Please let us buy Pink Mercy

I wasn’t talking about you but about the other person because he said:

^ This stuff isn’t useful. Just heats stuff up within the thread causing well… nothing except angry bois.

1 Like

SYSTEM was addressing someone else’s comment, not yours.

The bundle does the opposite effect from what they wanted though. Why on earth would someone (who is only donating because of the skin) buy the skins when they could just buy a bundle later and get them all easily.
The idea is that, since they are exclusive, people will do it now and it will raise more money in the short term.
I own the skin. I VERY rarely use it. I dont like her hair in the skin. I bought it because not only was it a skin for a character I use, but it also went for a good cause. I haven’t bought any other skins in this game. Not one. If they made a new charity skin (prostate cancer speedo roadhog, mental health awareness sigma, ect…) I would likely buy them again because it helps a good cause and I get a cool skin.

Is it a bit selfish? Maybe. But it got a ton of people to donate to the cause and spread awareness. If these skins are available all the time, they dont have the same affect.

3 Likes

Then why quote me? and not the other person.

I said that to OP then you replied to me with:

I wasn’t talking to you, yet you were the first one to reply to me.

So why was i talking to you? Oh right telling you that if an argument isn’t flawed that you can’t say that certain thing because it doesn’t justify it.

Don’t give me that crap of “Hurr durr why reply to me” when you were the first one to talk to me.

1 Like

I dont understand why people would be against this

You lose nothing, and from a business stand point its also a good idea to bring it back…and more $$$ for the charity

3 Likes

Which part of exclusive do you and OP not understand?

2 Likes

I never said that i was on OP’s side, i never claimed i was on anyones side.

So what the hell are you going after me?
Are you trying to make me look bad? What kind of useless chatter are you trying to stir up here?

Cut the crap you never were here for an actual discussion.

All i’m saying is that you need to be constructive and not go after the little things to make someone look bad. Then you assume what i think of this and try to use it against me.

What would really help to raise the most money would be to bring back the charity event, but with a new skin that is also limited to the event.

Blizzard has a lot of experience with time exclusive cosmetics and if it wouldn’t be the best way to get into peoples pockets they would have stopped doing it by now :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s exactly why people don’t want it back - It shouldn’t be money for Blizzard, it should be money for Pink Ribbon.

1 Like

The exclusivity of the skin and yes this is business but why is it conveniently forgotten that this was for charity, blizzard supposedly only made a small fraction of the money raised as the rest went to America’s breast cancer foundation.

The fact that you said this unironically says a lot
Stuff happens in life, I don’t have to elaborate on the Internet but certainly I value the health of my loved ones and my own a lot more than video games/skins, yes I did spend money on people because I wanted them to get skins and stuff in the game, I was able to, stuff happened, and I was incredibly short on money

1 Like

Well I just realized my error…the money didnt go to blizzard, it went to the charity (I think thats how It went)

Yeah, it went to Pink Ribbon. I’m also very sure they have to actually authorise Blizzard to do the charity events, so it’s not like Blizzard could just decide to do it again one day even if they wanted to.

And that was unfortunate that you didn’t have the funds to buy the skin, but you weren’t the only person as you may be aware. Alot of people have accepted that the skin is not coming back as the process of doing so with either result in backlash to blizzard for re-releasing it or the money going straight to blizzard and not the pink ribbon.

2 Likes

Just a heads-up, OP, don’t feel the need to discuss more private details about your life with random people on the internet.

2 Likes

This is beautiful.

I welcome y’all to nerco my old post-

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/like-the-pink-mercy-skin/552807/39

After all same as op I wanted blizzard to read and see. I would love a new charity event. We all starved for content anyways

2 Likes

There’s plenty of people that don’t donate that will pay for the skin.

Fact of the matter is if it came back there would be money going to the organization that will not if no skin is provided.

1 Like

I am aware, I just don’t see the reason for the skin to remain " Exclusive " when Blizzard can certainly do a charity event and make it available again, and add a new one
Gatekeeping in video games in 2021 is silly, and I am sure Blizzard doesn’t want that kind of people around :slight_smile:
Still unsure how people consider feedback " whining " and me asking Blizzard to give US the chance to buy the skin " selfish "

I know but at that point it felt like the whole thread just went towards " YOU’RE SILLY AND Y OU’RE LYING AND YOU SHOULD MANAGE YOUR MONEY BETTER LMAO GET REKT FOR NOT HAVING MONEY HOW DID U HAD money b4 but not now? XD " so I felt like I had to elaborate at least a little bit to get the thread back on " track "

2 Likes

I’d rather you not insult me through you post thank you, I was civil with my reply so your comment isn’t needed.

Anyways, it’s not gatekeeping, I can give you the definition if you would like, but gatekeeping has no context here. Also with your comment about “Let ME buy it” that isn’t feedback, but more so a complaint.
Why do you want the skin so badly? They are just pixels, if blizzard does another charity collaboration save $15 so you can buy it.