You MUST CRUNCH to release Overwatch 2 BY 2022

Blizzcon &/and OW2/Two/II
Canned

•Blizz has a taste of there own medicine
•Does this mean more support for OW/Overwatch
•Can kiss the Preorder OW2/Two/II/Overwatch 2/Two/II gud bye
•Shows how corrupt

Totally fake, stop spreading fake news.

I’m freaking out because I remember Warcraft 3 Reforged and the whole situation behind that. If that game would’ve never happened I wouldn’t be as scared for the game tbh.

The lesson from Reforged is to not rush the game and not crunch. Let them take their time and if they do the game will be good.

1 Like

Yes, well good thing Blizzard isn’t a factory. Bring quality of life up, not down.

This has to be satire, right?

Like… You’re joking?

No one is this much of a cartoon villain and wants to be taken seriously, or is it just that everything is so much stupider now that I can’t tell the difference???

Baffling.

No crunching, ever. Just no. Absolutely reprehensible way to make people work. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You know what, folks, I changed my mind. Activision better just cancel Overwatch 2. Savage whatever assets are left and turn them into expansions of Overwatch. This sequel is failed.

That’s your opinion.

It won’t change anyways, OW2 was always an expansion rather than a sequel. Other people seems insistent to call it that to the point Blizz has to call it a sequel.

OW2 has always been a sequel vs an expansion based on 30 years of industry definition of a sequel. Its only really the people who do not know what a sequel is or people who seem to want anti consumer practices who insist on calling it an expansion.

OP, why do you keep bumping this

1 Like

And OW2 is nothing but an expansion, since it only adds to what little story that’s set in the past and is the first proper story campaign of OW.

We’re still going to get that OW2 upgrade engine for PvP, alongside with other heroes. OW2 is just adding lore stories and PVE missions to it. Calling it a sequel would be too much since the first had very little present story, and mainly focused on the past mission of OW (A prologue basically.). OW2 is now just focused on the current scenario.

It’s an expansion, and that ain’t a bad thing.

Then I guess most sequels of the past 30 years are no longer sequels because they do not fit your definition of sequel.

It is actually kind of sad how little people understand about what makes a sequel a sequel so parrot something completely wrong like what you said.

Let us start off with the basics: what is the bare minimum that a sequel must have to be a full installment? The answer is actually less than you would think if you look around the industry. It is simply a 10-12+ hour campaign. Some have multiplayer elements while some do not. Some have side activities and challenges while some do not, but the only constant is a 10-12+ hour campaign (technically I clocked in a little under 10 for Doom Eternal but that is because I am pretty good at that game). Note, it does NOT need to have a new engine.

So we know OW2 meets the bare minimum requirements, but there are two sequels that I will focus on in particular to show you both why OW2 is a sequel and the model it is following: Titanfall 2 and Doom Eternal. From Titanfall 2 we note that it is possible to have virtually no story in your game and then have your sequel deliver a campaign; from Doom Eternal we see that it is completely possible to have a sequel where you simply throw in a campaign (which OW2 will have) and a single exclusive token MP mode (OW2 will have this as well) and that meets the barrier.

Now if you are wondering what makes something an expansion vs DLC then nowadays it comes down to scale. DLC is a short 2-3 event with an expansion being 5-7 (hence why Doom Eternal had an expansion but split it into 2 DLC parts).

Well well well, look at that: OW2 Early Build comes in April 2022! OWL S5 starts with it - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)
All your dismissals and offenses were pointless, after all!
Not the ideal state on April 2022, but… CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHING, CRUNCHIiiiiiIIIIIINNNGGGggg Babyyyyy.

1 Like

lmao, you were what pushed them over the edge, ig

1 Like

They’re going to pull a Shadowlands on OW2. Delay release but even then the game will be disappointing.

Calling it now.

2 Likes

If they crunched, then the higher-ups should be arrested and permanently barred from holding any leadership position ever again. Human rights > video game.

while I agree crunching is bad and I’m a rather large advocate of human rights, rushing a game isn’t necessarily a violation of human rights or mistreating your workers.

make them work 14 hour shifts? ok, then yeah, but I don’t think that’s happening.

hopefully.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold it past Activision. That’d be mild after everything else they’ve done.