Pharah is the most beautiful woman in OverWatch

Fareeha Amari is gorges. How is it that she is so strong yet so beautiful? So confident yet bashful? She radiates beauty yet is also so bold and courageous. Her stark eyes and chiseled features are to die for. How is it that so many other women have far more “cute” skins, yet somehow Pharah just wearing a modest spacesuit haunts my dreams? Her voice is like a melody I wish to hear over and over, it’s cadence one that strums at my heart chords. I wouldn’t even consider myself someone who has a thing for less traditionally-feminine women (quite the contrary in fact) but Pharah just does things to me no other character before her has. She is so unique in her design, too, in my opinion as someone who is majoring in digital concept art. Her design, her suit’s design, is so bold. It’s unapologetic in its sharp unwavering contours, much like Fareeha and her unwavering devotion to fighting for justice. It’s a loud design that demands attention, electric blue that shoots through the atmosphere. She is a beautiful, strong, confident woman with her heart in the right place and she knows it, and she’s not afraid to be who she is. She’s not frail or to be messed with, she holds her own, and maybe that’s why I find her so alluring. She values herself and her friends and believes in herself and that exudes inner beauty, it draws me in towards her and I can’t wait to learn more about her lore and see more of what the OverWatch team has in store for her in the cosmetics department, too. I want to see more of her so badly!

And to the OverWatch design team: Thank you for capturing this lightning in a bottle. As a fan I enjoy her and love her so much. As an aspiring video game artist her design is an inspiration to me. I sincerely hope the rest of the OverWatch team loves her as much as I do. :blue_heart:

16 Likes

This has to be the best thread that i’ve ever seen in the forums.
Pharah is unique, love her lore and personality (yes, even when the people believe that she doesn’t have one) also the character is so beautiful (Dat nose :heart: and those eyes)

4 Likes

Thank you!! I could not agree more! And thank you for sharing, I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way, too! :smile:

Bashful? uh, okay . . .

What can I say? It’s subjective opinion as many others. Expect people who won’t agree with you.

A Pharah appreciation thread? I’ve found my people :rocket:

I really like her design. You can see that her rocket launcher and power armor are a homage to other arena/hero shooters and characters like Samus, Doomguy and Master Chief.
Metroid seems to be their biggest influence in her design, specially the egyptian part. Because those games, both the classic ones and the Prime series, has an egyptian inspired art murals and myths.

Her personallity is really underrated. She is one of the few that doesn’t have an over the top attitude. When the game launched the distribution of more subdued personalities and exagerated ones seemed more even. Now, with more voice lines added, they’ve made almost everybody sound like an anime archetype. That is personally really off putting, since I’m not into that.

4 Likes

I do admire and appreciate Pharah’s beauty, but to me Brigitte is best girl and nothing compares to her

2 Likes

I expect people will probably disagree, and that’s ok! I just thought I would share my thoughts and feelings. :smile:

2 Likes

She actually is! She’s super underrated and I hope we get more skins and better lore for her, even if she’s a rather rare favourite character.

Personally, it’s all about Ana over here, but I can appreciate a good Pharah too.

3 Likes

I like Brigitte too. What frustrates me is that in the Reinhardt animated short she looks really strong, like someone that trained under his and Torbs tutelage. However in game they seemed to have tonned down how strong she reallly looks.

Ana is one of favorite characters(Pharah, Ana and Reinhardt are my most played heroes). I feel like you can’t be a Pharah fan without apreciating her mother and vice-versa.

1 Like

Exactly! Her personality shows in ways that are more subtle, but it is definitely there. Like in her laugh emote where she puts on a serious face at the end. I see it as she takes her work seriously which just goes to prove how passionate she is about her work.

As for her design, I agree! (I also had forgotten about how Egyptian-inspired the Chozo were!) The similarities are very clear especially in their powersuit’s legs/ knees, and the large shoulder pads. I believe Pharah even has a cut voiceline where she says “You want me to morph into a ball?” (I hope one day it gets implemented!) I love how they made the design of her suit very unique too. The shade of blue really fits her “herioic” character. And the falcon inspiration with the sharp beak the matches her jawline. I’m glad they chose to keep her face from being completely obscured too, and let her show her face in the selection screen too. :blue_heart: I know character design creation is very much a collaborative effort, but even still I’d love to speak to one of the contributors about their design philosophy with Pharah. How they were able to put together so many elements that are traditionally not associated with reading as feminine and use them regardless to create such a clearly readable woman is beyond me!! It still blows my mind, and I love Pharah so much for it.

