Overwatch Contenders / League 2023 Schedule - (Ended)

Ah, thanks!

Not gonna bother leaving that in then unless get more solid info of regular rewards.

2 Likes

YouTube works better honestly, as long as it’s functioning properly. No need to claim drops after each milestone.

Imagine having to claim a set of 5 tokens before the progress of the next set even starts.

This ensures as usual I can just literally leave it on and walk away for OWL rewards.

Buuuuutttt… I’d still pick Twitch over YouTube if I had a choice. No issue just claiming from my phone ever, for any other games I get drops for (and it’s a lot).

1 Like

I agree, we get tons more tokens on YouTube. I recall on Twitch that only actual match time was eligible for rewards and we received no progress for watching the Watchpoint Preshow, Postshow or for any extended intermissions for production issues.

I don’t mind missing a few tokens, It’s when they have one time skins up for grabs on YouTube and I have zero way to tell if their system is working that my anxiety kicks in.

I don’t think anyone who lived through the 2022 OWL Playoffs/Grand Finals is gonna 100% trust the YouTube system. Blizzard does deliver eventually when it breaks but there are still people in threads mentioning they never got their skins.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s horrible that system… But in its favor it has that you can see the progress of what you are carrying, and if everything is fine. On YouTube many times you just have to pray to see if everything is working well. Even if you see the diamond, it does not guarantee much many times haha.

Goosebumps…

Damn, Youtube Gaming again for the tokens?

Btw, you would actually have to claim 5 tokens each time you watched 1 hour on Twitch before? If true then both the platforms suck LOL.

YouTube would be a lot better if we had a progress bar for the drops,I hate watching and praying it counts.

2 Likes

Nah, Twitch added the “must claim drop before advancing to the next tier” after OWL had already moved onto YouTube. It’s the standard now though for Twitch so if OWL were to come back they would have to use that system or work around it.

1 Like

APRIL 27-30, 2023

Fans with linked accounts enjoying the Overwatch League opening weekend matches from April 27-30 will receive 5 tokens per hour for all matches and double token drops for select matches.

In addition to tokens for every hour of Live matches, you can earn:

• The CONTENDERS AND CHAMPIONS Spray after watching 2 hours.
  • The EAST TO WEST Name Card after watching 4 hours.

SPRING STAGE

APRIL-JUNE, 2023

During the Spring Stage, Overwatch League home and away skins will be earnable rewards.

• After watching 6 hours of the Spring Stage, you can earn the Genji Overwatch League home and away skins.
  • After watching 10 hours of the Spring Stage, you can earn the Orisa Overwatch League home and away skins.

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/viewership-rewards-guide

3 Likes

The schedule on the Contenders site has finally been updated for EMEA & NA

Also it looks like the Calling All Heroes broadcast on the 23rd will be available for the Twitch drops. (I’m unsure if the broadcasts for the Swiss Rounds on the 21st & 22nd will count)

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve updated the OP with this bounty of scheduling goodness.

Does seem odd that they mention the third Calling All Heroes broadcast but not the first two. I’ll list the first two anyways with a warning.

I had to read between the lines on this a bit:

• Spring Stage includes opening weekend, so it runs between April 27th - June 4th
  • These are the Overwatch 2 versions of the Overwatch League skins.
  • Saying “Overwatch 2 Overwatch League Skins” just rolls off the tongue
2 Likes

Yeah, but to be honest overall I still love Twitch’s system more. Youtube don’t even have a progress bar for all the drops.

Thanks for the update!

The value of these skins mean so little. I so prefer rare skins.

Not gonna OW hog my cpu all night when I could be playing OW2.

[CAH 2023-24: Raidiant Heroes Major 1 [Day 3] - YouTube? I’m new to this whole drops thing, but do we get drops from watching this stream?

Afaik, nope. Random code drop in chat only.

For that specific steam, Radiant Heroes Major 1 Day 3 on Sun April 23rd, it was marked as qualifying towards the Overwatch Contenders drops, but you must watch through Twitch not YouTube.

1 Like

Little notice:
With Prime, you can now receive 5 extra levels for your battle pass. Check your Twitch account. Ends in may 18th.

Just a heads up that the CAH Day 1 broadcast isn’t up on the Contenders Twitch channel so it isn’t eligible for the drops, Day 2 most likely won’t be either.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m missing something, I claimed the Collegiate Spray 7 days ago and it’s in my inventory in-game in OW2. I claimed the Classic Contenders Reaper skin 6 days ago, but don’t see it in my Reaper skin list in OW2. I’m just a little perplexed on what to do next, I got the spray and the tier skip claim from Prime Gaming worked fine- I haven’t had a problem getting any OW2 drops in the past. Am I looking in the wrong place?

If by chance you missed it in the list, the naming scheme for skins is a little weird and doesn’t appear in alphabetical order in each tier. The Reaper skins appear for me as “Contenders Away” and “Contenders Home” at the very bottom of epic (purple) tier.