Picking Ana is basically throwing

Well they’re reworking healers in the next patch I believe. If you want to be good at Ana you have to play like gale and ml7 and frag out when you need to

1 Like

I think making no-scopes like zen’s orbs would make it too ez-mode. Perhaps just make the projectiles a little faster.

Maybe Mercy is outclassing Ana but not Moira
I think Ana needs a buff, no nerf Mercy

I think Moira is fine. The 20% energy regen increase is good though. We’ll see how big of an impact that buff has.

1 Like

Ya moira is in a good spot right now. Maybe a bit more on her ult but even that’s not really needed.
As for ana it would still make her harder than mercy lol. That and you would still have skill involved with crits.

My thinking behind this is for those below diamond. She will never be viable down there

Maybe if they gave Ana a Ghillie Suit she wouldn’t be so easy to dive. One sniper already has a nest to shoot from. Why can’t the other have some camo gear to stealth from in the back unseen?

Or… they could actually buff them instead? This will be coming up in this new patch most likely launching with Summer Games on the 9th.

Ana by far needs more buffs. She needs more mobility and self sustained heals. The update will give her nano boost a boost but it’s still not effective enough imo for her. If she can’t keep alive long enough to build her ult, what’s the point of that buff? She needs more. Give her self heals plus mobility (or just send her self healing…) and bam, she’s in.

Moira is getting her 20% healing buff so that may change the tide of battle. I personally feel Moira is going to be in a good spot after this buff as she already is picked more than most healers and can do decent healing damage, it’s most people prefer to play her as a DPS, but attacking needed for her heal gauge.

I wouldn’t say it’s a throw, but if you play Ana and your team doesn’t support you, then your better off playing something else.

It’s like that match I was playing on Sunday. A Moira was killing me and chased me to spawn area and the Rein just walk by and did nothing. That’s when I decided to switch to Brig. We won that match, probably cause I was able to shutdown their Moira, Dva, McCree while being able to heal every few seconds. I love stunning Dva and throwing her off a ledge. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Yea. It is kinda depressing how blizzard refuses to acknowledge the brokenness of a baseline rez.

1 Like

Everything can be throwing if you want it to be

Ick… why do that?

I believe that instead of trying to create “Different flavors of the same thing” we should instead focus on strengthening our Support heroes’ individual boons.

Ana has her greatest contribution locked onto one skill that she has to use to heal herself. When a player slots in Ana, they should be actively bringing Heal-Denial to a match. It shouldn’t be a once in a blue moon effect (which it is unless Ana is heavily supported) or something saved to counter Transcendence. She should be dishing it out almost as regularly as Zenyatta’s Discord. (Obviously, not through her current grenade but rather a rework that puts anti-heals at the forefront of her kit, even if that makes her an off-healer)

• Lucio used to be all about the speed boost. 100% extra speed made him valuable – I think he is okay now but I wouldn’t mind putting a bit more power into his Speed because that is the unique boon he brings.

• Zenyatta’s Discord kept him relevant and it always will. It is a powerful tool and him being able to focus on targets while weakening the enemy/healing is too perfect.

• Brigitte brings extra tankiness to her team plus excellent peel. Slotting her in greatly weakens any DPS that isn’t a burst/sniper and wards off flankers.

• Moira and Mercy - let’s call them both the main healers. Moira keeps her allies alive and Mercy brings them back. Moira is independent and can protect herself and give out steady heals to support her team. Mercy should probably heal less overall than a good Moira but be better at reviving her allies. Mercy’s slippery nature and flight allows her to try to survive while the team focuses her because they know she will revive her team. If they buff her revives and weaken her healing output, then I imagine they’d have to weaken her self-heal passive to allow enemies a better chance at killing her before she revives enough of her allies.

Either way, I think nearly every support should support their team primarily in ways outside of just healing. Don’t put Ana in a situation where she has to compete with Mercy because of course the hero that can heal and doesn’t have to aim nearly as much is gonna seem better to anyone that isn’t trying to show off. Make Ana bring something that Mercy can never bring. Let Mercy bring something that Moira can never bring. Let Moira freakin’ heal like the perfect queen she is!

Moira and Brig are their own partners. They’re an extremely resilient healer combination that can resist a dive. Moira fades away while Brig uses her self heal and stun to resist the dive.

