Overwatch 2 thoughts 😆

Just curious - what would you like to see?

Junker queen or Echo fairly soon, since we were promised them forever ago. An overwatch 2 that’s an actual new game with the core problems of the first game actually solved.

A PVE mode that isn’t just archives but swole.

They have no idea what they’re doing with this franchise. OW 2 filled me with some level of hope due to me thinking maybe they actually learned and now they’ll use what they learned to improve and make a better game. They didn’t. They released DLC as a full new game.

Can I play on my phone?:rofl:

I think the item crate should be a Lootbox. For old time sake.

This is subjective set of requirements - I wouldn’t count on some things being “fixed” as they aren’t really “broken”.

1 Like

When the game released, the intent was for anybody to be able to play any hero, but they quickly realized after we got the game in our hands this was stupid, and the game would always devolve into like 6 of the same hero doing something super overpowered. Even competitively.

That was swiftly changed to 1 of a hero per team, even though the game wasn’t initially balanced to do that, so we still had massive issues with game balance.

Then years later they decided that balance was still too difficult and instituted a forced 2/2/2 meta, again, without actually pre-balancing the game to support that.

Then, as predicted, instead of sticking around to actually fix it, they went completely silent and started overwatch 2. The naive thought on my end, of course, being “Oh, so they’re just going to fix it with OW2, that’s why they abandoned the first one”

No, they aren’t.

False - Blizzard started doing balancing towards 2-2-2 during GOATS meta; they clealy are balancing towards it.

“started”, then stopped. They barely did any.

Then they jumped to OW 2 too, and supposedly the “balance” is going to trickle back into OW one. After like, the year+ it’s going to take to actually get OW 2 out. Wow, amazing.

jelly where’s the obligatory “lets do this people” ???

I think the story could be “okay”. I’m not ready to trust the writers again, yet. I wonder if OW2 will retcon itself half way through the campaign… x_x

But we’ve only seen very early footage of the gameplay. If the leveling system, difficulties, maybe some kind of Left 4 Dead style “director AI”, and things like that all come in, the actual PvE gameplay could be worth it.

I’m loving it and will instantly buy it once available. The PvE side I’m hoping will stick to a specific kit rather than OW1’s constant buff/nerf/reworks whereas I’m hoping not many will complain over PvE kits.

I only worry about the AI’s as their “intelligence” is a bit odd at times during Archives and events PvE that they don’t have any stealth and almost have aim-bot on higher levels. But being coop, it probably doesn’t matter as most players will just charge in anyway.

Hopefully there will be some form of strategy e.g. shoot here to open this that exposes a critical hit area or shoot this to grab a key to unlock a door.

I think it’s awesome! Waiting till next September!
Tracer is thiccer
Bastion has Torbjorn’s cap
Mercy is prettier
Push bot is pure
I waited for Monte-Carlo since Storm Rising
PvEs are chill and cool
Only thing I’m upset about…
Where’s Max :heart: at?
Where’s Doomfist :heart: at?
Where’s Sombra :heart: at?
Where’s Moira :heart: at?
Where’s Reaper :heart: at?
Where’s Widow :heart: at?
Where’s Mauga :heart: at?
Where’s Sigma :heart: at?
We miss you, Talon :broken_heart:

nah i just thought they would invest in a more quality product rather than losing all their money trying to brainwash people into liking something they don’t and let alone haven’t been able to have the game in a finished state since release.

Great discussion everyone keep it coming❤️

This looks like a desperate call to keep the game alive…60€ for PVE that will probably be the same as what we get during event and a visual update? no thanks. 30€? maybe but i’m gonna wait a whole year before seeing what it’s worth

1 Like

Having played it at BlizzCon, it has a long way to go before it’s anything I’d really be that excited about, but it was fun to play regardless.

The PvE demo felt like a very simplified version of Anthem gameplay, which is fun but gets old quickly. It needs a lot more depth in customization and progression to be replayable at all.

Hero Missions (not available in the BlizzCon demo) sound like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, which was good fun and surprisingly replayable, but again Overwatch needs far more customization and progression to compare.

So in summary, it’s too early to judge.

1 Like

Costumes are uninspired except for maybe Lucio, and the release should have been within 6 months and a new hero at Blizzcon.

1 Like