So 7 Doomfist nerfs at once actually happened

Rising Uppercut
-Loss of air control reduced from 3s to 0.6s:

-Seismic Slam**
-No longer lose air control while being pulled in

Both of these changes are huge following his hand cannon with shotgun spread and very limited ammo. This makes finishing a target using a single ability incredibly difficult as if they back away more than a metre then M1 will do very little

Seismic Slam
-Max range decreased to 15m from 20m

This is 2 nerfs disguised as one:
-Reduces mobility significantly so a lot of long distance roll-outs can no longer be executed and reduces the distance he can escape
-Reduces maximum direct slam damage from 86-(64-66) - Not entirely sure the exact number but reduces the damage of a direct slam

Meteor Strike
-Inner ring damage radius decreased from 1.5m to 1m (This was meant to be 2m radius but is instead 2m diameter and somehow made it onto live)
-Max Damage outside inner ring decreased from 300 to 200

Meteor strike was already a very poor ultimate, on certain heroes such as ana/zen it was an easier kill (But not as easy as the forums make it out) and to get 2 kills or more happens next to never when compared to other offensive ults (Dragonblade, Graviton, Rip Tyre etc)

Hero Specific Nerf
-Deflect now works against initial Rocket Punch damage

Absolutely no idea why they added this, Genji has an insane amount of vertical movement that counters rocket punch in so many ways. Just wall climbing means he can dodge the punch. If you died to rocket punch as genji you got outplayed, that is as simple as it gets.
Alongside this rocket punch is close to a Rein charge or Brig bash than a melee attack because it stuns. If this is done for consistency purposes then why would genji not deflect uppercut instead as this is a pure melee attack close to reins hammer and brigs flail.

Overall these nerfs seem to be a knee jerk reaction to the community outcry to nerf him to the ground even though the rest of the game is balanced for the ā€˜top 1%ā€™ of players (OWL, top 500 etc). It has been confirmed by countless pro players that doomfist is rarely if ever used in scrims because he is so easy to counter (The pre nerf doomfist is almost identical to the hero with close to a 1% pick rate in OWL).

It is inevitable for the next few months or close to a year Doomfist will be receive buff after buff until he slowly increases in pick rate before the nerf sledgehammer hits him once again and the cycle repeats.

In a game about swapping heroes, people seem to not want to play the counter game.

Edit: After playing about 10 games this morning have noticed that if you land you seismic slam and the target is more than 2 metres away, there is no way you can get the uppercut combo off as they just simply walk backward insted of being pulled in and then they are well out of your effective range. To even connect the combo you have to basically land on top of them and then have to try to track them through the air as they move all over the place which is proving though for thin targets such as widowmaker and ashe if they havenā€™t already used an ability to escape.

42 Likes

I remember when DF just came out with the broken hitbox on RP, that was nothing compared to the monster we had, a super mobile, super tanky and one-shoting hero with lots CC shouldnt be a thing.

43 Likes

He got gutted. Itā€™s pretty insane they did that to doom mains honestly

12 Likes

I can get behind these, but the rest just seems like an overkill.

27 Likes

I agree, i think they should have done a similar process to mercy and just toned him down piece by piece, as right now it seems there plan is send him to F tier then buff him up piece by piece when people forget about him

DF is very unfun to play against, but I agree this seems like too much at once. Iā€™m all for the loss of control changes, that was by far the most annoying part.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having a bad feeling about these changes, but I have trust on the developers so Iā€™m not sure what to feelā€¦

I will give these changes a week, or a month to see what they do. I just hope these changes wonā€™t be the end of Doomfist.

What was the 30m RP like?

Two first nerfs are great. Less CC = better game. Other nerfs are a bit much. But the first two were absolutley needed.

1 Like

I see what theyā€™re probably trying to do. Bring Doomfist back to F tier for a few weeks or months, wait for the community to massively complain about another hero. Check on Doomfist and see that he has been in trash can for a while. Slowly bring him up with some buffs and bug fixes,
or just revert his slam nerfs and rework his ult. Doomfist is now viable again :slight_smile:

Now, I donā€™t think Doomfist will stay in F tier for like 9 months or a year because the last time he was F tier they started working on him after 3 months. Also theyā€™re still fixing his bugs so thereā€™s a good chance that they might give him some buffs because theyā€™re not finished with him yet.

Or he will forever remain with Symmetra, Torb, Bastionā€¦ etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

30m RP was like having your cake, eating it too, and then someone else giving you a second cake to eat as well.

5 Likes

I still remember the hitbox of that thing. Half the map lol.

Wasnā€™t half the map, if you were on top of a building 6 blocks over you wouldnā€™t be hit by it. :b

1 Like

I remember someone saying the same thing when he was ā€œBugfistā€ and the devs managed to make him viable. Iā€™m sure they can bring him back again and idc how long Iā€™ll have to wait

It atleast was like, a really long and stupid hitbox, considering I got hit behind walls more than a few times.

See you again in 3+ years ! o/

Theyā€™ve already done it before, theyā€™ll do it again.

Oh, I know it was huge, I was making a joke about it too XD

You forgot to mention that DF can no longer RP through deflect.

Good point, will add that now