🏝 Pharah needs a fun skin and a Vacation (There's always next year :c)

Pharah is going to get a vacation when the buff for Soldier, Mcree, and Bastion go to the live servers.

I can’t be bothered to read through all of these comments but I’d love Pharah’s jetpacks being designed to mock those drink hats that people wear to games.

No, Pharah is only allowed to have big bulky head-to-toe masculine military recolor armor, she isn’t allowed to have fun/casual/silly/beach skins like literally every one else already has :rage:
(/sarcasm)

3 Likes

As much as I’d love it, it’s not viable. It’d be more work than any other skin has been in the past. Her joints are the main issue. 3D animation in a short wouldn’t be hard to change the models, compared to changing 3D animation in a game. In a game every state has to transfer cleanly enough to give the illusion of smooth movement. It’d most likely be a complete overhaul over Pharah’s animations.

However, there are other ways to have a fun Pharah skin. Something like a street car style, with stickerbombed rockets and such. But casual clothes could be a nightmare for the animators.

Water jet backpack from Mario sunshine

3 Likes

Love this idea, let’s do it👌

1 Like

If you wanna get technical then it would be a little bit of work, but not as bad as you think. There would be no need to make a new rig for the model, you can transfer her current one and use as a base, would just need tiny tweaks and a bit of new weight painting, but that is the case for any new skin in the game that’s not a recolor. And if the skeleton was her default one, all her default animations would still work, they just would need to put cloth physics on flappy/hanging stuff (if any) but thats easy, it’s a one button click setup more or less.

The only real challenge would be incorporating her jetpacks and rockets being held in her shoulder pads into a new non-fullbody armor outfit, but that is more of a creative/design challenge than a technical one

Source: I’m a 3d character artist for indie games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. I’ve only barely messed with 3D models before, and I’m very inexperienced.

I stand behind this idea :alien:

Huh, gotcha.

1 Like

I agree with tc

20 characters…

I need it.

2 of my predictions have been right so far, so here’s who I say should get skins.

Genji
Pharah
Zenyatta
Roadhog
Ana
Winston

1 Like

One can only hope-

but that’s only 1 side of the problem. Id rather get nothing over a bulky armor skin, because she already has 4.

1 Like

What could she get though, She’d need something that doesnt edit her model.

Change her model, Sym literally has a skin with a headpiece and one with dragon wings. Junk has a skin with a duck head on his tire.

Her having a swimsuit skin where floaties replace her armor where her rockets are, would not change her model. Once again, go look at her security chief skin. There is a way to differentiate her body from her armor.

2 Likes

Well in all fairness, changing her model wouldnt really affect telling the difference between characters, as pharah is the only one who spends most of her time in the air.

So they could just go crazy.

But it’s not that. If minor edits to a model is a problem, why didn’t people complain about Mercy or Dva’s hair changing for their skins?

What about Syms wings for her dragon skin? The duck on Beachrats tire?

Saying “it would charge her model” is an irrelevant point since that’s the point of a legendary. As for breaking it, that’s moot too since I’ve covered what would replace every aspect of her skin, from her rockets to her wings.

2 Likes

her jetpack is now those water jets like these

1 Like

perfect. Then with surfboard wings.

1 Like