Overwatch 2 thoughts šŸ˜†

I really hope OW2 gets an exclusive PvP to tinker around with so you can modify heroesā€™ abilities.

I donā€™t think that could ever be balanced to do competitive with, and I think itā€™d also have to limit locked heroes for each round, but I want to tinker, and I think itā€™d be a missed opportunity to allow players to customize stuff, but never have the ability to test it against one another.

1 Like

Winston saying ā€œbonjourā€ to the police officer was a heartwarming moment.

When they showed in the gameplay trailer that Genji can throw his sword and stuff like that at the bots I went bananas though. It was hype.

The Monte Carlo map looks breath-taking.

https://1lal3e4eckus2d9p8g17wl8c-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/OW2_Blizzcon_2019_Screenshot_Maps_Monte_Carlo_Backdrop.jpg

4 Likes

push looks cool, the pve looks pretty decent, albeit slightly boring after a while (to be fair weve only seen 1 mission though), the hero redesigns look cool, and the new HUD looks terrible

Would you rather Blizzard take the Battlefield/CoD approach and make you pay for the new yearly updated game & ditch the old game instead?

1 Like

i wanted more pve content and we got more pve content and iā€™m gonna buy itā€¦ butā€¦ it just feels like it doesnā€™t offer enough to justify its existenceā€¦

mercy got a new Karen haircut
sheā€™s definitely gonna ask for the managerā€¦ she wasnā€™t like this you knowā€¦ she picked up an attitude ever since she lost mass rez (itā€™s a joke people relax)

This is how I feel about OW 2. I really like the look of PvE finally in the gameā€¦ FINALLY HOLY CRAP TOOK WAY TOO LONG JUST LIKE ROLE QUEUE K THANKS.

Itā€™s not a sequel, itā€™s an optional add-on / expansion that they are labeling as a sequel which I find morally disgusting. Marketing team gonna get a bonus seeing how many people so far are being suckers without looking at this closer. The PvP is getting no announced changes just typical stuff we have grown to expect such as new maps / heroes / game modes which you get whether you own OW 1 or OW 2. You get NOTHING new seemingly in OW 2 as a PvP only player. If this was a sequel there would be huge sweeping changes to PvP along with adding PvE finally to the game. If there isā€¦ they havenā€™t made comments on it.

Jeff said it best when he said ā€œwe are redefining what it a sequel meansā€.

2 Likes

I was waiting for a post from you! Iā€™m excited! I and my friends are HUGE L4D/2 fans and are excited for the PVE modes.

Iā€™m glad we got SOMETHING more with the lore and seeing who answered the call.

Canā€™t wait for the interactions during missions. Mission banter is great.

Thatā€™s only a closed beta version of the game. Theyā€™re 100% gonna update it before OW2 launches.

Just release your old game with slightly updated graphics. Brilliant! Blizzard does it again.

Looks like something Iā€™d spend $20 on to upgrade from my current iteration of Overwatch. I mean, I have like 5 smurfs, Iā€™ve bought $60 or more in lootboxes, and Iā€™ve played thousands of hours on this account. I better have an UPGRADE option.

$30 is acceptable.

I mean, the UN is pretty useless anyway so I doubt theyā€™d do anything. Especially amid some sort of global Omnic invasion.

Because before now you thought all those people work for free because they donā€™t have any bills to pay?

2 Likes

I already know I want to purchase the game. Question is whether or not I want to pre-order it. Too many history of AAA publisher screwing their playerbase with a broken game on release, fortunately for me, I am not too interested in their game so I have never bother pre-ordering them unless my friends wants me to play with them on game release.

Letā€™s do the math. Youā€™ve spent $60 on lootboxes. Youā€™re willing to pay $30 more for your ā€˜upgradeā€™. I donā€™t know what you paid originally, but letā€™s be generous and say you sprang for an expensive one - letā€™s go with $100.

So weā€™re up to $190. Letā€™s round it to $200 for convenienceā€™s sake.

You say youā€™ve played ā€œthousands of hours on this accountā€. So letā€™s go with a lowball of 2,000 hours.

So you have spent about 10 cents per hour of playing time. Thatā€™s 10 cents per hour of entertainment. Compare this with going to see a movie, which costs roughly $10 per hour of entertainment.

And you think Blizzard owes you something?

These numbers are flexed so hard in the wrong directions that itā€™s laughable.

Thatā€™s kind of the reason why companies exist you know. :joy:

Please enlighten me. They are your numbers. I didnā€™t make them up.

Rip Genjiā€™s as- legs

He just expects Blizzard to keep making new content off a game he paid $60 on 3 years ago.

Just be glad they are making 1 and 2 crossover. They could have released a new game and forced you to buy it or play a dead game. Like every other company does.

1 Like