Please don’t nerf Widowmaker

People need to admit FPS games are not for them and they need to stay out of it.

OW is and was never a pure FPS
Oh and in pure FPS Snipers have massive downsides

4 Likes

So does Widow.
And your regular OW characters have much more power too.

Lol, sure lets try your way and watch Overwatch continue to die.

Overwatch IS NOT only an FPS and a huge majority of its players are not FPS players.

There should always be ‘skill based’ characters, but in some cases instead of promoting teamwork and recomposition on the enemy team, it actually detracts from it as the game devolves into Widow Vs Widow, or monkey-chase-grapple-girl

It simplifies the game and reduces its complexity.

You could honestly keep all the characters the same if they created a pre-game ban system like LoL. Then the game speaks for itself and auto-balances it according to how the players play.

3 Likes

Like getting beaten by Moira?

2 Likes

Again I have to say this. You find the game that another sniper has to work against jet pack gorillas with auto aim guns and then we can discuss how snipers are compared to other games.

hardest hero in the game

pepehands
with Widow you have to be really very good at one particular skill and literally nothing else, clicking on heads.
Meanwhile Ana has to aim with a more forgiving primary and scoped fire than you, but also has to manage actually important cooldowns, land Sleep Dart and positioning leaves room for fewer mistakes since you don’t have a get out of the jail shower free card.
Meanwhile Ball has to calculate how best to ram his head face-first into the enemy team and actually have that be an effective strategy. Because it is, but only if you have an engage and escape plan, know where you’re knocking people and have memorised every square inch of every map and have your precise grapple points absolutely down.
Meanwhile Sigma has to land a slow-moving projectile with a long windup time that slows him for his primary utility, has to manage a barrier that on the PTR is hilariously fragile and clunky to use, has to manage his primary fire at a precisely effective range because at anything other than that range it’ll either bounce away into uselessness or dissipate before it hits anything while managing the squishiest immobile tank in the game.
Meanwhile every single thing about Tracer and Genji

And yet widow and hanzo are both able to complete bypass healing all together, making your entire point irrelevant. It doesn’t have to be every shot. nobody has said every shot, except you trying to detract from the original point, as you tend to always do.

Not even half true. Believe it or not 12 out of 16 hero’s in the dps class are fully capable of melting shields. Ashe, bastion, hanzo, junkrat, cree, phara, reaper, soldier, sombra, sym, torb, tracer. And that’s just with primary and alt fire’s, not including abilities.

They’ve been anything but weak. They’re so strong the entire meta for the past almost 2 years has been about keeping them out of the meta by any means necissary. Stack as much hp and healing as possible in order to not get one shot. Goats. Stack up as many barriers as possible, double shield. And even for a brief period during bunker, widow became the second most picked dps next to Mei who was acting like a faux barrier with ice wall.

Weak though amirte?

7 Likes

I keep saying - it is ridiculous that she can maintain indefinitely a scoped view with no waver. I know her "slow heartbeat/altered physiology lore business, but its not balanced. Add scope waver, and fatigue for just sitting around in scope view waiting for targets and you will be surprised. I’m sick to death of “BuT ITz Whaz MakeZ hERZ SpECiaLZ” nonsense that is unbalanced. Every other game with snipers sees the clear wisdom of adding difficulty to the shot, except Overwatch.

Another possibility is a resource for “instant-kill” that she has to build up - she could get body shots or even critical head-shots, but only kill weakened targets until she builds enough resource for a true instant-kill.

Yeah, that’s not even remotely true.

What? I detract how? Your point is totally irrelevant, and I told you why.

Sombra? Really?
Also guess how many of them will die long before they break a shield, unless they are protected by one themselves:
All of them.

That’s just straight up not true.
Even if snipers weren’t in the game, those would have been the metas.
Because they were broken in their own right.
You don’t counter the OP heroes, you pick them.

Yes.
A sniper is worth about 20% of a shield tank.

“widow doesn’t care about healing, she can one shot through all the healing in the world”
“yeah but widow doesn’t always one shot, so you’re point is irrelevant”

Ok… but she still can one shot through all the healing in the world, so, you either don’t understand how conversations work or you’re purposefully creating strawmen to beat up.

