OW2 10/25 update will not let me log into game--game crashes

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I use a Nintendo Switch.

I just updated OW2 with the 10/25 update, and when I go to log into the game to play, it takes me first to the Blizzard logo screen, then the game’s main screen where you press “A” to play. When I press the “A” button, it says connecting…, searching for game server…entering game… then it pops up a black screen that says “The software was closed because an error occurred.”

Clearly there’s a problem with my download. I have no idea how to fix it or if it’s isolated to my device or if it’s happening with others’ devices too, so I thought I’d post here. Any help ANYONE can lend me would be great. I’m not a happy camper–I have a paid battlepass and am going to be losing time advancing on it the longer I can’t get in.

ETA: I’m on version 1.0.64 of the game.

27 Likes

im having the exact problem, and i have no idea how to solved this :((
im going to try delete and redownload the game

2 Likes

I am having the exact problem on Switch, only after the 10/25 patch. It loads on my computer fine. I purchased credits through the Nintendo eshop as well specifically for the Kiriko witch bundle and it’s unfortunate that they won’t load ANYWHERE because I am unable to open the game on Switch at the moment. It crashes every single time–no idea why

okay so deleting and redownloading the game worked!!

3 Likes

thank you!! I will be trying this

I have it that error on Switch; can’t log in. My boyfriend on ps5 does not have it.

1 Like

Deleting and re-downloading the game fixed the problem for me too.

Thanks… i guess i’ll download it tomorrow…

1 Like

Just wanna say that uninstalling and reinstalling may or may not fix it. It seems to be the only known possible fix working for some people. But it is not working for everyone.

2 Likes

I tried unistalling a few hours ago and it did not resolve the issue for me. Ill try it again now takes a half hour lol :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I was having the same problem on switch

Idk

I tried 3 time but it wouldn’t let me in till just now I didn’t have to uninstall

I also had this issue with my Switch’s update. I went to the main settings, then Data Management → Software —> Overwatch 2 → Check for corrupted data.
The scan didn’t find any corrupted files, but it did let me open up the game without any issues. I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Trying this now, will update on results, fingers crossed-

Update: Nope, still crashes.

1 Like

Am also having this problem.

I’m on Xbox and it’s only affecting my main account, i can log into the other ones fine. I reinstalled but that didn’t work either.

1 Like

Having the exact same problem on switch );

1 Like

Its been almost 24 hours ive lost all hope in blizz

Same issue here, was really looking forward to the halloween event too

2 Likes

Same exact problem for me as well… Cannot play at all

2 Likes

restarting my switch worked :slight_smile: