Patch notes out: Heavy Orisa Nerfs

Sigma probably had a longer tenure at the top than Orisa, lmao. Let alone Ram. The hate bandwagon is so insane.

Mechanical skill, youā€™re right. Overall skill, youā€™re very wrong

Overall skill Iā€™m right too. People just lost all of that skill playing Rein Zarya comps and never got good once OW2 came around

People who have never played tank beyond metal ranks often donā€™t understand the skill heroes like Rein actually take

Well, I have and do, and Rein is very easy to play both mechanically and in the game sense aspect.

Donā€™t break your shield, donā€™t charge like a dumb dumb, donā€™t waste your firestrikes, itā€™s all simple stuff

Arenā€™t you plat or diamond or something on tank?

Alright now dumpster Mauga and Hog to unplayable tier and weā€™ll really be talking

Hover between master and diamond, yes. Certainly high enough to say I know what Iā€™m talking about

iā€™m dead man when was the last time rein was actually a top tier tank

like a year ago? and it was for half a season

When you go from metal ranks to higher ranked play, you start to realize Rein is much more complex than ā€˜hold shield, donā€™t charge into the other teamā€™

Heā€™s not the most difficult, but heā€™s not easy either. Hog, Mauga, Orisa, Ram, Zarya, Sig, all take far less skill.

1 Like

Sigma doesnā€™t gatekeep half the tanks from being good unlike orisa. Sigma isnā€™t the tank people often swap to when getting tank diffed. Sigma can be countered by way more tanks than orisa.
Bonus: sigma has a skill ceiling above basement level unlike orisa

I will be honest.

Orisa getting nerfed was a foregone conclusion - every match (or match replay) iā€™ve seen, be it OWCS matches or just random folks doing QP or comp ladder, had Orisa as a main fixture. As for Venture, I had a sneaking suspicion she was going to receive some tuning but my only surprise was that she got changes this quickly after release.

Frankly, I am not surprised by the changes, I am surprised by the timing. Changing 2 heroes 2 weeks after the season started as opposed to waiting til midseason patch, especially when one of those 2 heroes just got released and the jury was still out on whether said hero would actually be a regular part of the meta (i.e. Kiriko) or be relegated to ā€œfor stomps and laughs onlyā€ status (i.e. Lifeweaver), is definitely odd.

Sigma is a go-to swap, what do you mean? Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s emonggā€™s first tank to swap to after trying to make D.Va happen. Heā€™s an incredible tank, more outright powerful than Orisa most of the time. Orisa almost never gatekeeps except when sheā€™s overtuned, like just nowā€”you literally just have to walk past her lol

Heā€™s one person. Heā€™s better at sigma than orisa so he makes that swap.

No, he makes that swap bc Sigma is more consistently valuable (historically) and matches into zarya better than Orisa.

Yeah but heā€™s Cringema just puts a shield in your face all game CC defence matrix and a shield

1 Like

That and mauga are the only matchups sigma is better in and not even by a lot. Now see Rein JQ Ram Hog. How easy is it to shutdown their entire value with orisa?
Why does orisa always need to be S tier? Sigma hasnā€™t been meta other than in S6. We have seen orisa meta in 4-5 seasons already.

True, Iā€™d be top 500 if only they removed cringema shield

Not much more is the thing. He has a shield that doesnā€™t let him attack while heā€™s using it, that limits Reinā€™s capabilities and options quite a lot which in turn makes him a simpler character to play since you just have to determine when and not to shield.

Attack when you should, donā€™t when you shouldnā€™t. The number of times you switch modes is where the skill comes in, but thatā€™s the only complex skill Rein has.

Or rather, the frequency of switching, not just the number. Frequency goes up and down, number just goes up.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™m not really sure why youā€™re looking at just one factor when itā€™s more than just that. Itā€™s not just the tank matchups. Sigma is typically better than Orisa because he can do more than her. Heā€™s almost as tanky, but he can do more than just exist on the map and bully; he can peel for his allies much more easily and much more reliably. He has a better ult. He has a barrierā€¦ in general. He has more potential for ult denial.

Orisa has pretty much never been S tier in OW2 up until very recently. Maybe a blip several seasons ago, but idk where this whole Orisa dominance thing comes from. OWL/OWWC/OWCS (the latter until recently) were all running Ram more. Hell, they were running Rein more. Almost every time the devs opened up about pickrate data, it was Sigma being used the most at high ranks, Rein at low.

Sigma has pretty much always been one of the best tanks, especially after Mauga and Ram nerfs. Lol.

Sigma gameplay loop is more fun to go up against for other tanks. Orisa is just cringe.
Orisa has been getting micro buffs for several seasons for absolutely no reason hence the hate

1 Like