[OW2] Make Mercy Wider + 1.5sec GA

Dont take those hitboxes videos too seriously.
Many times you go in game, pick hitscan vs projectile and see that those hitboxes are not really that accurate.

Also bad idea. Hit registration should be more consistent and if we start introducing hitbox changes because X ability got nerfed/buffed … OOF. Bad trend.

If she felt the same, I’m sure they’d take it over what we got.

1 Like

This is usually because even hitscan have hitboxes that are somewhat generous compared to the visual and the slightest graze of an enemy hitbox counts as a hit.

Mercy movement and healing was perfectly fine before. Rework her dmg boost and/or rez as every agrees these are the problematic aspects of her kit.

She’s not going to feel the same when she dies from a sneeze. Mercy isn’t a support that can sit way back like Ana, she’s pretty much in the thick of it half the time if the enemy makes any attempt to dive her/whoever she’s attached to. Having under 200hp would be awful.

She would keep the heal buffs but get a HP nerf in exchange for 1.5s GA.

See here for a rough idea of how I’d rework Mercy: Pls revert GA back to 1.5 seconds - #55 by Braxbro-11131

Tbh, I think those takes are kinda dumb.

The damage boost complaint is mostly just redirecting the aggro about oneshot heroes like Sojourn/Widow/Hanzo, and pointing it at Mercy. And nerfing Mercy’s damage boost any higher than 2.5%, would still allow for that Sojourn oneshot. So it’s pretty disingenuous.

And Rez, for how rarely it gets used per game is literally the only defence this game has against oneshots. And oneshots already have too little counterplay.

Aka, “Hard Nerf Sojourn/Widow/Hanzo, before we even begin to consider changing Damage Boost, and Rez”.

I actually think any non-ult damage boost will be problematic… possibly with the exception of fixed location deployables, like a mini Amp Matrix… and even the ultimate damage boosts should be closely re-examined due to their wonky effects on breakpoints, personally.

Hence why my personal mercy changes remove dboost and make it increase ult gain instead.

Sure, one-shots are a bigger problem, but damage boost will become the biggest problem (kind of already is, with Zen) once that problem is addressed.

It is a legit complaint. Certain dmg thresholds cannot be crossed because of the threat of dmg boost. Even someone like Pharah has to be left in a poor state because any buff she gets can make her oppressive when paired with mercy.

You can balance both though. One shots for heroes like hanzo/junkrat are ok imo because they require some risk. Hog was just rebalanaced. Widow one shot is still strong but the hp nerf makes her more counterable.

The way I see it, damage boosted sustained damage, is not really that much different than having a Baptiste and DPS both shooting the enemy. Instead of a Mercy boosting and a DPS shooting.

And there’s a heck of a lot more counterplay to sustained damage in this game, with tons of mobility cooldowns, defensive cooldowns, healing and peeling options.

Either way, let’s nerf the crap out of Widow/Sojourn/Hanzo first, then have that discussion later, when it’s more clear.

To be fair, it’s a lot easier to tell if two people are shooting at you than if one person is spraying at you w/ a damage boost, especially if the Mercy is behind cover.

That’s just a player gamesense issue at that point. Assuming the glowing blue beam effect wasn’t obvious enough.

Or if they press tab, and can see a Mercy on the enemy team, and be ready for that with their defensive/mobility cooldowns, and positioning.

A split-second to react is a heck of a lot more time than zero-seconds.

Yes and no. I was particularly talking cases where the damage beam is largely hidden. The audio cue and visual cue can be really subtle on some heroes.

Speaking of which as we are in the topic of beams here-

If they plan to keep the amplified healing below 50% they gotta change the beam.

I’m talking like Sym’s or Zarya’s. Making is bigger and brighter, and maybe even attach sound.

There three reasons for this

1. So the Mercy knows when there’s amplified healing.
  2. So her target knows they are taking amplified healing and should probably not abuse it/use cover.
  3. The enemy team can recognize and clearly comprehend that Mercy is pocketing their target. (Mostly to help lower ElOs here but still important.)

I could see a more obvious visual for the boosted heal being good, yeah. Nice thought.

1 Like

Reasonable, would be a solid QoL thing.

I just think they are so strapped on getting the basics figured out that polishing is way down on the priority list.

1 Like

i want faster projectiles is what i want

i want projectile dps to not be garbage until they get 3 buffs then nerfed when everyone hates them after a month

The hit boxes are bigger cause of the fast paced nature of the game theirs a few hit boxes such as reapers head zaryas head and zens head/ body and crees head/body that needs reducing aswell as orisas javelin but other than that the games hit boxes are mostly fine

im hoping something like this gets implemented, because i feel like it would be a good way to address the issues of high survivability on mercy without lowering one of her skill caps (interesting and effective movement) and giving her an even lower APM than she already has. my biggest issue with the CD nerf has been that it kind of took her past my own threshold for interesting gameplay. and as a dva main i dont feel particularly empowered to kill her with these movement nerfs…

this is probably also better than reducing hp, because it lets players of all calibers hit her more easily with consistent damage, which it sounds like was the pain point for playing against mercy

So you’re saying to make Mercy thicker?

Alright, I’ll listen.