OW2 isn't what I bought

I don’t think I need to. When a game is replaced with an update, it’s called an update.

Saying, “this is a completely different game,” is maybe something YOU might want to take up with them? I don’t know where the line is, I felt like RQ was a completely different game, but, I guess YOU can decide. At any rate, I can still play the current version of overwatch.

Why would I want to take it up with them?

I don’t have any dispute with them as to whether it’s a sequel or not.

It seems you’re the one with the dispute as to whether or not it constitutes a sequel.

They’ve branded it as and are pitching it as a sequel so I’ll go with that.

I don’t care what they call this current version of the game. They didn’t take away overwatch, they just replaced it with “OW2.” It’s a big update, yes, but I couldn’t care less what they call it. I can still play the game, so, I’m happy.

Then that’s a dispute you can take up with them. I don’t need to debate that with you.

That’s great but unfortunately this isn’t all about you. Many players are unhappy and justifiably so.

There’s no debate. When you update a game, whether you call it “OW2” or OW v2.0, it’s still just an update, lol

Leaving OW1, and making OW2 a separate game, would be a sequel.

In your opinion but not in the developers’ opinion. Take it up with them, not me.

…there’s no reason to do that. They know that. They even said, “we are redefining the term sequel”

Anyways, have a good night or day, lol

Blizzard was actually giving refunds to people right before OW2 started. But by now it’s probably too late.

That’s nice but it’s called Overwatch 2, not overwatch 1.5, 1.9, etc.

They see this as a sequel.

Oh so you bought OW 1! Okay!

Ok, I didn’t initially understand you meant the broken OP Brig from her release date.
But I already stated that stat-wise objective OP heroes would be Pay2Win in my book. So in case of Release Brig we could go on a limb and say that sure - she would qualify as such under Premium BP circumstances.
Still that point is kinda irrelevant to the actual discussion for several reasons:

1. We are talking about Kiriko as of now. Not anything the likes of Release Brig or Release McCree for instance. Even if they dominated in Comp, they were not hidden behind a paywall. Kiriko to a certain degree is, but she is not in the same league of “broken launch heroes” that they were.
  2. Sure, all release heroes are a bit OP to make them sell better, but thats more attributed to balance issues that will eventually get ironed out (like JQ was before release even) and not the malicious intent in making them insta-win heroes for paying customers. We don’t know yet how the new Tank will turn out, so lets burn that bridge when we cross it, not before.
    Its no sense talking about the idea that a character to which you gain an instant access because of your wallet is a P2W hero (which it can be, depending on how they create him) if the actual hero we got this season is not.
  3. I consider true P2W OP heroes would stay like that for longer if not for ever, but most such heroes get nerfed sooner rather than later - going by Brigs example she was nerfed so much she barely finds use anymore, especially without the stun. I would totally expect them to release an OP hero on purpose and not because the devs are notoriously bad at balancing this game…
  4. Even if Kiriko was OP (which is simply not true) she was banned from Comp Ranks for 2 weeks which is more than enough time to unlock her by leveling up. If you can’t because of time constraints or such its tough for you, but looking at it from a different perspectuive - these are simply excuses and Blizzard doesn’t owe you anything for not being able to play their game for 2 weeks. Although having said that I agree she could be unlocked sooner (10 lvls?)… hope this will be adressed in the next season.
  5. 2 weeks is also ample time to test her by players, so that Blizz could nerf her if she truly was OP. Again, going by JQ’s example, she didn’t even last that long. She came out in a nerfed state after people complained on her in the Beta.

Still - as of yet - OW2 is not a Pay2Win game.

Yeah I’m done with this junk as well. Activision isn’t getting another penny from me.

1 Like

did you read the contract or did you just clicked accept?
im assuming the latter

:nerd_face:

doesn’t change anything tho, they took away the license and replaced it with something worse

Its their right to do so

I didn’t buy OW2 either; it was free.

this makes me think of Wildstar ( yall remember that game? ) and how i felt when it died :frowning:

Again, I can literally see the data.

You keep saying: “She was being used all the time!” but the data does not show that, and the League is literally tracking her use and the use of every other hero.

Well too bad, cause you ain’t getting either and you ain’t entitled to either. So what a big waste of time this whole thread was am I right?

except that was all the same game. they literally market this as a sequel, a new game. so its different

1 Like