Please don't listen to the "Doomfist is Dead" crowd

seeing how a lot of anti-doomfist are literally saying “good! I want him to be trash! better yet, I want him deleted!” (this isn’t an exaggeration, there are a lot of people saying this) this is probably true.

I agree with the uppercut nerf, yet if I say I don’t agree with all the nerfs hitting him at once, people seem to automatically disregard your opinion.

I think it would have been better nerfing the uppercut, revert the shield buff, and testing him from there. Maybe also reworking his ult.

It took me about 3 minutes to get use to the Uppercut, but not the Slam.

It just froze me in the air for 2 seconds before the Slam indicator appears. Haizz, 30 hours put into learning the bare basic of him, down the tube (Welp, not down the tube, but extra learning time needed).

But hey, as long as people don’t have to deal with Doomfist, it is great for “the game”.
Might as well ask for Ana/Zen nerfs and see the salt rises, but I am not going down that road.

2 Likes

I really appreciate how a lot of Doomfist mains are treating the “Yay Doomfist is dead!” crowd. For the most part, almost all the Doomfist mains I’ve seen have said that they’re still going to play him. These nerfs aren’t going to stop them from picking him. The question is, do you really want a Doomfist with these nerfs on your team?

They’ve already played Bugfist. He was considered a throw pick then too. So I’m sure they’re use to being flamed in chat and/or comms and still persevering and playing him anyways. This isn’t going to be too different from that period.

5 Likes

They probably don’t, but I’m gonna play Doomfist anyway

3 Likes

Exactly! And I can really respect people that stick to their main even when they get nerfed real hard.

1 Like

Ok bro im going to make things simple: im a top500 doomfist main, i have been maining doom since s8 and im speaking the thruth and im telling u df is dead. Basiclly u had 2 playstyles of doomfist, u could engage with the seismic slame, uppercut and punh away or u could punch and then uppercut and seismic slam away, u cant do neither of these things anymore, cuz its impossible to actually kill someone with the seismic and uppercut combo, and now with the reduce of seismic slame from 20m to 15m u cant punch and then uppercut and seimic slam away cuz u will get killed. The hero is also full of bugs, seismic slam doesnt record dmg when its clear i hit them, when i punch someone and they hit the wall they often slide off the wall, causing no dmg to them. Trust me, Doom is dead.
He wasnt even that Op as ppl said, i played many times against ml7 i needed to switch all the time cuz he would landed every single sleep dart on me, doom was good cuz ppl are trash at the game.

8 Likes

i have 100 hours on doom and before the buffs i definitely agreed he needed nerfs. many people agreed that the uppercut cc should have been removed and the shield buff reverted and he would have been fine, but 7 NERFS AT ONCE? are you serious!?

What is that “7 nerfs at once” that’s been going around? The patch notes only state 4 nerfs, and actual buff for the inner ring damage radius (increased from 1.5 to 2 meters). Can you list all those 7 nerfs you’re talking about?

from another poster.

2 Likes

Regardless of where you sit on the doomfist debate, the OP is the one everybody should disregard.

To ask the devs to disregard people complaining about doomfists nerfs is asking them to not do their jobs. Feedback from all players is a right and a necessity. Its how they make changes.

I’m sure your attitude would be different if they were nerfing the crap out of Mercy, Roadhog, or whatever character you like to play.

I’m not for or against the nerfs in question. I’m too new to really offer an opinion on Doomfist one way or another. But I wouldn’t be stupid enough to stifle other peoples opinions.

4 Likes

“Oh Noo I Have To Actually Aim his hand cannon to get my Insta Combo’s now and cannot get EZPZ ridiculous Environmental Kills with Uppercut and my ult isnt guaranteed to kill people outside of its center no more #TheFistIsDead

This is what i picture people who say he is dead think. The only Nerf he Got i dont think he deserved was the Range Reduction on his Slam and thats it, Everything else was needed.

So this is what Roadhog players felt, i feel so bad for them now

Except most doomfist players (even a lot of the “doomfist is dead” players) have been saying they agree with his uppercut nerf. What they don’t agree with is the double nerf to slam and the double nerf to his ult all at once.

They should have nerfed uppercut, maybe reverted his shield buff, and maybe designed a new ult all together.

While I don’t think he is “dead” it feels like he was overnerfed. And while a lot of people are saying “it’s just the no skills who are complaining” supposedly even the number 1 doomfist player is saying they overdid it.

1 Like

Yeah even just those would of bin fine too, i do agree they went over board with his nerfs, like i said i feel like from the nerfs givin, reducing his SLam Range from 20 to 15m right? was not needed at all. His ult wasnt Double nerfed tho, it was buffed and nerfed, the center ring is bigger (buff) but the outer ring dmg max was reduced to 200 from 300. Only his slam got the double nerfs.

Actually, while the patch notes say they increased the inner size, it’s actually smaller now than it use to be. People think that this MIGHT be a bug, but it was mentioned for 3-4 weeks on the ptr (both the general and bug report) and hasn’t been mentioned by the devs, not even as a “known issue” in the bug forums.

edit:
he’s a picture that the person who first mentioned on the ptr posted:

Hmmm another good copy-pasta for me. Gotta use it in case Bliz nerf Ana. Or Lucio.

It has to be a bug in as much as enemies caught on the absolute edge of the outer ring we’re getting HEALED on PTR.

Mercy’s pistol hitbox is larger than DF’s punch.

if so, I hope it’s fixed sooner than his previous bugs, those took up to 3-4 months to even be acknowledged by the devs.

Win Rate, Win Rank (from bottom), Pick Rate, Pick Rank (from bottom)
Last Week
G: 52.00% 3rd Bot 0.99% 11th Bot
M: 47.67% 1st Bot 1.19% 11th Bot
D: 48.36% 1st Bot 1.34% 11th Bot
P: 46.92% 1st Bot 1.29% 7th Bot
G: 45.74% 2nd Bot 1.22% 5th Bot
S: 45.45% 6th Bot 1.06% 3rd Bot
B: 42.35% 2nd Bot 1.10% 2nd Bot

A: 46.72% 2nd Bot 1.23% 6th Bot

Last 3 Months

G: 56.48% 26th Bot 3.79% 18th Bot
M: 54.41% 25th Bot 3.65% 18th Bot
D: 55.00% 24th Bot 3.58% 17th Bot
P: 52.60% 22nd Bot 3.01% 17th Bot
G: 50.39% 19th Bot 2.37% 12th Bot
S: 49.11% 20th Bot 2.04% 10th Bot
B: 45.79% 14th Bot 1.95% 9th Bot

A: 52.40% 25th Bot 2.83% 16th Bot

52.40% - 46.72% = 5.68% win rate loss
2.83% - 1.23% = 1.6% pick rate loss
Wins 10.84% less often
Played 56.54% less often

Is he dead yet? Does being at the literal bottom of the trash can count as dead to you? Is it within your parameters? Would you like to offer some stock market advice while you’re at it with “doomfist isn’t dead” ?

2 Likes