Overwatch anti-cheat system is useless

Every game that has online connectivity has a problem with cheaters. Fact.
Every game deals with it the best way they can. Fact (ish)
Blizzard’s method is not perfect but it’s better than many (RIOT for example) and worse than others. I think their way of watching, breaking, patching, ban wave is more effective than whack a mole as it takes longer (very little longer but longer) for the cheat author to figure out what part of their code triggered the ban.

1 Like

Botters are allowed to bot for several months before getting banned. They catch them eventually but I wouldn’t call that “working”

You are just a minor degenerate who lies about the words riot

Yes that’s because you do not understand the topic at hand.

Are you okay sir? We are talking on an online forum about video games. Unless you’re being sarcastic

Ah yes, botters can keep their accounts for month, but the system is “working” as you say and Blizzard doesn’t need to improve it. Top notch thinking!

At least bungie bans everyone now that is remotely associated with hackers, like it should be, in OW hackers can happily keep boosting accounts all day.

Has it ever occurred to you that there is a reason to do it in waves or do you just assume that you simply know better than all the game developers ?

Try google if you cannot figure it out by yourself.

Recently,
After the damage is already been done.

Trials is already dead, not even the sweats that play it on a weekly basis stopped.

Well at least their next expansion is not 2 years away… And most players will prolly return by than. Also game has 100k player peaks on steam alone with console being the biggest platform for the game. Honestly, such numbers for that game just makes you wonder all the more about what kind of online users OW has at this point. The damage been done multipal times over in this game and the past year has been cheater galore.

So, are you still thinking of buying OW2?

Be ready buy owerwatch 3! All bugs will fixed!

Nah, I don’t think so.
People have fed up with Bungie’s Seasonal Model.

Sure they said they are gonna partially revert it back to what it was, but at of this point, people don’t trust Bungie anymore.

Including me. The sole reason I played Destiny 2 for the past of weeks was because the new Machine Gun is actually really good to use. After I get it I toss the game into a corner just like what I am currently do with Overwatch.

Do you mean the same game developers that introduced Brigitte? The ones who work in the company that also released/will release these terrible products: Warcraft Reforged, BFA, the latest Hearthstone expansion, and Diablo Immortal? (A nice thing linking them is that they are all designed to generate cash flows as opposed to having quality that drives value.)

Maybe it’s right to assume that Blizzard isn’t handling botting well, since it can’t handle quality well in any of its products right now. Try googling any of those releases to see if the developers are doing a good job

1 Like

I almost never see cheating. I see throwing way more often than I see cheating. Throwing is much worse for the game than cheating. Wish they could do something about that…

Ban waves do happen, but they don’t actually do anything. The actual result, is those banned people buy new accounts after finding a better functioning script and they resume where they left off.

End result: Problems resume as per usual and Blizzard banks profit. Black hats that write scripts also bank more, because people will pay for new scripts.

Not against you cause appearently you have the right to smurf. But for me it’s all ow devs fault for letting cheaters, leavers, smurfs, throwers destroy overwatch.

They fight pretty well with cheaters, what are the ideas for improvement?

With those who leave the game on a regular basis - too. there is a rather aggressive progression up to a complete ban on the regime. And soon the queue will be prioritized

Smurfs… We need to work on the balancer and work on the sweat.

By the way, for complaints of throw punishment is weaker than for insults.

Could really improve, when paladins a hi rez game held with spit and tape still punishes throwers and leavers and even smurfs much harsher, here’s a problem.

That’s literally every online game that people care enough to develop cheats for – there’s no way to completely block them, you just have to be as diligent as you cant.

Valorant boasted their anti-cheat system as a core feature that installs deep data mining software onto your computer, yet they’ve already had to do bans before the game is even released.