Also I LOVE with design when you go deeper into it, the more you find that relates. It’s almost like a multi-faceted pun of some sorts! Like how her suit is inspired by Samus which the games as you mentioned used Egyptian elements, and that Pharah herself is Egyptian too and shows that in her design, and her suit being inspired by a falcon which is seen as a very powerful symbol for justice too, and Pharah herself fighting for justice, but falcons also having very rooted mythology in Egyptian folklore from what I understand. I could go on too but that’s also just another thing I love about her!

I’m also really curious about her father and her roots in Canada, how deep they go, what her father is like and how it helped shape Fareeha, and what part did Sam play in Fareeha’s life? I wonder if she spent time at all in Canada or even knows any French? Why doesn’t she refer to same as “Dad”? I hope we get answers one day at least

2 Likes

Too bad she’s so obnoxious to anyone trying to compliment her mother.

I’m curious about her relationship with her father and her mixed heritage. Especially because his origin seems to be something they came up really latter in development.

I think you misheard her lines, because what you wrote makes no sense. Pharah is one of the most polite/formal characters. She even treat Doomfist and Moira politely, even though the first killed her coworkers and the second referes her with disdain.

The thing we get from her relationship with Ana is that she disaproved her carrer choice, that created an emotional distance between them.

3 Likes

I think you misheard her lines, because what you wrote makes no sense. Pharah is one of the most polite/formal characters. She even treat Doomfist and Moira politely, even though the first killed her coworkers and the second referes her with disdain

She’s pretty disrespectful to anyone who talks about her mother.

Could you provide examples of her being disrespectful?

Pharah’s voice interactions with Soldier and Mercy, all she tells them is that Ana being proud of her doesn’t match their relationship, beacause Ana clearly disaproved her for following her footsteps.

Pharah’s interaction with McCree all she does is compliment his aiming, and he tells her that it was her mother that helped him improve his already great aim.

2 Likes

Might as well compliment her appearance, as that’s really the only thing to like about her.

If you read op’s post, they talk about how her design complements her personality and both walk hand to hand into making her a great character.

The title could have misled you, because the op(and other users) didn’t only "compliment her appearance ".

2 Likes

I was being snide. My point is that no one would like her if she wasn’t attractive. Being fair, design is an initial appeal for most people with every character, but Pharah’s personality is almost nonexistent. The only character with less of a presence than her is Baptiste.

Both she and her faction, Helix, are in desperate need of development.

That’s not true, people like Roadhog, Torbjorn, Junkrat, old Ana and Zarya and they are not considered conventionally attractive.

This thing of saying that her personality is almost nonexistent doesn’t make any sense. A character doesn’t have to say all the time what they are all about to have a personality. If you read her comic book you can see that: she likes to put herself at test, is committed to her job and ready to sacrifice her life so inocent people aren’t hurt, blames herself for things going wrong even if it was out of her control, likes her companions but seems to keep a personal distance from them, even after losing most of her squad she has the mental fortitude to keep going, she is good at reading other people’s emotions, etc.

It also doesn’t make sense for me to say that she doesn’t have a personality given the great performance given by her voice actress. You can clearly hear how serious/formal she sounds interacting to Soldier, Ana, Doomfist, Moira and Widowmaker. But she is calm/relaxed talking with Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Mercy, Brigitte, Lúcio and McCree.(came on, she is voiced by Romi Park in the Japanese version, that woman is a legend)

I prefere them to keep her as she is. I don’t want them to give her more development seeing how bad most of the recent writing we’ve been given. Keep ignoring her Blizzard :grin:

1 Like

Those characters are all very high in personality and flavor. The only exception is maybe Ana, but I personally still find her a far more entertaining personality than Pharah. Pharah is just a generic tough military woman.

Most of those are just the traits of heroic characters in-general.

I know not every character can be bursting with personality, but Pharah just lacks that exaggerated trait or quirk that makes the other characters stand out. That doesn’t mean she can’t be a great character (we all know too much quirkiness can make for a pretty annoying character), but with the limited storytelling of Overwatch, she just doesn’t have much of a presence otherwise.

Voice acting doesn’t matter if 99% of her material focuses on the character’s sense of duty and not the character herself. Pharah is all about her duty, I get that. But that being virtually her only character trait doesn’t make for a very interesting character, especially not when surrounded by such a colorful cast.

What writing are you referring to? There’s nothing in Overwatch so bad that nothing is preferable. Certainly not any recent material, which featured very safe storytelling with not much revealed. Let’s not be silly.