8 x 60 = 480. She takes out a quarter of rein’s shield with a single clip, and she’s not missing that thing with any of the bullets. She’ll be taking out even bigger chunks from rein’s shield after this next ptr patch goes live. And again, that’s just her primary. She literally can erase shields with hack and emp. There was a reason she was prominent during goats in the infamous hackfist.

Literally not. Bunker would have been busted by mccree. Goats would have been busted by triple dps. These things had their counters and we saw it plenty of times in overwatch league no matter how many times you try to deny the video evidence from existing. And every single one of those counters got countered even harder the moment somebody switched to widow and one shot the tank busters before they could bust tanks, forcing the enemy to mirror instead.

I’m… not even going to ask how you came up with that actually laughable statistic.

2 Likes

Another simply but albeit effective solution is to make her reload after every say 3 scoped view shots… that alone would do wonders I suspect.

Top tier Widow stats:
50% scoped accuracy
25% critical hits
Around 6 solo kills on average

Widow lands some juicy headshots quite frequently (Every 8 shot is a headshot)

Why do you think overwatch is dying in the first place? The shear ignorance or stupidity from some people just never stops baffling me. There are tons of good FPS games out there, and when people do not get to pew pew in OW, which flashnews has not really been possible for over two years now, with oppressive shields and heals. GOATS straight in to shield meta. They go find themselves a game where they can.

It must be exhausting coming up with so many excuses all the time and baseless statements that if nothing else only further fuels the idea of complete ignorance and lack of knowledge.

The HUGE majority are FPS players, and the HUGE majority leaving the game are FPS players. If you make an FPS game, FPS players is what you will attract, what your audience will mainly consist off. If people want to play another genre they go play another genre, OW did not invent a new genre, OW did not fill the potential of a whole new niche of genre with an untapped enormous pool of players, OW attracted every blizzard fan out there, but mainly it solidified itself among the FPS players because it is an FPS game.

Being able to hardcarry and not relay to heavily on your team is what makes most competitive game successful. It is one fundamental part of any competitive game. Blizzard tried the other way with Heroes of the storm, and that game failed miserably, at this point it was probably almost a net loss until recently when its running on a skeleton crew milking what little player base is left. They did the same with OW, but they rolled it back just enough for people to make some sort of difference without their team to constantly babysit each other, thou as time gone on with support abilities multiplying in strength the potential for carrying is less and less and focus overall been to give heroes insane strength in easy to use abillties, even DPS heroes like doomfist are perfect example of this.

Minimal effort for maximum reward. Suprise suprise it does not fly with the FPS community that OW is mostly made off and so the game is slowly dying month by month.

HOTS did not failed because it is team dependent (you can hard carry), it failed because it was late to the market and their was no proper marketing. (second part of the statement was stated by the devs)

Actually HOTS has a solid fanbase because of it’s teamplay oriented nature.
I have a +60Days play time on hots and I’m in the top 1% for a long time. I know this game very well

Still doesn’t matter to healing ruling the game?

Yeah… And Moira has an infinite clip, so he is the best shield breaker ever.
Sombra’s dps is actually awful, and the only way she’ll take down a barrier in a real game is through EMP, unless the enemy team doesn’t pay attention to her.

Well, I’ll tell you anyway.
A sniper killing 2 dps heroes and a support is worth less than losing a single shield tank.

I’m totally down with this if they also add movement acceleration. You know, to “simulate the difficulty of other games”.

1 Like

Instead of listining to devs themselves you need to listen to industry professionals like Richard Lewis and the community itself. The game was terrible, especially by the standard set by Dota and League.

DPS both kill faster and have more efficient ways of getting the damage for the target. That’s a fact.

Your profile says you have 222 hours on widow IN QUICKPLAY and 45 MINUTES on wrecking ball in comp. Your profile just backs up my point - you dont play tanks or healers, you just play widow.

A pre-fight 1 shot kill on a healer is MASSIVELY VALUABLE, arguing against that is just silly.

7 Likes

If you think healing rules the game, as a widow one trick, there’s really not much else to discuss here. As she literally does not care about healing, bursting full hp targets down.

There you go, creating strawmen once more. Her overall dps doesn’t matter. We’re talking about destroying shields, not who has the highest damage per second. The fact of the matter is her primary alone can chunk through barriers just like a majority of the dps class. None of which can do so before getting their head popped off.

Yeah, i was afraid of that. You actually have no clue what you’re talking about it seems.

6 Likes