Picking Ana is basically throwing

I wouldnt mind a slight decrease in fire rate in exchange for infinite ammo :+1:

I believe she already fires quicker than the duration of her DoT anyways (by .05 seconds).

Agree with the fire rate compensation. Whatever allows her to competitively heal her team with only basic defense damage reasonable to a support class hero.

1 Like

Just play Mercy AND Ana, it’s not like Mercy is married to Zenyatta.

Oh, I do, but I still get complaints that they would rather a Bri or Zen.

I just hate that I have to prove my self with Ana to be accepted every group I join.

You missed my point in the OP, once you figure it out then reply again.

no i didnt’ youre crying rez (and mercy in general) is OP and every other healer is basically useless in comparison to it (and her).

read MY COMMENTS again and reply with an ACTUAL reply

Interesting that in the playoffs patch the team with the highest ana play time was NYE. 12.68% I guess they really were throwing.

I like Ana/Moira combo. It’s a lot of healing, Moira can peel for Ana, and nade + Moira Healing is insane.

It’s a lot better on attack though.

1 Like

Don’t get toxic please, no need for it.
I’m not saying that everyone is useless in comparison to Mercy at all. Read it pls.

Still picking Ana over Mercy - JUDGE ME!!!

1 Like

Only ana?
I feel like it is pretty much everyone.

1 Like

While I can agree to that somewhat, there’s already an animation cancel that’s very easy to learn-- changing this would be a nerf to people who do it. (You punch after you hear two clicks-- it halves reload time.)

edit: misread, thought you meant nerfing her ammo count in exchange for reload speed.

need more caffeine oof

If a mercy is rezzing at max efficiency without dying, she spends ~5.5% of her time STANDING STILL. No mercy should ever be able to do so safely. Stop acting like Rez is still instant with super-armor and just kill/boop/stun a stationary target.

I have to agree with GIR here.

Is it true that it’s more difficult to output the same healing numbers with Ana compared to Mercy? Yes, in most cases that is true.

That does not in anyway mean choosing Ana is throwing compared to Mercy. Yes, if your team is running straight “meta” with a Hanzo, Rein, Zarya, Zen, and a mobile DPS, then Mercy may be the better pick, but most comp games people don’t run straight meta.

Ana has a number of benefits that Mercy does not and in reality if you’re playing her well, she can provide more utility than a solo-rez in terms of cancelling ults with sleep dart etc.

Nah, Remove Ana, since her only purpose seems to be an excuse to nerf characters 10x

Honestly if that was the trade off I wouldn’t hate it exactly. But I think it would have to be a decent buff to the reload time - not like .05 seconds off.

As to the cancellation - if it was a decent bite off the time, you wouldn’t necessarily need it anymore, but there’s not much reason to take it out, exactly, since you still can’t start firing your gun til the time has passed - you just do something extra during what was supposed to have been the animation sequence. Granted, I’d rather keep it.

Yeah. Ana is just in a weird spot, at this point. Her sheer amount of utility (which, let’s be honest, she is one of the most utility-based heroes within the game) never changed-- anti-heal and sleep dart never changed. Base numbers on other things changed, but now they’re basically the same.

I just don’t want them to mess with any of the other healers anymore because of power creep. I think it’s goofy to have rez on utility because no one is going to be happy on either side. I feel like they’re just going to keep chipping away at Mercy’s base values-- which are not and have not been the source of heartache-- until they finally give up and either put rez as an ult-only ability (ideal) or remove completely. And what we have at that point is possibly an Ana stronger than triple tank Ana, etc. Which would be fun, don’t get me wrong-- but it’s not healthy for the game.

It’s like Mercy’s going down the same road as Triple Tank Ana-- except it’s longer and not as harsh (per buff, overall it’s about equal). The problem people had with Ana was her nade-- and they didn’t touch it until several nerfs later.

Right now, Mercy’s just a better pick than Ana because around two-three nades do not have the guaranteed benefit that rez has.

SHRUGS INTO INFINITY

1 Like

I’m not being toxic. You are. I’ve said I read it multiple times and all youre doing is spamming read plz implying insults!

Ugh yah you are

disadvantage and saying throwing implying poor performance if not complete uselessness
11 nerfs and still better saying she’s that much better than the others
removing rez so other have a chance. again implying not having a rez is OP and makes other useless

so how is ALL that not saying theyre useless? clearly you didn’t explain anything and have no argument besides “read the thing i never explained even though you clearly already did 5 times now”

I’ve always had this insane idea to buff all the other supports rather than hammering Mercy with nerfs. That being said, I really hope OP isn’t this ignorant to make such an extreme statement regarding a hero who is strong in her own right, just comparatively weaker to Mercy.

This is so untrue. Ana is not in meta currently (in a traditional sense) but she is incredibly dangerous in the right hands. When the PTR patch comes in Ana will see a lot more competitive play, especially concerning the new meta Hammond brings.

This argument has been proven untrue so many times now, and was confirmed yet again when we saw the Ana play in late OWL. Sometimes I wish this community could say that picking a hero is instantly throwing.