OW2 is just a more fun game

In which universe?

12 Likes

If I wanted to play a frenetic run and gun shooter Id play COD.
If I wanted a chaotic shooter Id play Battlefield.
If I wanted an arena shooter Id probably play Halo.
When I wanted to play a shooter that has heavy emphasys in teamwork I played ow1.

Ow2 feels like a mix bettween the incredibly imbalance of a moba, without any RPG elements, and a seizure.

7 Likes

Damn, you sure showed me.

ā€œI disagreeā€

ā€œLet me change a single character in what you said and direct it back at youā€

You really are a vegetable. At least vegetables can push through the soil as they grow. You canā€™t even push through the idea that youā€™re delusional.

7 Likes

Not exactly. OW from 2019 to 2022 was a completely different game from 2016 OW. On par to comparing late OW1 to OW2. Most people liked classic OW and not the role queue/barrier era. Overwatch has always been undergoing a decline in quality.

OW2 failed in many regards to fix the actual problems with the game. Once again, creating more issues instead of resolving them. The playerbase shrinking further even during this f2p era will reflect this, despite posts like yours trying to save the hype.

2 Likes

I sure did :smiley:

Look, I did it again :smiley:

I was being respectful when I said I disagree, because weā€™re each allowed to have our opinions. But once you went the whole scorched earth ā€œthe people who think OW2 is better are some ultra-biased, lying to themselves, narrow minded, depth lacking, small picture seeing, tunnel visioning vegetablesā€ I couldnā€™t help but fix your comment for you :slight_smile:

There are, also, a lot of people who share OPā€™s opinion.

ā€œMostā€? ā€œMostā€ has a definitive quality to it and ā€œlikedā€ is too subjective that we lack the hard data to back up this premise. There were shareholder reports stating that active user numbers for OW have plummeted drastically in 2018, a full year before Role Queue was implemented. Was it because of Goats and lol5dps, as many are wont to baselessly claim, or simple player fatigue with people moving on to other cool games coming out on the market? We donā€™t know, but we do know that it was not this:

Such a display of brilliance and excellency. I applaud your efforts but will happily continue considering your point of view as asinine.

Sure.

The fact that Blizzard managed to upset this many people and completely put them off the game means theyā€™ve screwed up badly. We donā€™t yet know what things are going to look like by the end of next year. I am of course not feeling very positive about the situation and expect Blizzard to continue doing things that are completely disconnected from reality, along with a large amount of people to continuing to leave.

Guess weā€™ll see. 感( ā–”, ā–” )意

4 Likes

The game is one of the best games out there. They just really suck in terms of balance, monetization and progression.

2 Likes

nah, ow1 was way betterā€¦

10 Likes

Good to see youā€™re still being paid bro.
Anyway, OW1 had nowhere near as many daily complaints about TONS of things.
But hey coping is free lol.

10 Likes

Why do you have to be toxic? If someone doesnā€™t agree with your opinion on the game then just be polite about it. I look at a comment like this and it just sucks that people have to act like this.

2 Likes

Likewise friend, likewise.

1 Like

The universe that has better queue times, more players, more viewership, etc. I get you donā€™t like OW2 and thatā€™s ok. But youā€™re delusional if you think the game is failing rn.

yeah and thatā€™s kinda my point. The game has a lot of problems. But itā€™s still a fun game and thatā€™s pretty much what really matters.

1 Like

When you begin your comment with an outright lie, it kinda gives your following statement a lot less credibility. Thatā€™s good to know for us readers though.

Compare the sheer amount of players this game used to retain and overwatchā€™s former reputation. Now compare that to Overwatch since role queue when the game became a shadow of its former self. From 20 million peak active players to less than a million active players. The data is there and the difference is too great to dismiss. You canā€™t blame those numbers on fortnite.

It was all those things. But of course most were symptoms of the game being managed horribly. GOATS, 4+dps, fatigue, seeking better games, etc all stemmed from OW leadership failing to balance their game. The devs wasted time and resources on OWL or making OW2 instead of prioritizing the live service game. And whenever they did attempt to ā€œbalanceā€ they missed the actual issues causing unnecessary powercreep, or released problematic new heroes and reworks. Thus making the game progressively worse.

Yes the sheer difference in player numbers suggests that role queue and 2019+ era heroes were harmful to the game.

No. It really doesnā€™t. The game is in the most borderline unplayable state its ever been in. The only other time I put down the game this quickly was during the couple of days where Bastion had damage reduction.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know about that chief. It was a massive downgrade that killed off millions of players.

1 Like

All of those things are significantly worse in OW2 compared to 2016-2018 OW.

4 Likes

Lolā€¦the whole ā€œearly accessā€ thing has been scrapped ages ago. It was used once during announcement and was never ever used again.

Nice copium though thinking the game will actually change from what it is right now.

Where are those more players that you are talking about?
viewership only jumps up when there are drops.

1 Like