⚠ Overwatch is About to Die

Overwatch is in better shape than it’s ever been. My guess is that Overwatch will be the WoW of FPS - lots of people saying it will die, lots of games coming out that are supposed killers, and none of it mattering.

The game is not nearly as popular as it was a couple of years ago though. Very few people play it at school and barely anyone talks about it.

The severe lack of new gameplay content and slow balancing definitely doesn’t help.

Even though I love Overwatch and I am still playing… I hope it dies so Blizzard can fire or move or anything these useless Devs… Firing them is the best option to punish them for their useless handling, even though I know that its a marketing issue as well.

1 Like

historically, one good expansion, one bad expansion, bfa was really bad, subs dropped below 1 million, so now we should get good expansion, thats why they communicate, because they know this one cant be bad.
even my guild quit in bfa, and we were playing for years!
just yesterday we had a chat if we gonna raid again or not, so we decided to wait and see more info on the expansion.
Ow wont die, UT2004 is still alive.

Remember when Paladins came out!?

Overwatch was suppose to die then too.
I think it was like…post 529422222222.

Those were the days.

1 Like

YUP Devs avoid forums as fire

Well that really sucks for those of us that actually enjoy high level competitive Overwatch, or at least it existing.

I can’t really explain it. But it’s a big part of the game.

You give an example which is almost week old?

And please do tell me where exactly I said that they’re avoiding the forums?
They have more important things to work on than babysit angwy posters whos doing these ‘‘the game is dead/dying for what ever reason’’ -meme threads, etc.

This game has literally been DEAD since August of 2017 and it got chopped up in December 2017.

• Mercy nerf DUMPSTERS the game of all the paying casuals that played her.
  • December 2017 turns into SMURFF WATCH. Blizzard begins blending “THOSE” players into matches, regardless.
  • Overwatch league means the game now revolves around League instead of what is good for the STANDARD player.
  • Troll-heroes like Moira, Doomfist and Brigg are introduced.
  • Role Q takes the core game and puts DPS in a line so long, that it makes the game really stink for the standard, casual person.

OWL is in a rocky place, sure, OW itself? Not so much.

Blizzard is pouring resources into Overwatch’s future as a franchise and the casual community is still quite high in number despite the content drought. With the surge of players and money OW2 should bring, it’s unlikely the game will “die” anytime soon.

A lot of Overwatch devs, Jeff included, used to work on WoW.

You know why BfA failed?

Kicking out their good community manager was one of the biggest reason.
Community manager gather community feedback, distill it down and send it to the devs. (oversimplified)

Kicking him because “we have too much support staff and on paper they are not necessary” was a stupid idea.
That’s why I’m glad to see more Jeff here

It will take a while for this game to die, but it’s definitely not in as good a state in any capacity as what it was in 2017 or early-mid 2018.

1 Like

“Heroes never die!” , so nope…

Honestly, just the difference between now, 3 months ago and 6 months ago is so utterly massive that I am not sure… like, it depends on when Overwatch 2 comes out and how that changes things.

1 Like

Subs dropped below one million Haha
Source: BECAUSE I SAY SO

Legion was masterclass mate.

That it was! And before it we had WoD, and after it, we had WoD 2.0. Getting something right and then making a u-turn back to mediocrity undoes the progress made in legion.

I’m still waiting for that day when Overwatch was supposed to die…

Can someone @ me whenever that happens?

I dont need to be a psychic or Baba Vanga’s children to tell that Ow is years away from dying.