P-Picking Ana is… not… throwing…
My best overwatch friend is a bomb Ana, and we’ve won tons of games with him SOLO-HEALING as Ana, including winning a 5v6 with the same solo-healing.

Resurrect is not a needed thing to win the game. You can win games with Moira Lucio, Moira Zen, Ana Lucio, Ana Zen, Brigitte Moira, whatever combo you like and you can destroy a team even if they have a Mercy. You need to remember that it doesn’t matter if the enemy team have “res advantage”, because you can just a) have one of your DPS be a flanker to concentrate the Mercy (if they have a Brigitte this might be a problem, in which case) b) concentrate the Mercy first in team fights, don’t give her the space to res, stuff like that.

Especially with the upcoming nerf to her HPS, you can solidly just not pick her and you won’t be at a disadvantage.

I mean, I dunno. Maybe it’s just my games. I’m always down for a support line up that doesn’t include a Mercy. :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

The problem with this idea is that there is NO ability that can outshine the ability to bring your teammates back to life at full health every 25(?) seconds. The entire idea of an ability that literally renders high skill plays useless is unhealthy in a game where skill is supposed to be heavily rewarded. A high-skill hook shot by a Widowmaker should not be able to be reversed by a Mercy pressing the E key once. That’s absolutely absurd. Low-skill abilities should not counter-act high-skill plays.

I’ll say it again. LOW-SKILL ABILITIES SHOULD NOT COUNTER-ACT HIGH-SKILL PLAYS.

#removerez

We need to revert Mercy (with removed invunerability and maybe a line of sight fix) and give Ana a few tweaks and minor buffs)

What if the coming nanoboost buff for 300HP… could rez someone with 300HP

So are we reporting OP everytime we pick Ana for false-reporting or…?

I disagree on removing Rez entirely, but overall I agree.

Moira should have never received her “bug fix,” Mercy shouldn’t have received the full rework, and Ana should have received more appropriate buffs to address her problems

This is, very simple.
Anyone who says Mercy didn’t need those nerfs isn’t paying attention to the overall health of the game.
She probably needs more, but we’ll see after the healing nerf goes through.

Mercy is:

1. the most mobile MAIN healer,
  2. the 2nd most mobile (overall) healer,
  3. the only MAIN healer who can damage boost (without an ultimate),
  4. the 2nd healer (overall) who can damage boost (without an ultimate),
  5. the only MAIN healer who can heal through barriers,
  6. the 2nd healer (overall) who can heal through barriers (Zen/Mercy only apparently)
  7. the only MAIN healer who doesn’t have to deal with ammo or a resource bar,
  8. the only Main/Overall healer with a Resurrect.

She has, too much.
That’s the only problem.

It’s not tempo-resurrect itself.
It’s the fact that tempo-resurrect amplified everything else.
Valkyrie is also extremely powerful.

“She’s really easy to kill”
So that’s why OWL teams struggled to kill a Valkyrie Mercy of relatively equal skill? Got it.

Damage Boost is extremely powerful on it’s own because NOT ONLY does it boost your damage, it results in more ultimate-charge per tick (due to the increased damage per tick). Therefore, a Valkyrie Mercy is extremely powerful using Damage Boost because she buffs her entire team’s ultimate charge gain.

Off-Healers should have utility and bonuses.
Main Healers should have superior healing and minor buffs.

The fact that Mercy has both is an issue because she outclasses everything else on her own.

3 Likes

So… here’s the only problem I have with this whole argument.

Mercy had everything listed above prior to her rework. She was not a must-pick. After her rework, she gained Tempo Rez and Valkyrie. That’s the only difference.

Valkyrie has been heavily nerfed, to the point that it’s not nearly as powerful as you state. It’s not a bad ult, but it lacks the oomph of basically every other support ult. In fact, nearly every aspect of the ult has been toned down fairly significantly, so I find it hard to believe this is making her must-pick.

On the other hand, Rez is… mostly unchanged. Yes, it’s slower, but it’s still available for more team fights than it was during Mass Rez, and its weaknesses can be circumvented by good teamplay.

Do those other things help double down? Yes, but we’ve already seen that they alone are not what makes Mercy mandatory.