Please let us buy Pink Mercy

What about wishing to keep a skin marketed as ‘exclusive,’ exclusive? Do you not see the issue? well clearly not since you also made a thread but, I really wanted the Sym WoW skin from blizzcon, but didn’t have the money like OP to buy it but you don’t see me complaining/whining about it coming back or not.

1 Like

Do you not see me listing feral jerks… you are one of them read my first topic and second scum.

Also I just said it should remain exclusive.

I hate people. People suck at reading and listening.

4 Likes

Oh my apologies, I should of read further, I sincerely apologize for my negligence.

Don’t forget comprehension.

5 Likes

As someone whose first Forum post ever consisted of me begging for an exclusive skin, DON’T DO THIS! It won’t end well.

Honestly though, I have to disagree with you. Pink Mercy was for a charity event, so it would honestly be quite scummy if Blizzard decided to simply sell it for themselves because some people didn’t get it. It’s unfortunate that you were low on money at that time and struggling, but that isn’t Blizzard’s problem.

7 Likes

Hey, not all Gen Z’s are moronic 10 year olds.

Apologies accepted if you hopefully aren’t ripping the op too.

I feel people are the most mean on this sensitive topic.

Honesty I regret joining because unlike op - I had some deeper regrets than just a cool skin I missed out on.

1 Like

See the contradiction between OP and the facts, if you had saved your $80 the you could of shed 15 on the Mercy skin, or you could just given it straight to charity.
edit** I know it was for their friends but, if they are so selfless why continue to ask for the skin?

3 Likes

Thank you, I hope the rest of your day or night is good

1 Like

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of limited skins. I composed this list some time ago and keep updating it:

My take is pretty basic on these.

You have a few different groups:

Blizzcon skins

• Bastion - 2016 Blizzcon skin
  • Genji - 2019 Blizzcon - Illidan skin
  • Sombra - 2018 Blizzcon - Demon Hunter from Diablo
  • Symmetra - 2019 Blizzcon - Tyrande skin
  • Winston 2017 Blizzcon skin

Challenge skins

• Ana - Bastet challenge (skin and victory pose) and Winter Wonderland 2020
  • Ashe - Mardi Gras challenge
  • Baptiste - Halloween Terror 2019 challenge and Baptiste Reunion challenge
  • Bastion - Summer Games 2020 challenge and Bastion’s Brick challenge
  • D.Va - Nano Cola challenge (I think this was the very first one) and HotS Officer D.Va skin challenge
  • Doomfist - Year of the Rat 2020 challenge
  • Genji - HotS challenge (both this one and the D.Va Officer skin were moved to normal loot boxes later on)
  • Junkrat - Halloween Terror 2019 challenge and Winter Wonderland 2020
  • McCree - Anniversary 2020 challenge
  • Mei - Summer Games 2019 challenge and Archives 2020 challenge
  • Mercy - Winter Wonderland 2019 challenge and Recall challenge
  • Moira - Winter Wonderland 2019 challenge
  • Orisa - Summer Games 2020 challenge
  • Reaper - Summer Games 2019 challenge
  • Reinhardt - Summer Games 2019 challenge
  • Roadhog - Winter Wonderland 2020 Challenge
  • Sigma - Anniversary 2020 challenge and Sigma’s Maestro challenge (Maestro has both skin and emote)
  • Soldier 76 - Winter Wonderland 2019 challenge
  • Sombra - Halloween Terror 2019 challenge (same Demon Hunter skin from Blizzcon 2018) and Halloween Terror 2020 challenge
  • Symmetra - Archives 2020 challenge and Restoration Challenge 2020
  • Torbjorn - Archives 2020 challenge
  • Tracer - Summer Games 2020 challenge and Tracer’s Comic challenge 2020
  • Widowmaker - Anniversary 2020 challenge
  • Winston - Year of the Rat 2020 challenge
  • Wrecking Ball - Year of the Rat 2020 challenge

OWL related skins

• Brigitte - Goat Skin
  • D.Va - 2020 Pacific All Star
  • 2019 - Shock skins for multiple heroes
  • Genji - 2018 Pacific All Star
  • Lucio - 2019 Pacific All Star & Dance Party emote
  • Mercy - 2019 Atlantic All star
  • Reinhardt - 2020 Atlantic All Star
  • Tracer - 2018 Atlantic All Star
  • Winston - Flying Ace
  • Zarya - Alien
  • Zenyatta - Zen-Nakji
  • All the various team skins for every hero in the game, and even different year versions.

