Pharah is the most beautiful woman in OverWatch

Most characters in ow are one dimensional and the whole story lacks proper direction. They seems to struggle to even keep the characterisation of some heroes consistent. To single out Pharah(or like in your other post Baptiste) as generic or boring is just bias.

People like fps characters that are mute like Samus, Gordon Freeman and Doom Guy. All of which Pharah is based on. But, as I have pointed out in my previous post, she has a bunch of other characteristics that diferentiate her from these heroes, her relationship with her mother, her friendship with Torb and Rein, the fact that Talon had hurt her mother and coleagues, her position about Vishcar. If you dismiss her as “she is just heroic” or “just a generic military woman” you are ignoring a bunch of stuff.

If you compare her with Bangalore, from Apex legends, that is also someone that came from a line of decorated soldiers, worked really hard on her carrer, that also lost part of her family. She is completely different from Pharah.

If you need exageration for character to work in a cast full of colorful characters, well, she is the daughter of the second in command in Ow, she is Egyptian-Canadian, flies a power armor falcon themed and has an udjat tatooed on her face. Not all storytelling needs to be said out loud by the character, the design of the character can be the story telling.

Ow’s story is three years old and from what we got it’s pretty shallow and already showing signs of bad structure and planning. Characters story bits and are already repeating themselves and the worldbuilding is just poorly made real world allegories.
If you want proof of how mediocre it is, just read the Bastet short story. It’s more than 10 pages of characters just sitting around eating and delivering exposition, that’s one the worse way any writer could give exposition to their public.

3 Likes

I think D.Va is the most beautiful woman in Overwatch. She is my waifu.

2 Likes

Maybe because she just wants someone to acknowledge her for her own talents? Or maybe because it’s just a touchy subject, considering Ana allowed her to think she was dead for a good portion of her life, and she still feels a little betrayed.

1 Like

simetra is the most gorges in all of overwatch

2 Likes

She’s kinda hot, I’ll give her that.

1 Like

Yes she indeed is! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree! 100 percent!

3 Likes

Nah the most beautiful Women is Ana. She has the looks, she has the brains, and she has the heart.

1 Like

Pharah is Ana’s daughter, so if you think Ana is beautiful, Fareeha inherited at least half of her beauty. You know, because genes :smirk:

1 Like

Well of course. Back then before Ana was even released. I mistook Ana’s old picture with young Morrison and Gabe for Pharah. I was thinking like wow this image of Pharah is really good. And you could imagine what I felt when Ana was released.

2 Likes

justice rains from above

1 Like

Praise her beauty? Sure! Praise her design? Sure! But praise her personality… what? She barely has one, she’s one of the few characters in OW left with basically NO personality… I think it’s a bit exaggerating to say you love Pharah for her personality…

2 Likes

Buff woman hurts a flail at your face: 35 damage
Mercy/Dva clock you in the face with their pistols: 30 damage

Something dont add up!

Pharah is the best character for so many reasons.

I hope we see strong lore with her in the future and the conflicting feelings between Helix and a recalled Overwatch.

3 Likes

It’s more defensive than disrespectful.

The OP shows pretty clearly Pharah’s personality traits. If she isn’t your favorite archetype, that’s ok. But that doesn’t mean she has no personality.

I wonder if the people that keep claiming she has no personality even play her, or has listened to all her voice lines, character interactions, read her biography or her comic book.

Just because she isn’t a quirky waifu, a sassy woman or keep screaming what her character is about in every line, doesn’t make her devoid of personality.

Now, I’m just speculating, but I believe if Pharah was a dude fangirls would be gushing about how serious, but with a goofy sense of humor, commited, supportive and protective he would be. Fanboys would be talking about how he is the silent badass type, that he is determined, doesn’t flich while facing danger and has great mental fortitude.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if I wrote this thread here?

Because this seems like a thread that was tailor made for me (!)

I agree that Fareeha is the most beautiful character in all of Overwatch. She is my absolute favorite, and my main reason for buying the game.

I’ve also met her voice actress, Jen Cohn, and have become personal friends with her. And that’s enhanced and added to my love of Pharah.

I feel that Fareeha as a character has a lot of potential and that they could be doing a lot more with her, but isn’t that the case for nearly all of the characters in Overwatch?

She also strikes me as someone who could be the next Strike Commander of a newly reformed Overwatch, and who could lead them through a Second Omnic Crisis. She can also become one of the main protagonists of the universe, and a pivot point from which many stories can spring from.

Overall, I just really like Pharah. She has a lot of untapped potential, and I really hope they do eventually tap into that wellspring and create something wonderful with it.

Good post OP.

4 Likes

First she would have to actually join Overwatch . . . I don’t think they would put a new recruit in charge. It’s more likely to be one of the veterans, like Winston, Tracer or Reinhardt.

I didn’t say she’d immediately become Strike Commander, now did I?

I meant that in the sense of she’d eventually become one.

I’m sure you’ve heard of the concept of a a person getting hired at a company and becoming a new employee, then doing enough good work to get a promotion and eventually rise and make their way to the top?

Think of Todd Jones, who went from being a bag boy to the CEO of Publix. Or Ursual Burns, the current CEO of Xerox.

You can apply that same concept to Pharah here.

Fareeha has all of the qualities to become the next Strike Commander. She has combat experience and tactical nous, developed through her years in both the Egyptian military, and by being the Chief of Security at Helix.

She’s also presumably learned a valuable lesson about earning the trust and loyalty of the soldiers under her command, and not treating them as just expendable, but also recognizing their actual worth (re: the Mission Statement comic).

Plus, it’s been her dream to join Overwatch since she was a child, and she’s not as tainted with the cynicism of it that the previous members of Overwatch have.

That could give her a clearer head, and the bright eyed idealism needed to not only become a member of a newly reformed Overwatch, but to potentially lead them through a Second Omnic Crisis as well.

I just think out of all of the characters in this game, that she’s best suited for the role of being the one that leads them through a Second Omnic Crisis.

But of course, she’ll have to earn her stripes first before being merited with such an honor. (Or burdened with it.)

5 Likes

My friends thought I wrote this because sometimes it really does feel like shes one of the least appreciated characters in overwatch, this really makes me happy seeing how many more people genuinely love this character and that I was never alone in this.

5 Likes

Thank you!! I’m so glad to see more people who also love Pharah too!