OW2 Early Build comes in April 2022! OWL S5 starts with it

Early build though. OWL S5 will launch on it.

EDIT: There is a full article from another OWL reporter with the same source. Jon Spector liked one of his tweets from before, its in my replies below.

33 Likes

April for OW2? That’s very early, I was expecting Jun or something.

6 Likes

In retrospect, OWL being the first ones to play OW2, even as a beta/early build, should have been obvious.

13 Likes

Better news than delayed OWL because of late OW2 release.

7 Likes

Sounds like a “my uncle works at ___________” kind of information to me… :man_shrugging:.

5 Likes

It would make for an interesting season though if the pros have to improvize on spot for the pre season.

2 Likes

man when it finally comes around and the OWL hating people see OWL playing OW2 before they can, the salt mines will be bountiful.

3 Likes

Liz Richardson is an extremely reliable source who reports on OWL all the time. Washington Justice wouldn’t have responded to her like that if that weren’t the case.

19 Likes

All i know is i pulled out my stock for blizzard with the latest controversy giving me a huge loss and no sign of ow2 or d4 coming anytime soon to fix that. As a former shareholder this is good news for me so i know when i recover my losses now xD

3 Likes

Imagine if only OWL would get OW2 and rest of players will wait year or two more.

16 Likes

I true? Big! If not true, just more disappointment for the pile.

1 Like

except that i read wednesday that they were helding a meeting with OWL team leaders and OW team on thursday which was yesterday and this comes out today so its legit.

4 Likes

They said the same thing about Bloomberg mounths ago and the result was the whole Switch Pro fiasco.

I don’t trust leakers and their “reliable sources” and I have reasons for it…

1 Like

The 1st of April ?

2 Likes

It’s actually quite smart to launch it through OWL.

It will build excitement for those that will buy it anyway and might bring more viewership to OWL.

4 Likes

Not only might but twitch will most likely be willing to raise the price and hold the transmission rights and buy them back from YT if thats the case which will be amazing for views. I could see OWL hitting 200k easily from this.

2 Likes

wait, REALLY?!?! AW HELL YEAH

2 Likes

So we will have archives in march again :thinking:

3 Likes

Correct me if im wrong but i remember OWL making a 2 years deal with YT Gaming so if thats true then it will expire anyway.

1 Like

What does exactly means " early build" for new maps and heroes?

2 Likes