Specials

• Mercy - Pink Charity skin
  • Widowmaker - Pre-order only skin Noire
  • Widowmaker - Starcraft 20th Anniversary Celebration skin

To date, only three special skins has appeared in more than one way to obtain. One being the D.Va Officer skin (which sparked a lot of controversy) along with Genji’s from the same event and the Sombra skin Demon Hunter which is the only Blizzcon item to have had this happen in Overwatch.

I feel that any challenge event skins should be something that can be attempted again or obtained as drops in the following year event they were a part of. Why not?

However the following challenges are harder to suggest a fair way to obtain them:

• Ana’s Bastet
  • Ashe’s Mardi Gras
  • Baptiste’s Reunion
  • Bastion’s Brick
  • D.Va’s Nano Cola
  • Mercy’s Recall
  • Sigma’s Maestro
  • Tracer’s Comic
  • Symmetra’s Restoration

These are special challenges. As of now I don’t see an easy way to re-implement them, if they even have a plan to do so short of just adding them to the loot box pool eventually. However the rest could be integrated into following years of the event they were a part of.

Specialty items are a bit different, as are Blizzcon event items. While those skins actually carrying a Blizzcon logo and date probably should be kept as they are, they did release the Demon Hunter from Blizzcon to the following year Halloween, so if they can do it once, why not the WoW related skins?

Pink Mercy is always a hot button. I say they should do a charity every year, introduce a new pink skin for a hero each year and have the option to unlock or bundle previous skins from the previous charity event. Win win for everyone.

6 Likes

People definitely need to manage their funds better. I used to know someone from the Forums who complained about having no money to live decently, meanwhile he owned an unnecessary iPad collection and always bought the newest consoles. Figure out your priorities.

I am a Grammar Tyrant, so I must also ask you to put your hands behind your back, for I am arresting you for the usage of the phrase “could of”…It’s “could have”. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :woozy_face:

4 Likes

The fact that you said you said “Let ME buy the skin” says something about you.

3 Likes

It’s cool. Just be civil.

I wasnt very either. It can be exhausting trying to defend your ideals, opinions, and morals.

1 Like

Have we gone from actual discussion to complaining about how someone said something?

Jeez, that’s some real bad discussing if you go after those things instead of the topic of this thread.

Usually this is done when someone is losing an argument…

5 Likes

It’s because OP’s argument is fundamentality flawed.

This thread is dumb and shouldn’t exist It’s just a waste of everyones feed.

2 Likes

Just because they didn’t write something properly doesn’t mean you can say stuff like “Saying x thing really says a thing about you”

This isn’t useful to any kind of conversation and just really heats up the conversation for no reason. You can’t really justify it.

Don’t participate in it if you don’t want to, OP has the right to make a thread and this is a perfectly fine discussion.

Shut up, stop complaining and stop assuming the personality of others. You’re just ruining a thread with this,

4 Likes

No op has a point. But so does others with differing opinions.

Because even though she may want it- just for the pretty skin

It would still would help raise money to save lives.

That’s my thoughts when I read these topics now.

One side is selfish and just wants an exclusive skin to remain exclusive.

One side is selfish and wants to look cool and satisfy their ego.

But in the end it would help raise money for research… which is what really matters.

If that’s really what matters is the raising the money.

We can’t change the past but the future.
Generally I would say to OP it’s best to move on. Wish for a new skin for a new hero and maybe even for a different charity event.

1 Like

Care to quote where I actually said that.
I read through the OP and knew it was flawed from the beginning especially in a discussion about a skin marketed as ‘exclusive’ no longer be exclusive.

1 Like

They should make a new skin for another hero, for another charity maybe lung cancer since the survival rates are so low copared to breast cancer.

2 Likes