OW2 Early Build comes in April 2022! OWL S5 starts with it

You too, great job to the community manager.

2 Likes

Maybe not all. Saving at least one or two to be revealed DURING the first matches at OWL would be an easy way to both build hype and draw in viewers.

1 Like

Wonder if this means the entire OW playerbase will get a PVP update too.

1 Like

Don’t worry guys, its just going to be an april fools joke :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OW2 (and probably Diablo IV) will be the focus of Blizzconline. I would expect at least some new heroes to be announced there and those ones will be playable.

2 Likes

That article was such obvious doomer nonsense :rofl:

4 Likes

It was clickbait designed to appeal to a certain demographic and then get a bunch of people talking about it and thus getting it more views. It did exactly what it was supposed to do.

2 Likes

-Passive
-Winston

Choose one

1 Like

Seems like they’re picking up the pace. Well, there’s no other way for OW to survive other than releasing OW2 earlier. Just hope it wont turn into a Cyberpunk fiasco again.

2 Likes

Sounds like a Blizzard thing Ngl

3 Likes

As someone who had to watch other people play overwatch up to its launch, it very much is lmao. Not sure why people expect that owl playing early absolutely means we will as well.

1 Like

It doesn’t, nor should anyone interpret it that way. It’s made clear that OWL will play on an “early build” meaning within arm’s reach of production. This tells me that past that will be likely 3-6 months before public release with a beta period in between. Anyone thinking the game is going live by say June is in for a big surprise. I honestly do not expect a public release until November 2022.

1 Like

oh perhaps but people seems to think the beta will be easily accessible or something. Which, perhaps outside a near-release promo “beta”, i think is insanely unlikely.

2 Likes

Anyone else think this wreaks of “let’s rush out something not ready to get people to stop talking about you-know-what?”

1 Like

Nah, if you’ve followed the news the past few days, the OW league team managers were getting antsy over loss of sponsors, viewers and Blizz, fearing them leaving is pushing forward OW2 to keep them on-board.

1 Like

Completely and revealing it via OWL is to pump up viewership for OWL.

1 Like

i’m…not excited…and thats sad :confused: :pensive:

2 Likes

Thats depressing. I’d hope OWL would have disbanded by now

5 Likes

i must to admit , im so confuse.
for A reason , let owl se5 play with ow2 balance , 5vs5, heros rework, mabye even the new heros (cuz obs they are part of the 5vs5 balance).

for reason B , i have feeling they will talk only about the the PvP, but i as get it , The new heros are connect to the new big story ow2 include , so anyway pvp and pve is tied to each it other, that’s what it looks like.

so im still confuse, it will be great to hear the new team of ow2 tallking about thier plan, mostly for us . the casual players.

Im okay if they’re dripfeeding the PvE content. Starting with 3 stories then adding the rest slowly to keep the players hyped for the rest.