OW2 isn't what I bought

This is untrue. She has better synergy with some Heroes than the other support Heroes might. By this fact alone she can give you an advantage.

…those are completely different things. If you can’t understand that, well. I’m not going to sit here and explain it to you, lol.

It’s the same principle.

You can no longer play the games on Google stadia. You can no longer play OW1.

“this game needs updates and changes” “wtf this is not what I paid for”

1 Like

It’s not at all the same. Stadia is not making these games. They are not shut down. You can just no longer access them through stadia. Why do I need to explain this to you? I’m not going to.

No, she really doesn’t.

She does more damage than healing compared to other champions. The only thing she really has going for her, is her mobility, which makes her useful if you’re playing with other high mobility champions, like Hanzo, Genji and Lucio.

Which is not saying she’s bad, far from it, but she’s not overpowered or providing any unobtainable advantage that other heroes can’t also provide. Hell, I rarely see her get picked as support in most games I play. I see plenty of Lucios, Baptiste, Moira and Zenyatta, but hardly anyone playing Kiriko.

Hell I’ve seen more people playing Mercy than playing Kiriko.

Except that’s completely false.

There are games that are exclusively on the Google stadia platform and are indeed being shut down. You can no longer access them at all.

Have you not been watching the overwatch league or overwatch contenders?

There’s a reason she’s run in every single match.

Regardless, even if Stadia wasn’t shutting down, Overwatch 1 would still not be playable because it would have been updated to Overwatch 2 along with every other platform.

I’m not sure how this relates to the point I was making regarding refunds.

“Stadia Pro subscriptions are not eligible for refund , however you will be able to continue playing your games in Pro without further charges .”

Regardless, to ask for a refund to OW1, is ridiculous.

Seems like you didn’t understand that statement at all.

Literally all that is saying is that if you had a stadia Pro subscription then you will continue to have it until Jan 2023. Nothing to do with the actual games themselves being unplayable beyond that point.

Yeah because I wasn’t dumb enough to buy stadia, lol.

I don’t know what that service is. But, MANY online games have shut down. And when you bought a license to play OW1, you probably realized that at some point it would shut down.

And that’s completely ignoring the fact that it didn’t really shut down, it was just updated to OW2, lol.

Yeah that shut down after the player base has died. Wasn’t the case here.

You can debate whether OW2 is a new game or not but I’m not going to take up that debate with you, since the developers themselves are calling it a new game.

She’s hard meta in high ranks.

2 Likes

No. It shut down because they didn’t have enough players buy it. Seems like the same thing to me, lol.

You’re getting confused again.

I’m talking about the “MANY” online games that you mentioned.

Well, I AM confused. Stadia shut down because it was a failed service that didn’t get enough customers. “Many” online games have shut down because they lost their player bases over time.

You claim these are the same thing. So, yes, I am confused.

According to this::

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/statslab

And only looking at the 2022 season, Kiriko is being used in 7% of all overall matches. The list of support players in order of popularity are:

1. Lucio (58.8%)
  2. Ana (50%)
  3. Brigitte (36.3%)
  4. Zenyatta (28.3%)
  5. Baptiste (16.2%)
  6. Kiriko (7%)
  7. Moira (2%)
  8. Mercy (1.1%)

Overwatch had a more than sufficient player base to continue having matches, so the argument that this justified a shutdown doesn’t hold up.