Pharah is so much fun, plz buff her

Every single hitbox bodypart is literally smaller than Pharah’s hitbox bodyparts :slight_smile: that’s the joke I was making, what if they were equal

That’s an interesting one

Pharah is annoying in the lower ranks because dps have trouble killing her.

Not really, I don’t play her. Would 2sec be workable?

Give Pharah more dynamic movement.
This way she’s more survivable on her own and it’s also harder for Mercy to pocket and follow her, much like Echo.
Echo is pocketable, but due to her divey nature, Mercy can’t follow safely for very long or very far.

Here’s the raw numbers for each bodypart

Pharah

Echo

These were taken from:

It was only updated with Echo’s PTR values, and as you can see her head was larger than Pharah’s. Echo’s since gotten the head reduced in the May 19th update

Pharah doesn’t need buffs she is extremely strong, she just can’t be used in every scenario.

See. If they buff Pharah, then Pharmercy becomes broken right? It’s as if they buffed dry blade in some way, which would make nanoblade broken. So, we can assume that Pharah is held back by an unhealthy synergy and won’t be changed unless the synergy is tweaked

Oh no, don´t do math at me at the game forum at 1 am. at the morning. I am fine with model views on video, thanks :smiley:

Edit: fun fact is that many people just didn´t see those hitboxes and think that Echo is tiny, cause she looks tiny and don´t count space around her.

It’s been this way since launch. They’re afraid to make pharmercy strong so they kinda just do nothing for 2 year chunks at a time. Here’s all the major kit updates she’s ever gotten:

2016: fuel buff to fly forever

2018: “rework” that removed a large amount of splash damage and splash boop, gave slightly better concussive, rate of fire, and less self harm

2019: 4 entire damage added to minimum splash, increasing from 16 to 20

2020: revert of the splash damage nerf (not the boop though), self harm increased back to 40 per rocket

That’s literally it, so just going by the trend, she will get changes in 2022 so cross your fingers

Exactly my point. They’re reluctant to buff her even though she stays the biggest throwpick in the game’s history. Why? Pharmercy. Same thing with Bastion

Ope. The tables have turned.

why nerf mercy? when pharah is the problem,

she just needs to have more CD on her jetpack jump

no and thats good, we all hate junk but why do you all want a buffed flying junk? i cant lol

She had 2s at launch and it turned out to be too much of a downtime between GA usages.

1.5s is great and people have build muscle memory around it.

Also, why should Mercy be gutted more for Pharah to be good? She is already on the weaker side of supports and we don’t need to push that even more.

The problem is with Pharah being too dependent on Mercy.

They should give her shields or 50 armor (150hp 50armor) to make her more durable and give her the ability to cancel barrage with Rocket jets and lets her maintain 30% movement speed during the cast.

Mercy is not the problem, keep that in mind. The issue is that Pharah is A: too dependent on a picket. And B: too easily shut down by the hitscan heroes these days.

They are stronger than ever right now.

I think something as simple as changing 50 to 100 of her health to shields would be huge for her, she would be way less reliant on mercy and healing in general, especially for chip damage. This would allow her healers, namely mercy, to focus on the rest of the team. This would make pharah much more independent. I also think having the ability to cancel her ultimate would be nice if she finished her mission with it and doesnt want to be a floating stationary target any longer.

The toggle wont do anything.
I really dislike all the nerfs or buffs that change muscle memory

Like the charge speed for Widow and Arrow speed for Hanzo
I get that they were too strong, in this case a 1.5 cooldown for Mercy
But its best to leave them alone

Yeah right pharah should remain a niche situational pick

give her echoes movement and all the sudden she’ll become super good. The one thing holding her back is that shes easy to hit

yeah, let’s also just ignore that if u want to counter pharmercy the easiest way is by running a damage boosted hitscan. Damage boosted hitscan are so much better than a pharmercy, so if you want to improve pharah you dont do it by changing mercy, even if pharmercy seems overbearing because, guess what, a pocketted mcree will mess up a pharmercy