OW2 in a nutshel? (from a support player perspective)

No, it no longer stuns, instead, it does 40 damage. At least, that’s what was said from the Pros that played her in OW2.

OW2 is all about DPS being the stars of the show and having fun.
Healers are just there to keep them up and cheer at the end!
The solo tank is just a fat slow dps with low impact that got in because of the lower queues.

How?? Every support on ladder is great in certain comps. Only one a bit lacking is moira. Unless you mean not adding more supports, in which case no role has been getting heroes, so.

Honestly OW2 balances and changes look like a total pile of turds… They are ruining the game and have been ever since they made role locks

1 Like

Exactly this. it´s literaly the smallest rooster in the game. Look, how many heroes has dps rooster, how many choices…also remember, when Echo was meant to be support?

1 Like

I’m extremely concerned for the game. So far, it’s all going downhill for tank and support players.

1 Like

I remember certain parts of the community assuming echo would be a support without blizz ever saying she would be. Only later did we find out they tried her as a support; but decided on her being a dps. And post launch we have been given 3 tanks, 4 dps, and 4 supports. So just as many there.

At least they all fill a role with only 1 being lacking, way more dps are lacking than supports. I don’t think they have been neglected at all.

You just don´t get it…
With 7 heroes - if you don´t like to play 2 of them, one is taken by other support and one or two are always weak/ bad for the certain map/team comp, you don´t have much left to choose from. It can get pretty boring…
(and I am talking about QP where I don´t care about meta)

Of course they cannot currently do that and that is the point. Everything you just described about OW1 healing is how OW2 healing works. What you simply do not realize is not nerf healing would be the same as going, on the live game, we are increasing all healing by 20%.

Let’s just use that as context. If you increased healing by 20% on the live game what do you think would happen to fights. You would either die to snipers or to nothing. That is the situation that would exist in OW2 without a global healing nerf. Overall damage in OW2 is going DOWN. If you think it is going up you are simply wrong. Tanks do as much, usually more, damage than a DPS and you are losing one of them. Damage is 100% going down. With the loss of a tank and new tank passive, the amount of ults per game (from a non support) is 100% going DOWN which further pushes damage down.

So if damage is going down overall healing would therefore need to also go down to compensate. If you honestly play Tank, then you should realize as you holding those Gold/Silver damage medals that if you did not exist there would be a LOT less damage to heal.

Not true, there’s that one Bastion skin with the rooster Ganymede.

3 Likes

I hope they’re still sticking with the pve story aspect of overwatch 2, cause that’s all I’m playing it for. These new changes show that blizzard doesn’t care about healers in any of their games, but then again it seems like most games don’t like healers.

2 Likes

New characters.
Assuming that there are 2 - 3 new supports, at least one is going to be designed with the new 5v5 system in mind from day 0 and probably is going to feel more at home.

Although, if I’m being honest, beyond Mercy and Brig, the other characters I don’t think are going to suffer from anything. And Bring is probably going to have a new hability to compensate the one she lost.
Yeah, there is that healing nerf while on fights, but I see that as a good thing.

Heal tuned down is a big of a deal - specialy in player base with mentality, that see support as healbots. We know, they are going to be crippled, but we don´t know, what they will get instead…so yes, I am concerned.

2 Likes

I see that as Tank-DPS problem.
The game is going to have way lower TTK thanks to more DPS and less healing at the same time.
Players are going to face that fact the instant that they explode while being healed by two mains support at the same time.

It is going to require a different playstyle than current OW.

“My healing output on fight now is this. Expect to die on team fights. Now that you know that, you do you”

My guess is that supports are going to shift a little more to dps.

Edit: My only question is “What do they have planned for Mercy?”
I see the general healing nerf as a good thing, but even I understand that Mercy is not going to be a enjoyable character to use if everyone dies quickly now.

All I can see now is even more “where are my heals???” whiners…

3 Likes

Oh, I’m looking forward to that.

It’s really interesting answering to those players.

In my experience, they stay silent (boring), tilt (funny, with extra points the more they tilt) or understand that everything explodes in the game and are chill after that (really fun because now the team, having accepted their fate, laughs and enjoy the game even if it’s a lose)

The moment people start playing natural cover (which they will, due to being 5v5) you will realise how HARD can be to kill a support that knows how to dodge, hide and “wiggle” with that passive regen.

That change is INSANE. Not as good as the one tanks have but its brutal.

I’m pretty sure Geoff Goodman was saying the other day that it’s unlikely that the healing change will make it to the final game, it was just something they were experimenting with. People really out here all doom and gloom about a game that is still many months away and is subject to change.

That´s the first time I hear such thing. Also, don´t be surprised, that people are worried. From what I have seen yet, this game will get worse for me, while other roles, mains get pretty exciting news.

3 Likes

The old lie.
Usual ‘dps bad, tank/support good’ mentality.
We DPS players should quit the game due to the abuse we get from GOATs elitists like this OP.