Patch - Malevento is Live

Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – September 28, 2021

A new patch is now live on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

NEW MAP: MALEVENTO

• Our newest Free-For-All Map is Malevento, a peaceful Italian hilltop town with a cursed past!
  • Battle along the cliff’s edge for dominance of the majestic Duomo di Malevento. Circle your opponents beneath the mournful stone eyes of Caterina Pastore, a Renaissance painter with a tragic past, or plot the downfall of your enemies in the mysterious safe house.
  • Will you find victory in these twisting streets, or will the curse of Malevento claim you too?

BUG FIXES

Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug that caused her hair to not animate properly when using the Kneel victory pose

Winston

• Fixed a bug that caused his jump landing sound effects to be heard globally when landing on metal surfaces
2 Likes

No skin challenge :confused:
I suppose it’s finally here at least.

3 Likes

The Cree event must’ve been pushed back to OW2 then.

Finally! I am hype

Eww, just Malevento.

Not exactly unexpected but still sucks. Really does look like it’s just event skins now until OW2.

4 Likes

i dont recall cree “event” was ever tied to malevento

2 Likes

Sure, but that was the rumor.

Malavento map only, no events … this is absurd.

3 Likes

Ayoo let’s gooooooooo

We will have to endure weeks without anything until a terrifying Halloween .

Winston is too heavy so jumping on metal sounds soo loud

Also i’ve bought his gold weapon

i believe what they said was that they were planning a mccree event for september and because of the whole lawsuit it got pushed back to later in the year…if i remember correctly

1 Like

1 MONTH. 1 MONTH OF PTR.
And they can’t even include a mini event while we wait for Halloween?
This is just LAZY. And BORING.

3 Likes

Really disappointing if this is really it. No experimental, event, or 120hz mode for PS5? The game hasn’t had an experimental since beginning of August……

1 Like

Map is fun though. I like it.

Preeeetty sure they delayed the cowboy event for Malevnto’s release. I’m expecting that event to be somewhere around November 16 or November 23, assuming October is reserved for spooky month event & December is reserved for holiday month event.

New map, no skin challenge, no exp card. I’m not going to say I’m disappointed because I wasn’t expecting Bliz to do anything better than this.

Still no Genji dash bug fix or blade bug fix.

let’s go this is something we’ve all been asking for them to do since we totally needed another right right??? yea totally :confounded::confounded:

Is Malevento a Team Deathmatch map as well?