort of character that people play to ruin the enjoyment of other players…

Yeah, actually. I’d say the most skilled shot for a CC is sleep dart, which is more difficult that people like to say on here.

After that, all other CCs are pretty easy to hit. Like Hook, Lucio’s boop. Mei’s freeze, and more.

Honestly that’s what I did. I have 50 hours on Sombra, I know how she’s supposed to work and most people can’t make that happen. It’s annoying to be hacked but being hacked and being Dead are two very different things, even on Doomfist and Lucio. If you’re hunting down Sombra she won’t be able to land a Hack on you, let alone anyone else.

5 Likes

You mean like sombra players for the last… 2 years?

10 Likes

I said above, but Zarya players who are hyper aware of me on Sombra make my life HELL. She seems to be my hardest counter, so if a tank player struggles against her, Zarya is a really good tank to play. Just stay aware of the Sombra and pressure tf out of her.

It’s kind of like the supports. If you target her early, she is gone for a bit before coming back to the fight.

Pressure, pressure, pressure. Don’t even have to kill her. Just scare her off and it is a free 5v6 for a while.

3 Likes