OW2 isn't what I bought

I would first like to say that I gave it a chance. I put some time in attempting to play this next piece of activision junk. I would like my money back or OW1 back. This game is not what I bought. I am sure somewhere in your legal mumbo jumbo you are covered but this is insane. I paid for something and you took it from me. I enjoyed OW1, it had it’s problems but this game is nowhere near ready to be played. SMASH a team one game then get obliterated the next. Over and over again we allow you to pull your little tricks on us. I am fed up. You have stolen from loyal fans and wonder why you went from being the fan favorite amongst game development companies to a joke. Hell, yall can’t even keep staff anymore. Please contact me with my refund.

54 Likes

You are correct that, in the “legal mumbo jumbo”, Blizzard are covered with their removal of Overwatch from being online.

Basically, what you paid for with Overwatch was a licence to play the game for as long as Blizzard deemed to keep it online. They chose to take it offline and so the licence you purchased is no longer applicable.

Sucks, I know, but those’re the facts.

14 Likes

I love this “legal mumbo jumbo” phrase, so accurate

4 Likes

This is what you get when everyone wants a faster queue time. Huge skill gap and “5v5 has more carry potential” crap. I’d rather have quality than quantity.

4 Likes

You’re not getting your money back, and Overwatch 1 is gone, never to return.

You’ll need to live with that.

Of course ow2 isn’t what you bought. It’s a free game.

11 Likes

You didnt buy overwatch 1 just a licenze to play it ffs

3 Likes

never claimed to have bought it either

OP bought OW1 and is upset that it’s gone now

3 Likes

Too bad? It’s a live service game. The game I bought had Support Symmetra and Scatter arrow Hanzo. I didn’t get a refund because they reworked heroes or released balance patches or added new maps or changed the meta. Things change.

Double Shield OW and GOATs OW was not at all the same game as og Dive Overwatch. The game started with No Hero Limits and adding them drastically changed it. OW has changed so much throughout time. This is such a poor argument.

3 Likes

Yeah I bought pants 6 years ago and they are NOT the pants I bought anymore. I bought black pants with no holes in them, now they’re gray pants with holes. I tried returning them but they called me stupid and told me to leave so now I’m suing.

3 Likes

Terms and conditions. Only read through them once in my life with my mum at the age of 9 when she was registering me to play super hero squad online as my first mmo game.

2 Likes

Yeah all this legal mumbo jumbo is horrid.

The game I paid for 6 years ago got an UPDATE?! WTF!!!
they made X change which I don’t like therefore it is a SCAM.

My lawyer Saul Goodman will be in touch!
BOBBY YOU ARE GOING DOWN!!!

5 Likes

I play OW1 everyday since release, now, with OW2, after some hours in the initial day… i don’t play anymore…

They took away my fav FPS game in ages…

6 Likes

The worst part is that this is the first time they do something like that. All their previous games continues to exists except OW1 that got turned into p2w garbage.

5 Likes

No they did not as stated several times in the forums. And if people would start reading ToS, before they hit accept and buy, they’d know that. They bought a license to use the software. They have no legal claims to make here.

Yeah no, it’s literally not the first time.

Warcraft 3: Reforged comes to mind.

And no, OW2 is not ‘pay to win’ at all. People throwing that term around have no idea what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Ok, that one too and people were even more pissed.

And OW2 is a p2w as long as it is possible to buy instant access to the new heroes.

3 Likes

When online games are shut down, they don’t just hand out refunds, lol.

And you can still play overwatch, it’s just updated, in apparently a way that you don’t like.

Except it is not a shut down if OW2 is the same game but made to be worse.

1 Like

Again, people who make that claim have no idea what they’re talking about.

What makes a game pay to win has always been clear. For a game to qualify it must have advantages that can only be purchased in the store. Meaning the easiest way to get stronger than everyone else is by opening your wallet.

So when you play a game that allows you to purchase the best gear in the store with real $$ (or their in-game currency that is used in the store) then that is a pay to win game.

If there is no advantage gained, then there is no pay to win element.

Kiriko provides no advantages over any other support in Overwatch 2. In fact, many supports straight up outperform her and she can be countered extremely easily by many of the heroes that already exist for free. Sombra and Genji can absolutely massacre her. The same is true for Ramattra, he provides no counters or advantages that other champions don’t already provide themselves. He can also be easily countered by a number of the free heroes that are available in Overwatch 2, so he can’t lord over everyone until another Ramattra comes along to knock him off his perch.

And more importantly, Kiriko is available for free, and Ramattra will be also. Even post-season Kiriko will be unlocked via challenges, so you’re not required or forced to open your wallet to keep up with other players.