Please don't listen to the "Doomfist is Dead" crowd

As many of you may know, the forums tend to exaggerate. This is especially true if a formerly overpowered or underpowered character gets a change to buff or nerf their kit.
On that note, so many people seem to be crying out about the recent Doomfist nerfs. They’re calling the character “unplayable”.
To the developers; please disregard these people who are saying you did a bad job with the nerfs. I think that it is a way of actually balancing out his kit to have discernible weaknesses and that those who were used to being able to poop on the enemy team being pocketed unopposed are the ones who find it unable to adapt to a new playstyle.
To the doom players; doomfist is not unplayable, so please. I hate playing against the character but I enjoy playing as him, and he’s still as ridiculous as before. Uppercut and punch still have absurd hitboxes and now you actually have to aim in order to secure kills, the seismic slam change discourages those who would use the seismic slam as a engage and die instead of using the free fall as intended, and the meteor strike change powers up combos and makes doom into even more of a problem for tanks.
So, once again, the forums exaggerate.

12 Likes

Sadly thats true, it would take way more nerfs to kill that monster.

9 Likes

Oh the devs know all about the Forum Fist, and they are going to ignore it. They know the forums freak out with change, they’ve grown used to this kind of noise.

6 Likes

I really can’t deny that his ult feels worse than a regular ability on cooldown though. And i hate Doomfist.

16 Likes

I kinda like the “doomfist is dead” crowd since it means that anyone who gets killed by the current doomfist loses their right to complain.

As long as it doesnt get to the point that people are reporting doomfist before the round even starts like what Symmetra and Torb players have to go through, its fine.

3 Likes

DF is still good if i play him in high silver but i dont know for other ranks above.
Ultimate is totally useless now and thats not exaggaration. You charge up your ult to get a glorified Shadow Step what tickles the enemy.

DF needs a complete new ult.

3 Likes

His ult is just a bad idea, always has been. The only two things it’s ever been are an escape mechanism, and for a while, an absolutely free kill on Ana and Zen.

It has absolutely no meaningful counterplay, which is a problem. Both for his targets, and for Doomfist, because the lack of counterplay means it can’t ever be very good

3 Likes

I fully agree. I hope they’ll give him a new ult later down the road. Ideally, a full hero rework even.

1 Like

Yeah, I think he needs a new ult. It needs counterplay, but it could be a lot stronger if it had it.

2 Likes

with his new ult he feels more like a fed pantheon in LoL and that can be pretty scary

Troll post. Reported for trolling

5 Likes

Like they did with the Forum Brigitte, right? Oh, wait.

1 Like

It’s not a troll post. You’re false reporting

I see you’re part of the “Forum Fist” crowd.

Doomfist is dead though, his only engage if you’re being serious got nerfed into the ground. I think all Doom needed was his shields passive to be nerfed and his RP to be nerfed a little bit. The Uppercut nerfs were warranted. The SS nerfs ruined him.

2 Likes

I could agree to Doomfist’s viability in lower ELOs. In places where overall accuracy is lower, so overall incoming damage is lower. Where enemy immediacy to react is lower. Healing reaction. Ability to keep a team synchronized. This is where his rocket punch becomes higher value, whereas in high ELO, it’s mainly an escape mechanic.

His death is in high elo, where healing can be near instantaneous, where movement can be heavily tracked, and where better output options are available than trying to occasionally 1-shot a player by overextending yourself.

These nerfs are a High ELO problem. Getting shoved into a wall after hearing the police siren will still be effective on the people who already ignored the police siren.

2 Likes

He still has the engage he’s actually supposed to use, rocket punch. Seismic slam was the big problem with DF, it let him bypass all of the downsides and counterplay he was supposed to have.

nice troll post, we all know torb at this point is more viable

7 Likes

Exactly, these nerfs make him an RP bot, which most players can agree is infuriating to die to.

Funnily enough, slam-uppercut based kill methodology arose out of Rocket Punches invalidity as a killing mechanic. It’s bug - the jump cancel - was far more valuable than the punch ever was.

Were the punch to ever truly find its face in higher brackets, it would need reworking. Something tremendously scary, like a shield that builds from 0 - 150 while charging the punch, then dissipates upon releasing it.

1 Like