Overwatch 2 thoughts 😆

I’m honestly not that excited for OW2. I need to see the PvE content have some actual story progression, and it didn’t show that in the demo. PvP is the same, just with better graphics, and I’m not at all excited about Push.

I really wish they had shown more about the new heroes, where they’re planning to take the story, or just talk more in detail. But it seems promising.

1. Movie theaters have full upkeep costs from as simple as a worker’s salary to as complicated as popcorn maker repair. Blizzard rents AWS shared by thousands of players DAILY. They rent THOUSANDS of them by the month, and each one has an upkeep cost of about $8-$15 for power and data usage consumption.
  2. My time is data to Blizzard. Every game completed sends data to Blizzard, which aids in reducing their QOL testing and upkeep costs. Every player contributes to this pool of data.
  3. The hourly value of a human when working is currently set to a minimum wage in the US, which is considerably higher than any of these joke values you’re describing.

So… laughable costs you mention.

My time is worth money. Your time is worth money. Everyone’s time is worth money.

If they add a destiny like social hub in game then this is the perfect sequel. PvE is the life blood this game needed.

3 Likes

I like that they are allowing us to carry over cosmetics among getting the maps and heroes for free.

Still upset Comp mode (and QP) still has the worst system ever in role queue.

I think that if THIS is why we barely get any content for OW1, and what we get out of it is essentially expanded archives, I’m going to be VERY BUTTHURT.

1 Like

Maybe Pharah will join Overwatch partway through the story. They don’t wanna just throw out a spoiler like that right out the gate.

Nice try. Except for the fact that neither Blizzard nor any theater has ever employed you or even asked you for anything. You approached them to buy what they were selling. And in Blizzard’s case, you got an exceptional deal. Your claim that they are making some kind of extra profit off of your playing their game is meaningless (even if it were factual). We pay for entertainment. And in the case of video games, we get a lot of bang for our entertainment buck. But you think 10 cents per hour for entertainment is too much to pay?

But I’ll give you credit. You really put the extra effort in to justify your sense of entitlement.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, this is not confirmed. We could get Talon, MEKA, Junker etc. missions as well.

They have only shown us a snippet of the game. Just relax and be patient.

I like it, I’ll get it, and I’ll most likely wear a controller out playing the PvE. This kinda thing is my jam.

:joy: Okay kid. Okay. Enjoy your purpose-free existence. Full of people who don’t work for anything at any given time and everyone’s time is always worth nothing.

1 Like

Except for the people who work at Blizzard, who for some reason don’t deserve to get paid for their time. You really don’t see how entitled you are, do you?

There are two types of people who spout this kind of defensive dribble. The people who MAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE, and the people who don’t understand that they’re being used to make money for people.

1 Like

The clients will become one.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don’t.

Excited for new content – wish they would’ve just called it what it is (an expansion, like Overwatch: Rise of the Omnic") instead of labeling it a sequel and confusing everyone. Hope it’s not just for the price point.

Is it? Did they just add more content to the existing game? Or did they rewrite 4-year-old code into a new game? Chances are the latter is correct, which would make it a bit more than just an expansion.

They’re calling it a sequel because it’s a great marketing tool to convince casuals and new people to invest in it. More people will buy what they think is a new game then something they think they would need the first game to play.

Persistent online games upgrade their game engines in expansions ALL THE TIME.

I think they didn’t need to do OW2 as a sequel. They could’ve released it as DLC for OW1 instead.

I LOVE when characters I like get redesigns to their original outfits. Like how in AtLA Katara and Sokka wear their jackets while in the poles, but take them off in temperate zones. On top of that 4 player co-op missions have always been my favorite gameplay and Im excited for PUSH, Toronto, Rio De Janeiro and The new perk leveling system.