Please don’t nerf Widowmaker

wow I actually was right at describing what was happening here wasnt I?
(i legit thought different sigh)

the argument at hand is that widow has much more power than most heroes in the game. being able to “do it everytime” does not contribute to the merit. thats like saying because doing something that deletes everything is extremely hard its fair to exist. like bruh xD.

No I am not pathetic enough to actually go play a game get kills and record it for you to prove to you what multiple pros gms, players, forums have stated many times on these forums and the best they had that same proof you ask for :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean if that wasnt enough for you why would it be mine?
As my quote said

you will never admit to being wrong so whats the point :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I get it, i really do.

I’m sorry that you lost those games.

Everyone isn’t Kephrii buddy…

Prove that it makes you more capable of hitting shots by picking the hero.
Go ahead.
I’m listening.

Sure buddy, sky is pink, you need photos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

dont bother with the other for real they think our argument is that widow is an auto one shot clicker thats too op. XDDDD
oh god I am done for the day this is too funny

1 Like

You were talking about 1 kill, I made it 3, because I have been there.
And as I said, 1 shield > 2 dps and a healer.
Now that one shield is a huge value, just by picking a hero.

DPS are very lacking in sustain, while tanks and supports have very high damage output. Like Soldier gets flat out upgraded by Baptiste, and Reaper by Roadhog…

So you really are complaining about the fact the weakest class in the game, whose entire purpose is to get kills can still get kills.

Oh i’m so sorry… i shouldn’t be so mean when talking to someone in… your situation.

I’ll agree to disagree, since every single hero is capable of incredible things if we all hit every shot.

I’m really sorry, i actually am.
I’ll go… you don’t need this stress obviously.

My honest opinion is that you need to get up from your computer and maybe do something else for a little while.

This isn’t healthy behavior.

Yeah, 1 shot kill on a healer is valuable. DPS being less value is irrelevant. That 1 shot on a healer means the game is probably lost.

I dont care about your weird obsession that DPS die faster - they kill faster too.

The whole purpose of this game is to work together and get objectives - kills are secondary. DPS arent a class, they’re a role. You dont PLAY tanks or healers, so you dont understand why they need higher sustain and health to even survive. Healers keep everyone else alive, they’re very important so they need to stay alive. Tanks need to be dangerous to control space AND they need to survive.

If you played them, you might understand.

3 Likes

I thought the conversation was about widow? Just looking at similarities you have Ana who is much more difficult. Yes, she doesn’t need any headshots, but she also doesn’t have an easy escape on Shift when getting into a position where a normal sniper would be dead.

2 Likes

No they don’t.

My profile is still public.

Ana is a really chill hero, when you can’t aim with Widow, considering you spend the majority of the game spamming the back of tanks.
Also if you get dove, you can just throw a healing nade under your feet.

When the most picked DPS was 2x her pickrate from the start and she only was picked equally to Junkrat and Genji as a second choice pick, then no she isn´t dominant.

Stop trying to wiggle your way out of your completely wrong assumption of the meta and its heroes, Dive had Widow as a used hero, in Moth meta, she became a dominating pick. You were wrong now move on. The meta she was dominant in, was rightfully the one she was completely synergistic with, which wasn´t dive.

Than do not play FPS games. The general populous complaining about her can be summed up in “I do not like players that aim better than me”, cause honestly tell me what is the difference between getting two instant bullets in your head by mcree than a widow? By getting helix rocket/HS burst combo by a soldier? Non. You die. Fairly. Do you know why that is? Coz the other player tracked your movements and landed their shots and got rewarded for it. It happens in an FPS game. But nope dying by a better player is to bothersome for some people, that is the only reason blizzard are pushing this toxic metas of constant sustain with shields and heals. And than for good measure throwing in heroes that get rewarded for slamming buttons and just standing there like moria, doomfist, definitely hanzo pre all his recent nerfs. Actually Hanzos scatter arrow and pre nerf storm arrow were about the same as in abilities designed for minimal effort but maximum reward. Overall that is the design they have been going with lately.

More like, “The other team’s Widow is better than ours, so we lose the match.”
It’s one thing to die. It’s another to automatically lose entire matches because lelsniper. That happens in a pure FPS game, butut this game is supposed to be more than that, and when Widow is present, it’s not. If Widow is everywhere, there’s no point in playing OW, because it’s not really OW.

9 Likes

Oops, today is suddenly Opposite Day. Widowmaker must be nerfed now

Widow needs meaningful interaction/counterplay

In a non heavy sustain meta Widow overshadow any other hitscan (at the top tiers, where easy and hard to play doesn’t matter) and lack any kind of meaningful interactions. Widow dominates and decides the game, if you don’t have your own Widow who can contest the enemy Widow you loose

1 Like

Healing? That widow and hanzo can one shot through?

Shields? The only thing stopping widow and hanzo from being meta?

3 Likes

Yes. Healing. Because you know, not every shot of Widow and Hanzo is a one shot, despite what the forum myths say.
If they don’t get a stupid amount of healing, Widow and Hanzo are really easy to kill.

Shields stop almost the entire dps class from functioning, not just snipers.
And you can’t even dive past them, because most healers are LOS dependent.

I have no idea how can you blame everything on snipers… Especially since they have been really weak for ages…

You do not lose the match coz another widow is better, you lose the match coz compared to the other team you are worse. People always try to find whatever excuses they can instead of just admitting they simply are not good enough. With the amount of heroes available in the game with hypermobility and CC widow could have her 8 second CC and it would not effect the game at all when people play the game properly.

1 Like

So you tell me that top 500/pros are not good enough?

2 Likes

Tbh the grapple nerf is barely a nerf if you’ve played Widow for a long time. 12s is her original grapple CD.

However, Hanzo is far more deserving of nerfs than Widow.

1 Like

Honestly, people need to admit that snipers shouldn’t even exist in Overwatch. Maps aren’t big enough and it’s an unnecessary ability to wipe a whole team with a single character, repeatedly.

I’ve honestly thought for a long time that widow’s ‘sniper’ ability should be a 60sec cool down that she can penetrate barriers with, with a major focus on very high mobility and a soldier-76 style weapon, with acrobatic knockdowns and multiple poison mines.

Her ‘sniper ability’ should literally be one-shot-one-kill, landing it anywhere on a body will deal max headshot damage, enabling her to break an offense or defense every 60 seconds, and then rejoin the fight.

Hanzo is just broken, but he’s actually so terrible that only the top tier flick-shotting magic arrow beasts can play him. He should honestly be reworked just as much, but I wouldn’t know where to start with him.

2 Likes