Pharah Is So Boring It Hurts

It annoys me how emotionless she is, and how she is not moved in any way by anything. The quotes. The dry voice omg. Can’t stand it.

Is that supposed to be a “bada**”?

1 Like

Well, she’s pretty. At least she’s got that.

Character-wise, she’s easily the least fun/quirky of the cast; just a standard military brat you might see in any given generic FPS. That appeals to some people apparently, but you wouldn’t be off the mark calling her the most boring.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need TF2 Soldier in your life :sunglasses:

Not exactly… more like the “by the book” cop you might see in a police film. Effective and uninteresting.

1 Like

Finally someone appreciates how beautiful Fareeha is.

4 Likes

Mercy appreciates it, too.

(GENCY SHIPPERS :point_right: :door:)

3 Likes

I mean, she is a trained security officer. I don’t think they’re the chattiest bunch irl either.

Cheers, Pharahmercy shippers :beers:

1 Like

Idk i kinda like her.

Shes totally a military brat, but i like how subtle she is with her sass and confidence.

To me it shows shes 100% dedicated, but she isnt actually the wooden plank she portrays herself as.

That or im just reading really far into it.

2 Likes

Operating at maximum efficiency is always awesome to hear.

Pharah is an all business, no nonsense Security Chief.

Pharah is an interesting character that has a lot of potetial in the ow story.

Here is a good thread that some users talk about her:

(Fun to see the usual Pharah hater here, with the same lame excuse to hate on her)

1 Like

I’m not a Pharah hater. I don’t hate anybody. I think hating a fictional character is a complete waste of time.

I just think she is painfully boring. She never has anything original, moving, or slightly interesting to say. Always what is painfully obvious.

Almost every character has two or three interesting or nice voicelines. I can’t remember what is Pharah’s nice voiceline.

I think you could make a character simultaneously serious and non-boring. Like Soldier 76.

But I agree she is beautiful.

1 Like

Pharah and Zarya have very shallow personalities. At least Baptiste is cheerful and a happy chappy.

But you really should be interesting if you are an overwatch character lol

While she seems bland, her character is one of the most underdeveloped together with zen.

I hope they will expand their lore a bit in the future, and give us some more bits about their personalities, backstories, motives, goals etc.

4 Likes

Introduce her father as a character, if only since that will be the only chance for a Canadian hero.

Since they ruined Mei by changing her from her original design

She’s half first nations half egyptian.

She thought she lost her mother, only to more than an year later discover that she is alive, but doesn’t want to see her or her father. She lost half of her squad in a dangerous mission, that, according to her, it was a result of Helix not updating they systems.

She talks to Zen about her omnic teamate that prefered to take his life so he wouldn’t hurt others.
She questions Symmetra that Helix should be the ones providing security at Vishkar settlements.(Since they’ve done questionable stuff in Brazil)
When Mercy asks for protection, Pharah responds that they are better working together.(Showing her leadership)
She offers to help Tracer get a job at Helix.

About her personality, she there is a lot about it in the comic. She seems very introspective, she keeps her teammates at an arms lengh but is really good at reading their emotions, she is so focused on the mission that she ignores advice, etc.

I just think it’s unfair that only because female character isn’t quirky, sassy or a waifu, people call them boring. I bet that if she was a male character fans would be prasing how badass he is.

What you said only proves some interesting things happened to Pharah, not that Pharah is interesting herself.

Nope. I really dislike the emotionless “pseudo-bada**” trope, be it male or female. I dislike Cloud from FFVII for example. I think he is one of the most boring FF characters.

Zarya is serious and tough for example but I think she is more human than Pharah, and not as boring.

But she’s not emotionless, just introspective. She gets excited when talking about overwatch. Geeks out about her armor with Torb. Worries about peoples safety. Takes responsibility of mistakes that were out of her control. She makes puns and probably plays guitar on her spare time(since she makes the chords in her air guitar emote).

I like that her character is about someone that worked hard to achieve her dream, but in the end she didn’t got what she wanted because that’s how life is sometimes.

But I admit that her character doesn’t fit what most people expect an ow character to be. I just prefere more subtle characterization not the constant “in your face” this is what this character is about all the time, that is more common.

2 Likes

well she’s used to being an authoritary figure which makes her more stiff in her demeanor.

i’m quite pleased with her overall, i just wish her rocket launcher could look more interesting than a pringles tube.
but i mean it’s fine.

1 Like