People hated Mass Rez because Mercy was invulnerable, now she rezzes a Tank in front of the enemy team

What exactly are you confused about? The Devs, the Pros and the overwhelming majority of the community didn’t like Mass Rez for legitimate reasons, being an unhealthy mechanic.

The moment the raid was destroyed and their leader banned together with her followers, the constant spam on the forums stopped. We still see occasional thread or two like these ones but nothing like the constant spam the forums were exposed to. The forums are a minority in the context of the whole community and even on the forums (filled predominantly with support mains), the reverts weren’t a serious force but just a loud minority that was a spamming echo chamber. The raid getting destroyed is probably one of the best spring cleaning, the forums have ever had.

4 Likes

Interesting how stats weren’t being cited consistently back then, it was ‘disheartening to play against’. However, doesn’t matter how many complain about how she’s a bit disheartening to play as at the moment as the response can often be as simple as someone citing win rate and/or pick rate as if they mean whether a hero is precisely perfect or not (sadly they don’t paint a full picture). Many appear to find current Mercy disheartening to play as, and there’s not as much discussion now because very likely many have given up trying to appeal for some improvements. That’s the spring cleaning, not just the coincidental raid done by a minority of those unhappy with the current situation.

Honestly, two sides shouldn’t be fighting each other over some either claiming they find Mercy is fun or such, with some on the other side saying the opposite. We should be trying to get something that’s reasonably mutually acceptable to many on both sides of the fence. However, given many have appeared to give up the best option is to either pick another hero such as Ana (despite whether she’s a little too strong atm or not), Widowmaker, or some other hero that the player now finds more engaging. The other option is to play another game, which personally I’ve done but still stick around on the forum in hope one day the rework and balancing process won’t feel so random.

2 Likes

One of many reasons given. I love it when you guys keep bringing this up like it’s the only reason ever for Mass Rez to be removed.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was the only reason, but it was a top reason. Don’t presume. Where in my post did I say it was the only reason? Read. My paragraph isn’t pointless, if it wasn’t a reason then it would be pointless, your lack of logic astounds me :laughing:.

1 Like

So if it’s not the only reason, your entire paragraph is pointless.

2 Likes

You mean efforts like this?

3 Likes

I agree. Let’s nerf EMP

The top reason was the desire on the part of the devs to eliminate a certain unwanted/undesirable behavior from the game

Are we still on about mass resurrection here?

Look, it encouraged counter-intuitive play. You can say you didn’t need to hide + res, and that’s fine, but you were playing Mercy sub-optimally if you did not hide + res at least sometimes.

That’s the problem.

As a Mercy player I love not having mass resurrection because I get less people hunting me down and killing me. Killing Mercy first in a teamfight used to be the win condition and it sucked lol! Now I am still hunted down of course, but it doesn’t have the same zeal as it did before

4 Likes

clarification: said leader and said followers are still here, with said leader (now former leader) returning rather recently

She using an alt account? Isn’t that against the rules? Circumventing a ban? (I think she has been banned on multiple accounts already)

1 Like

{shrug}

not my call, none of my business…just letting you know

Guess we are gonna expect another influx of Mercy thread spams. Hope Undertone and crew (haven’t seen him recently) are ready for another fight. I’ve seen you in a lot of such threads so I guess you should be able to take up the mantle if he has went to greener or better places (wouldn’t blame him) :smiley:

I will do my part also in de-mystifying myths and legends :smiley:

Undertone changed jobs and apparently the new job doesnt afford him the time/opportunity to be on the forums much

Quest is no longer here

There are still others, tho

In what dimension can you rez in front of the enemy team without getting insta stunned?

Ah, I see. Well now, it shall be up to us to valiantly defend the forums from the raids soon to come until the heroes return :smiley:

The dimension I live and play in, though I can’t say as I know its name versus other dimensions

I think i’m in the 53rd dimension, so it’s no that one…

It is certainly possible that in the version of the game run in other dimensions, Mercy gets auto-stunned when performing rez

I’d probably be playing a different character if I lived in such a dimension

she lacked an e before so it was likely that fact that was reinforcing that play style instead of staying in the mid fight.

lots of easy ways to go about fixing the few issues 1.0 had back then.

4 Likes