Overwatch Esports 2024 Schedule - Earn Rewards

The Champion drops will only be active for streams that play on the two overwatch esports channels, ow_esports and WDGJAPAN_ow. First stream is scheduled for Monday, February 26, 2024 8:00 AM

Whaaaaat 3AM pshhht crazy

And here I was wondering why thendrops weren’t showing up

WDGJAPAN_ow - Twitch stream has started now, drops are active.

2 Likes

How long do the streams usually go for?

Edit: I see, the English translation channel is broken on Twitch, but the WDGJAPAN channel you linked is allowing viewership incentives to work.

On Twitch, there’s a pinned comment:

Unfortunately, drops won’t be enabled here today, but will be enabled from tomorrow on! If you want to receive incentives, please tune into our OWCS Japan English stream Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlXi83y8i8E

YouTube stream is showing a “Connected” diamond for me, so rewards should still work. Granted, the last time they used this system was back in Playoffs/Grand Finals 2022, which didn’t turn out great.

For 3 matches, it’s probably around 4.5 hours. OWL used to schedule for 90 mins per match, but often went over. It’s really dependent on how many maps are played per match.

The Icon appeared without issue.

I’m watching the broadcast on Twitch.

Edit: The spray has now unlocked as well.

1 Like

Best to just use Twitch with the sound muted (from Windows, not the actual tab/volume at 0, just to be sure the video is “Playing”)

Why risk it with YouTube when Twitch shows you how much time you viewed AND you can redeem it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course I woke up at 3 AM, put the English channel on and went back to sleep. Upon waking up at 6 AM I see the Japan channel only has the drops and was able to get it on… pretty mad. There are plenty of opportunities this week, but annoyed as I would already have the first two drops by now.

My internet was acting up real bad plus the English channel wasn’t enabled for drops by error so I only got an hour and half of time on Twitch. I got the icon redeemed but did not get to check it ingame as yet.

Edit, my bad, guess I was still tired - I had almost exactly 3 hours watched, not 1.5 hours. Still annoying that I missed almost exactly an hour, so hopefully my internet acts right for the next stream.

Maybe I just put every channel on next time just in case… bummed i didn’t get the lifeweaver spray yet because i just had the english channel on

wow the rewards are so grim can’t they give us owcs skins already

anyway i saw the kiriko ones and they look exactly the same as the world cup ones

I can confirm the YouTube drops worked, with almost exactly 4 hours of broadcast time with the “Connected” diamond, I got the first 2 rewards.

Just in case, I also started watching the Twitch Japan broadcast about 30 mins late as a backup, and those rewards tracked, as usual.

2 Likes

Are these teams like pro players? Or are they community teams?

Cus i watched a couple rounds and ngl couldn’t see much difference between how they played and how i see plats and golds play lol

Not trying to hate or anything. But all I saw was players playing split up, running in by themself and feeding, wasting ults in a clear 2v5, missing abilities (and not like by pixels, like literally throwing junkerqueen knife into walls nowhere near the enemy). Never saw overwatch played so poorly in this sort of tournament setting during the entire owl.

Also just me or is the camera work really weak? Maybe im just spoilt from owl. But Like it just cuts to random players, really slow panning of the action.

Every region is doing open qualifiers for the first round, which means anyone can sign up to compete. NA has chosen not to broadcast their open qualifiers (Mar 1-3) likely to avoid broadcasting matches that feel less competitive.

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks. Was worried the quality of good players had dropped so far these games were considered pro

What time does Japan start tomorrow and Wednesday? I don’t have times being displayed for them, I do have them for South Korea. I’m pst but can figure it out with any other time zone

The scheduled times for the Japan/Pacific/Korea matches are in the OP in this thread, note that the times shown in the OP are automatically adjusted to your local time zone thanks to the magic of this forum’s software.

I am just now finding out after writing a long message that I can tap on Monday and it displays the time. Normally I see the exact time and date on the original post without tapping anything. You learn something new everyday.

1 Like

Yeah the forum stops displaying the full date info once the event is 3 days away or less, but you can still click on it to pull it up.