OW2 Early Build comes in April 2022! OWL S5 starts with it

Awwwww…but she’s all sweet and nice, with a deep evil hiding beneath the surface.

2 Likes

That´s ok - I mean credits to buy new event skins. Right now, I think I got 20k or 30k - I will buy every single new item, that will drop till OW2, so credits from boxes would be fine…or maybe I could save up boxes to OW2?

She is annoying as hell… Do you know that thing, when you hate or love person for no reason - it just happens? That´s how I hate her xD

2 Likes

There may be one MAJOR issue. Sponsors are leaving the league faster than the league can get new ones to help prop them up. No sponsors means the league will likely be dropped like a molten core.

1 Like

And new ones will quickly take their place. Probably during the offseason once the current story dies down. This is sadly not the first time scandal has plagued a league like this and the PR cycle is always:

1. Sponsors drop
  2. Time passes
  3. New sponsors, and some old sponsors, sign on and everything continues as before
3 Likes

For the sake of the league I hope you are correct. Only time will tell.

2 Likes

Who gives a Sh** about what owl gets to play and when… Its a matter of when the 99.99999999999999% of the players will get to play.

2 Likes

Well, and I am assuming you mean 99.9…9%, if OWL is being played on an OW2 build that means that an OW2 build with OWL is available and that either a beta has been out or is launching right then because once the OWL players are practicing on it there is no point to really not putting it out on beta because that means that numbers are all that remain to fix and they would want those tuned as quickly as possible.

2 Likes

Heck yeah!

I’m hyped again.

2 Likes

April?

WOOP WOOP! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a safe expectation at all. The build could simply be locked to the existing OW1 heroes.

5 Likes

Not a quick buck out of OWL, they need the game pushed because they’re getting pressured from all over the place. Players, OWL team leaders/owners, Activision higher ups and investors. The game won’t be a broken rushed mess, it’ll be released in a state where its already playable but content will be added as time goes to avoid stalling it for way longer.

3 Likes

“Early build” Does this maybe mean we’ll have a playable beta at that time?

2 Likes

Can’t wait to dance on OWL’s grave when it finally croaks.

OWL players will now get balance decisions solely around them making the ladder PvP a sterile and dull experience with heroes permanently in the trashbin since they can be OP on OWL.

That was my thought exactly. Perhaps so they can focus on the reworks of established heroes while slowly revealing the new heroes leading up to ow2’s full release.

1 Like

F in chat for the pro tank players

1 Like

I hope this follows us players getting to play said early build of OW2

2 Likes

might as well be 4v4 with how passive tanks have to play

That would not really work. Heroes and balance do not exist in a vacuum. It would a TON of wasted effort to balance around the current 32 heroes knowing that all of it is pointless the moment you launch the other 10 because you need to redo EVERYTHING.

3 Likes

Overwatch league still exists?

3 Likes

Can’t wait for a rushed game where players have to play test the whole thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Very much so.

Actiblizz prioritising esports instead of the majority of it’s playerbase though, very typical. Probably throw a few key features under the buss for later development so they can get their esports portion ready.

Lemme guess, only streamers will get early access keys too.